lets talk watches

poopie boy

is this SRP029K going to dwarf my 6" girly wrist?

it's 42mm and 13.5mm. my heart says no, my head says yes. closest / cheapest alternative to the sinn 656 i can find. maybe i should just pay up and shut up..

I'd say 42mm on a 6" inch wrist is pushing it, it does have short lugs though so you may be able to pull it off. but yeah like Ryan said the other option would be a yokobies mod

seiko5millyobukis.jpg

or like you said just do it and get the real thing

is this SRP029K going to dwarf my 6" girly wrist?

it's 42mm and 13.5mm. my heart says no, my head says yes. closest / cheapest alternative to the sinn 656 i can find. maybe i should just pay up and shut up..

80bba8131dc362be5d6dd960.jpg

i have a small wrist, i think this watch is around 2-3mm too big for me and the beefy bracelet and huge dial/small bezel combo exaggerates the size

i will provide as many wrist shots as i can:

4547214966_7ddddf6dc3_z.jpg

4761274724_da18267028_z.jpg

4600108058_88c5d3aab3_z.jpg

far away aint that bad. + strap slims it down too.

in action

5D6ptwvuSeY

i was gonna get the 029 but i figured the PVD wont last that long and i didnt want the light orange hands. it still luv mine to death even tho its a little big #sickclockbro

broke college kid here, just starting to look for a watch. i'm trying to find something inexpensive (<$150, preferably <$100) that's lightweight, has a leather or fabric band, and doesn't have a huge display since my wrists are smallish

suggestions? i like the ll bean field watch someone posted on this page, trying to find other possible options

broke college kid here, just starting to look for a watch. i'm trying to find something inexpensive (<$150, preferably <$100) that's lightweight, has a leather or fabric band, and doesn't have a huge display since my wrists are smallish

suggestions? i like the ll bean field watch someone posted on this page, trying to find other possible options

check the last few pages of the thread some good options there

I was perusing through GQ tonight, a moreso recent issue, but I saw a page dedicated to black on black watches- a Timex was featured but I can't find it for the life of me, it looked pretty rad, especially at its price point ~$60. Can anyone help me out? Can't find it online through the respective websites...

Pretty much looks like an easy reader, but 100% black. On that note, any other suggestions for a black on black watch under $100?

I was perusing through GQ tonight, a moreso recent issue, but I saw a page dedicated to black on black watches- a Timex was featured but I can't find it for the life of me, it looked pretty rad, especially at its price point ~$60. Can anyone help me out? Can't find it online through the respective websites...

Pretty much looks like an easy reader, but 100% black. On that note, any other suggestions for a black on black watch under $100?

this one?

timex-oversize-camper-watch-selectism.jpg

332pe2g.jpg

Sorry for the shitty phone pic but that's the watch. I did a quick search through GQ's fashion directories but they don't have the August issue up yet. No avail on Google either. I'd love to know where to purchase as I just wanna get a better look at it. Pretty hypebeast though so I'm not sure I'd pick it up...

332pe2g.jpg

Sorry for the shitty phone pic but that's the watch. I did a quick search through GQ's fashion directories but they don't have the August issue up yet. No avail on Google either. I'd love to know where to purchase as I just wanna get a better look at it. Pretty hypebeast though so I'm not sure I'd pick it up...

At least this is picture evidence to show I'm not crazy, haha.

those Seiko military watches are great choices if you want an automatic. however, since it isnt really a watch to be worn everyday, it may be a hassle to reset the clock every time you dont wear it for a few days.

For these style of watches, this Citizen is probably my favorite affordable one:

citizenecodrive.jpg

I have this watch. I like the design, the only problem is that it uses an 18mm strap, which limits your options for aftermarket ones.

hi everyone, i need help deciding on a cheap (<$250) diver-style watch. i really like the submariner style but i'm not necessarily looking for an exact replica of the style. this watch is pretty much just gonna hold me down for a year until i graduate at which point i think i'll probably invest in a "real" watch. i'm mainly just looking for something solid to wear everyday but i wear business attire roughly once a week so it has to be at least somewhat restrained.

these are my main options right now but i'm open to other suggestions:

51-NiGd-XGL.jpg

Invicta 8926c

51NH9QATC3L._SS500_.jpg

Seiko SKX007K2 (maybe w/ the oyster style bracelet instead)

is this too much to wear w/ a suit?

519F0kZRXML._SS500_.jpg

yeah, i think i'm gonna go w/ the 007. i saw those orients but something about them rubbed me the wrong way; just a personal preference.

unrelated: as a future mechancal engineer i need to own one of these at some point in my lifetime

Rolex_Milgauss_Green_1_1.jpg

travisio:

I would go for the 007. I almost got the invicta myself but decided against it. too many details about it just bother me.

what is it that you like about the milgauss? that its "antimagnetic"?

B&R professional series is also anti magnetic along with some Sinns also.

^yeah i went w/ the 007. i think i'm gonna buy an oyster bracelet at some point, not sure how i feel about the jubilee

i don't really have a concrete reason for wanting the milgauss. i was reading about the history of the milgauss and it was designed for people that work in powerplants, research labs, etc. which is where i may be working and it has a faraday cage (don't ask why but i really like faraday cages). it just seems like a really engineer-y watch and it also looks pretty boss.