lets talk watches

poopie boy

i dreamt that i had a submariner tonight and was quite disappointed when i woke up and looked at my actual watch (a 5yo seiko diver). so... i thought i'd share a picture.

tumblrkxszdau9ue1qaz06v.jpg

I had a sub for a while. It won't change your life. And actually I won't use the word dime a dozen as it would be more like 3K a piece but you get what I mean...

I had a sub for a while. It won't change your life. And actually I won't use the word dime a dozen as it would be more like 3K a piece but you get what I mean...

yeah I was gonna say... what up with all the submariner love lately? I've always wanted an AIr-King but I found a clean Explorer with bar markers for like $2300, dirt cheap. I might get it and fuck around with it and get it blacked or something, I dunno.

yeah I was gonna say... what up with all the submariner love lately? I've always wanted an AIr-King but I found a clean Explorer with bar markers for like $2300, dirt cheap. I might get it and fuck around with it and get it blacked or something, I dunno.

ain't even a sub thing its like a rolex thing, so many boutique brands out there doing dope shit with great price points or better yet if you can fork out the money for a rolex theres plenty of other brands for you to look at it with the same quality and a more unique lineup

.... how does one get their rolex blacked, apart from bamford?

depends what kind of black you want, pvd? ceramic coated? or dlc?

anyone here own a steinhart? been reading up about them on watch forums and majority are satisfied with the price/value and praised them for great service.

currently wearing a ss datejust and i just dont feel like wearing it everyday. have about 500 to play with right now and steinharts fits the bill.

anyone here own a steinhart? been reading up about them on watch forums and majority are satisfied with the price/value and praised them for great service.

currently wearing a ss datejust and i just dont feel like wearing it everyday. have about 500 to play with right now and steinharts fits the bill.

great choice alot of watch for not alot of money. Which model were you looking at?

I like their Nav B and Nav B Chrono series. Also the new Triton looks great

great choice alot of watch for not alot of money. Which model were you looking at?

I like their Nav B and Nav B Chrono series. Also the new Triton looks great

Nav-B series or one of the GMT Ocean-1.

Anyone have recommendations for more plain looking dials + automatic movements + that aren't enormous? My old Mondaine was fine but the ETA inside it died for whatever reason. Some of those Seiko automatics a few pages back are nice but 40mm would just look absurdly large on my wrist.

i know what you mean. modern mens watches tend to be on the larger side these days. 36-38mm are easy to find vintage.

finding something new would probably mean a military replica. i have a 36mm vietnam era benrus reissue that's absolutely perfect, but it's not something i want to thrash daily wearing.

Anyone have recommendations for more plain looking dials + automatic movements + that aren't enormous? My old Mondaine was fine but the ETA inside it died for whatever reason. Some of those Seiko automatics a few pages back are nice but 40mm would just look absurdly large on my wrist.

38.5mm ok?

sinn656front.JPG

Don't know what your budget is but if its under $500. Archimede Pilot M would be a nice choice 39mm, ETA2824-2, sapphire crystal, quick set date & lumed hands & markers. Has a display back and the leather strap is not bad, great watch for the price point. Even though its 39mm it should be fine for smaller wrists since it has short curved lugs.

http://www.archimede-watches.com/EN/Pilot-M.htm

79M19-A12-dia.jpg

Thanks, those are great suggestions. Maybe I'll get a Sinn in a while but really 38 might even be too big (idiot baby wrist) so if not then the Arch Pilot S looks good.

Edit: Looking up Archimede watches on other sites, any thoughts on Aristo? Never heard of this but I guess it's along the line of Archimede / Stowa, etc.

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/Aristo.htm

Some like the Pilot 5H37S are small enough (37mm) and have the same ETA movement.

Thanks, those are great suggestions. Maybe I'll get a Sinn in a while but really 38 might even be too big (idiot baby wrist) so if not then the Arch Pilot S looks good.

Edit: Looking up Archimede watches on other sites, any thoughts on Aristo? Never heard of this but I guess it's along the line of Archimede / Stowa, etc.

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/Aristo.htm

Some like the Pilot 5H37S are small enough (37mm) and have the same ETA movement.

I'd say yeah Aristo is pretty much in the same league as Archimede but Stowa is above those two. I'd rate them like this Stowa - Archimede - Aristo.