superconfessional

"Remember a pimp is only as good as his product, and his product is women and you got to go get the best you can find..and don't forget, any one can control a woman's body but the key is to control her mind, can you dig it?"- Paul Harris

SuperBobo is from northern Europe, where the relentlessly dark winter makes everyone an existentialist!

A Finnish friend of mine talked about the severe differences in seasonal behavior; he said that in the summer, people have love affairs and start new businesses, whereas in the winter, people are much more likely to commit suicide. What a crazy, schizophrenic world. (I've lived in Texas pretty much all of my life, and here the difference in light between summer and winter is negligible.)

This is in many ways true:) The dark part of the year makes some nasty things with your mind, related to vitamin D, and melatonin production. Seriously, my sex drive goes down and I pretty much want to die. The good parts are cosy snowy winter evenings with the girlfriend.

Only thing is that I pretty much feel like this all the time. Reading the stoics really put words on the meaninglessness of our struggles, with the exception that they belived life is intrinsinctly "good" and "right", based on a metaphysical foundation I have a hard time buying.

And its not that I dont have fun and good experiences, but the inherit emptiness of meaning pretty much makes the whole thing arbitrary.

I dont really feel the solution is "get out, have fun", thats just ways of distracting yourself fellow monkey men...

This is in many ways true:) The dark part of the year makes some nasty things with your mind, related to vitamin D, and melatonin production. Seriously, my sex drive goes down and I pretty much want to die. The good parts are cosy snowy winter evenings with the girlfriend.

Only thing is that I pretty much feel like this all the time. Reading the stoics really put words on the meaninglessness of our struggles, with the exception that they belived life is intrinsinctly "good" and "right", based on a metaphysical foundation I have a hard time buying.

And its not that I dont have fun and good experiences, but the inherit emptiness of meaning pretty much makes the whole thing arbitrary.

I dont really feel the solution is "get out, have fun", thats just ways of distracting yourself fellow monkey men...

Irony and earnestness when properly expressed are indistinguishable from each other. The only difference is intention. So it's not a matter of you living a carefree and careless lifestyle; it's you embracing the fact that, despite the "inherent emptiness of meaning" in life, it's all you have. There is nothing else. So you might as well and make something of it.

While the stoics seem to be a good starting place, I think the "positive existentialists," like Camus, Kierkegaard (in a way), and Kafka are better spots for meditation.

I should obviously read up on the existentialists, but the fundamental question remains: if this is all there is, why bother?

That is a question that obviously you must answer yourself.

But I think that this is a good starting place. The world is wide and full of wonder and there is much in the world to love--much in the world you do love, I would wager. People often forget that they have much more than they realize.

Here is a cartoon that may be relevant.

Lord_Gloom-1.jpg

Bobo - Death is going to get you in the end ANYWAY. No matter what you do to avoid it, you WILL die. But it's absolutely incredible that you are alive. Do you realize how many things throughout history had to go just perfectly so that you are alive today? And if you're absolutely miserable, CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Save up to move somewhere else. See a psychiatrist. Get a divorce. Adopt a puppy. Make friends in chat rooms. Take up drinking. If somebody purposely abuses or hurts you, HURT THEM BACK. Do whatever you have to do to stay alive (without harming any innocent people, if possible). Try to create something. Drop out of school, live on a floor and join a band. If you're feeling suicidal, say to yourself, "What the hell - life's just going to kill me in the end anyway. I'd might as well go see a movie or hire a prostitute while waiting for it to happen." Whatever - it's your only life. If you feel trapped, escape into another aspect of life. The world is enormous, and there are lots of places to go, people to meet and things to do. Just DON'T GIVE UP. Because believe it or not, people will miss you. Try to squeeze every possible morsel of happiness out of life that you can in this limited time you have, because you WILL be dead some day, but you will NEVER be alive again (most likely).

landho- If you're ever in gainesville, we need to hang out at a beer snob bar and be those annoying people talking philosophy (and the nba of course) while drunk. This needs to happen.

Ahaha, I hate those people but I would definitely run that. And then I would talk shit about Urban Meyer and Billy Donovan and get myself run out of town.

I don't really drink, though. Could you stand to be seen in public with a dude who's drinking a virgin strawberry colada? I can't, and I am that guy.

Go Lakers!

Ahaha, I hate those people but I would definitely run that. And then I would talk shit about Urban Meyer and Billy Donovan and get myself run out of town.

I don't really drink, though. Could you stand to be seen in public with a dude who's drinking a virgin strawberry colada? I can't, and I am that guy.

Go Lakers!

Hell, at this beer bar, you can find shit that tastes amazing. A bit pricey, but some really cook stuff. Plus, you get to feel like an elitist and look down your noses at people drinking blue moon or stella or some shit like that.

I also hate gator athletics and enjoy arguing about why i think the gators suck when i'm drunk with people. I can handle sitting next to you drinking that drink, but if you combine it with those white jeans, it may be too much......or maybe not quite enough.

P.S. billy donovan's little son sucks at rec league ball. I love reffing his games and watching him fail since i'm not a donovan fan (spurning the magic like that). Billy goes to the games sometimes but barely pays attention or shows emotion. Shitty dad from what i've seen.

Hell, at this beer bar, you can find shit that tastes amazing. A bit pricey, but some really cook stuff. Plus, you get to feel like an elitist and look down your noses at people drinking blue moon or stella or some shit like that.

I also hate gator athletics and enjoy arguing about why i think the gators suck when i'm drunk with people. I can handle sitting next to you drinking that drink, but if you combine it with those white jeans, it may be too much......or maybe not quite enough.

P.S. billy donovan's little son sucks at rec league ball. I love reffing his games and watching him fail since i'm not a donovan fan (spurning the magic like that). Billy goes to the games sometimes but barely pays attention or shows emotion. Shitty dad from what i've seen.

Yeah! Fuck the Gators! Although I kind of rooted for them against the Buckeyes because I superhate the Big 10.

And I wish I could find a pair of slim-fitting white jeans. The ones I have are sized up however much so that they look just like normal straight-leg jeans on me. Maybe I'll rock those and my spectators anyway....

But in a way, it's good that Billy D spurned the Magic like that; I think Stan Van G is twice the coach that Donovan is.

I wish i saw him that summer when i was reffing but his kid didn't play. I really wanted to go up to him really excited and say something like "Hi. Mr. Donovan. I'm a big magic fan and can't wait to watch you this season on the bench. I know you'll do a great job." or something like that just to watch the really uncomfortable look on his face.

Also, what size are you? The tim hamilton x uniqlo jeans are pretty slim and someone is either selling them here or style forum in a size 30. Size 30 probably works for size 31 best though.

I wish i saw him that summer when i was reffing but his kid didn't play. I really wanted to go up to him really excited and say something like "Hi. Mr. Donovan. I'm a big magic fan and can't wait to watch you this season on the bench. I know you'll do a great job." or something like that just to watch the really uncomfortable look on his face.

Also, what size are you? The tim hamilton x uniqlo jeans are pretty slim and someone is either selling them here or style forum in a size 30. Size 30 probably works for size 31 best though.

I'm somewhere between 29 and 30; my APC NS are size 28, but they're now my loosest jeans (although they are clearly still reasonably slim, by most people's standards).

Glad that the NFL season is finally about to start. I hate baseball. But because the Raiders are so bad, I kind of lose focus about 10 weeks in, and the rest of the season just becomes a stopgap till basketball season starts.

everytime habia +reps me, he writes like a note. its great. its like he's everyone's best friend.

coolest dude. also very tall in person.

haha, not everyone but yes some...

did that lunch with you, dino and fookums ever happen by the way? It should.

and I am surprised you notice I am tall... I pretty much classify guys as shorter than me or about my height, and girls as so much shorter than me that it is unbearably awkward, or reasonably shorter than me. Haven't really met tall girls yet somehow.

haha, not everyone but yes some...

did that lunch with you, dino and fookums ever happen by the way? It should.

and I am surprised you notice I am tall... I pretty much classify guys as shorter than me or about my height, and girls as so much shorter than me that it is unbearably awkward, or reasonably shorter than me. Haven't really met tall girls yet somehow.

haha, no that lunch never happened. tall girls are few far between, and short girls are ridic awkward sometimes. it really bothers me when especially short people are like "YOURE SO TALL"

thanks for telling me.

yeah for sure. And people don't seem to remember how tall I am for some reason... my height hasn't changed since high school yet old friends and family are always like "have you grown??" Maybe since the majority of the time knowing these people was when I was shorter. Huh.

and I hate meeting cool girls who are 5' or 5'1"... even high personal compatibility is overridden by physical incompatibility.

yeah for sure. And people don't seem to remember how tall I am for some reason... my height hasn't changed since high school yet old friends and family are always like "have you grown??" Maybe since the majority of the time knowing these people was when I was shorter. Huh.

and I hate meeting cool girls who are 5' or 5'1"... even high personal compatibility is overridden by physical incompatibility.

yeah, its becoming an issue already for me and its only the second week of school

most girls around here max out at like 5'6"... still a bit short for people of our stature.

here's a quote I've had around for quite some time now:

Don't know where I got it from or who said it, but it works for me, in all it's simplicity...

i saw a quote the other day that i can't stop thinking about. i like it

"80% of success is just showing up"

according to google, it might be a woody allen quote. who knows...

everytime habia +reps me, he writes like a note. its great. its like he's everyone's best friend.

coolest dude. also very tall in person.

I know exactly what you're talking about.. he sent me a PM regarding a problem I posted and was very helpful and friendly