lets talk watches

poopie boy

i want a bamford customized submariner

image1pj.png

"I'm in an all white party wearin' all black

With my new black watch call it the heart attack

Cardiac arrest, cardiac a wrist"

plenty of better options out there

I don't even care what people say. A black submariner is a must have in any collection. If your serious, you have more than just one Rolex.

I don't even care what people say. A black submariner is a must have in any collection. If your serious, you have more than just one Rolex.

you mean a black dial or a all black watch? if you mean a reg black dial sub then yeah I agree its a classic, but if you got a rolex already I'd rather spend my money on some other brand

and if your serious watch collector you have more than just rolexes unless your a rolex fanatic then thats a diff. case

I've decided after some research that my next watch pickup will be a Glycine Airman. It was either the Glycine or Sinn and I figured I'd grab something a little different.

Anybody have a Glycine in their collection? Any thoughts?

I had one for a while, sold it to finance other stuff. mine was an original design model from the late 70s. 24 hour dial was kinda annoying so i didn't wear it all that often. but it was a nice watch, probably shouldn't have gotten rid of it.

omega is overrated. branch out.

Sure, they may be. To tell the truth once I actually got it I was a little underwhelmed. This is after seeing the watch in person and being excited about getting it. I'm not sure why I feel let down. I like it but don't love it and find myself reaching for the Sinn more often. I'm going to keep it around for a bit longer but if I don't wear it enough it'll go. Not sure how much this has to do with Omega being "overrated" as much as me just not really digging it as much as I thought I would. Maybe I'm just meant to stay in the ~$1k or less realm of watches to feel like I'm getting the value I'm looking for.

My favorite watch shop in Japan just got broken into and $3,200,000 worth of watches was stolen.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/01/02/international/i021234S74.DTL&tsp=1

yes that is correct.

it's a little bit sportier than my usual taste but i guess it will function well as an everyday watch.

i got that same watch as a gift from an ex gf...

would it buy it for myself? probably not.. too expensive for a quartz movement watch..

definitely not a springdrive/kinetic though

i've always wanted a traser h3 for a beater. only thing that's stopped me was the size. but what the hell, 43 won't look that dumb on me. anyone have one?

http://www.traserusa.com/en/watches/detailkat1watch2.html

These Trasers look like they've used the actual mil watches made by Marathon as their inspiration. If you're not familiar with Marathon I highly suggest checking out eBay as you can grab one for much less than the cost of a Traser (unless you spring for a Gsar or Tsar model)

Movements range from Swiss mechanical movements to quartz. You can check back through this thread for more info I believe...

http://tinyurl.com/yascqxd/ (shortened eBay link)

But judging by your watch knowledge ericdw I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're well aware of Marathon. If so, what makes the Traser more appealing?

I like the look and the fact that they're using Swiss ETA movements in a few models. But I feel like for the money you could grab a Marathon with either a manual or quartz movement for a much better price...

But judging by your watch knowledge ericdw I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're well aware of Marathon. If so, what makes the Traser more appealing?

I like the look and the fact that they're using Swiss ETA movements in a few models. But I feel like for the money you could grab a Marathon with either a manual or quartz movement for a much better price...

I agree I'd take a Marathon over a Traser anyday. but I'd say maybe its because most marathons are pretty big hunk of a watch

Like I said, Traser looks like Marathon is their inspiration for their watches. They're not directly replicating and I can see how they're adding their own touches.

Here's a comparison:

Marathon WW194013

ww194013l.jpg

Traser P6500

P_6500_type6_det.jpg

In this case both are Swiss quartz and VERY similar. I've seen the Marathon WW194013 on watch forums selling for around $150 but it might be worth the extra $100 to save yourself the leg work. I'd love to see both in person...