superconfessional

i like the mcskillet burrito.

i jsut microwaved it in its package and within 6 seconds, it started to spark. didn't realize the wrapper was made of aluminum. LAWL.

it was cool.

burnt a hole right through the wrapper to the burrito. i ate the burrito. hope it was a safe choice.

I cant remember the last time I didnt drink in 7 days

same. longest i went recently without drinking was 3 days, but my new years resolution is to cut back at it. i suceeded my 2007 resolution, quit smoking. so ima keep at this and find something else to divert this shit besides work and the sufu lifestyle.

my confessional: im drunk right now. irony = me

Was exiting straits from going away dinner (she's leaving for france) and we hear really LOUD music "we're gonna celebrate...one more time"

Normally I'd say bad form to Straits Cafe (see Santa Row and closed Richmond district locales), however the Westfield SC is quite pleasant and their chow kway teow is decent. Havent tried their chili crab but I'm sure its n.g.

I also heard Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal dined there a couple months ago. I'm so gay.

my dad was going to give away an old brooks brothers handmade suit to goodwill about 3 months back. he put down for estimated value $500, though the suit cost $1000. they said they can't give more than $100. thank god he walked out on that one.

i think its in the old clothes closet...

is there a way of procuring credit from a store if you sell them back a suit - i.e. this brooks one? its in great condition and its beautifully made, but it doesn't fit anyone in my family anymore. is it possible that brooks would take it back, or would i have to find a high end consignment shop?

How many suits you think sell at goodwill for $500?

If it's a relatively new suit with normal measurements and a solid color (i.e., 38-42, normal drop, arm length, inseam), you could always ebay it. The demand for brooks brothers suits is not real high. If it's patterned, damaged at all, and/or had a lot of tailoring done, you may not get $100 for it.

If it's a high-end, MTM suit, you may get some hits on ebay, but most people can't tell the difference between a $500-700 brooks suit (standard) and a greenfield or golden fleece model.

I confess I put too much work into this post.

confession: im looking at brooks brothers button downs on ebay. didnt see that one coming. Light blue button down oxfords is all I want to wear at the moment.

I wonder how huge a L or 16,5 is... Shoreman?

I also got a new girlfriend. Both very fun and rather confusing.

Huge relative to what? The regular oxfords are pretty big, but if you buy the right neck/arm length, they'll fit within reason, IMO. It's a different look than most on Sufu/styleforum prefer, of course--they're too big to wear untucked, really (it emphasized their largeness) and if you tuck, you will get blousing at the waist. I'm a 16-34, or L, and I don't wear brooks' stuff outside of work, really.

The slim fits are better, and the Black Fleece oxfords are great, though they are definitely tucking shirts. If you care about country of origin, most shirts are "imported"; original polo button down collars are made in the US (regular and slim fit), and black fleece are made in Italy.

EDIT: Does your gf have a camera? (Could that question be creepier?)

Good question... Im wearing a Lands end original oxford in the right (or perhaps slightly too small) neck size that i really like the fit on untucked (i think me being tall makes it look relaxed in a good way). Loose and rather long, but since the shoulders are on point it works very well... so relative to lands end perhaps? Im not the sufu fit guy anyways so... Thanks for all the info, I will keep my eye out for the slim fits.

How is the BB oxford cloth? Im really likeing the lands end shirts I have material wise.

I actually have a camera myself now you dirty old man :) no more relying on the gf. So I expect i will join the dirty mirror, or perhaps timer crowd sometime soon...

If you know your size in Land's End, that's safe for BB. If you're not going to button the top button, you could probably go down a full neck size and stay comfortable.

Timer crowd is hella cooler.

I confess that I was at work last week, but it was basically vacation. Today everyone else came back and I have to do work.

pussy. start drinking again. its obviously done wonders for dismalfuture's posting, it can do the same for you!

yeah, i went to the bar last nite with some buddies, felt like a giant weight off my shoulders

How many suits you think sell at goodwill for $500?

If it's a relatively new suit with normal measurements and a solid color (i.e., 38-42, normal drop, arm length, inseam), you could always ebay it. The demand for brooks brothers suits is not real high. If it's patterned, damaged at all, and/or had a lot of tailoring done, you may not get $100 for it.

If it's a high-end, MTM suit, you may get some hits on ebay, but most people can't tell the difference between a $500-700 brooks suit (standard) and a greenfield or golden fleece model.

I confess I put too much work into this post.

hah, true.

its a 42XL custom measurement custom made suit by brooks brothers from the mid-70's, pretty immaculate condition for its age. its a nice like brown w/ green and off-gold plaid, pretty slim, and comes with an old brooks pocket square. im sure i could sell it on ebay.

its a nice suit. i could probably fit it. maybe ill keep it.

On a related note:

I was supposed to work a 20 hour shift today, instead I worked 12 and slept on someones office floor for 8 hours. Sorry for violating your space, mystery dude.

On a related note:

I was supposed to work a 20 hour shift today, instead I worked 12 and slept on someones office floor for 8 hours. Sorry for violating your space, mystery dude.

12 hours is still pretty crazy. i'm at work and there's a super important japanese visitor guy in the office and i'm sitting at my desk trying to make it seem like i'm doing something important. trying to make superfuture seem like important work.

12 hours is still pretty crazy. i'm at work and there's a super important japanese visitor guy in the office and i'm sitting at my desk trying to make it seem like i'm doing something important. trying to make superfuture seem like important work.

superfutre is serious business. i'm 100% certain he was impressed, sam.

werd, is it possible to give superfuture an excel spreadsheet background? that would be sweet.

and we have a company big wig coming in for a meeting on Friday so no casual Friday...WTF??? he works here..he doesnt know we have casual Fridays???

and I hate when people knock on my cubicle....oh sorry...workstation....you see a fuckin DOOR!?!?!!? just say, hi....blah blah blaghblah blah

gotta go finish my TPS reports!!

no...noo.......thats my STAPLER!!!!!!!!