superconfessional

does it only take 3 stories to kill someone? I always figured it had to be 20 or something.

and I wonder what music he was listening to.

EDIT: and I sincereley hope he had no regrets after it was too late. Condolences to his family and friends.

wow, those pictures really affected me... I'm actually crying right now, I feel so bad for him and his poor cut wrists and the fact that he's wearing no shoes.

dont feel bad or anything btw, I chose to look at them. Im surprised Im reacting like this..

Depends on if he went for a perfect 10 landing or not

i don't care too much why he did it, but rather why he chose to do it in the daytime (guessing by pics) when there's a bunch of people around instead of when there are less people

if you were to off yourself in a way such as jumping off a building, would you want it to be in front of a lot of people as to possible freak them out? judging by the earbuds in his ears, i'm guessing he didn't intend to see if people were going to talk him out of it

subsequent confession:

i'm stuck between going quietly because otherwise is rude, and going with a bang because i sometimes feel people should be able to deal with death as a normal occurrence =/

I think dying quietly is much more of a 'normal occurence' than dying publicly. No one should be able to force their death and the trauma/huge emotions of witnessing something that violent onto people who were just passing by.

confession: call me a cold-hearted asshole or whatever, but i don't have much compassion for people who decide to kill themselves, especially when they want to be recognized they wanted to kill themselves. there are tons of people who'd like to have the chance to live another day every day.

(and i come from a country with the highest suicide rates.)

although he was forcing it by being there in public and in broad daylight, it wasn't like he was screaming at people to look at him

i do understand that some people take such things very hard, but no one was stopping pedestrians from walking away from it. it's funny that it's sort of like a car accident in the sense that people just tend to want to look

he must have wanted people to see though, to some degree. There are higher things one can jump off that aren't so public. I have never been to SF but Im going to assume that it was a fairly busy area where the H&M was

Chicken: I agree with you, but II still feel awful for him for feeling so bad that he needed to kill himself in the first place. Public suicides are still nasty though, it doesnt seem fair to me to involve other people in your death.

I'm with Chicken. I don't particularly have sympathy for suicides. It's your life, and sympathy without really understanding is just pity which is just condescension. Then again I've also known a few people and friends of friends who threatened to do it just for attention or hilarious half-assed attempts for the same reason (aspirin overdose?).

Wow, those pictures.. bright and sunny day, the guy with slashed wrists and bare feet, surreal.

Around this time of year during my super senior year in college, I came out from a class, hopped in my car and drove down the street (probably in a daze with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth, most likely), and as I got to this last intersection on campus, from the corner of my eye I see this falling thing... I look over and see this woman falling from the top of a 6 story parking garage and then subsequently thud to the ground. Given that it was early May, the ground was all wet and she landed on grass, and ended up living.

What makes me wonder though, is why that guy chose H+M for that shit? Am I just a snob? If you're gonna go out like that (and make a mess/fuck up some people's afternoons) wouldn't you choose someplace more romantic/interesting? On a similar note, I was reading some Yahoo news where a guy went into a women's plus size clothing store and gunned down a bunch of customers. Fucked up shit, but mainly because I feel for victims, having died in a plus size clothing store and then having had their names published as such. :(

Fuck dude, they probably had your size at a different store.
Fucked up shit, but mainly because I feel for victims, having died in a plus size clothing store and then having had their names published as such. :(

I can't rep you guys but I laughed hard.

About the pictures, it's sad for sure (though i won't cry because it won't bring him back and I didn't know him), but I agree with those who said he could have done it in a more intimate place, not in public, not at H&M... I don't think he is an attention whore, and this is sad nonetheless, but well...

with each hour that passes, i get another eye bag. fucking hot.

There was a 3 year streak where people attempted suicide in the train tracks in front of my house.

1st year, a gym teacher from my high school jumped in front of the train (very messy, they were cleaning up all around, like in front of my house in biohazard suits. So weird)

2nd year, a classmates older brother made the jump over a girl. He was able to have an open casket funeral.

3rd year. Some guy parks his truck in front of the tracks and then bails out at the last moment.

speed racer's purple suit is freshreseshesh see the movie, it's over the top and it's fucking hilarious. Very well done, haven't seen a movie so enjoyable ever in my life.

I caught Ironman just yesterday. It was a toss up between Speedracer and Ironman, but I'm somehow comforted to know that Speedracer would have been no less entertaining.