Show us your leather

aleopold

Flat Head Stockburg FB-55C long wallet, bought at Desert Hills Market.

FHWallet1_zps3568aa26.jpg

FHWallet2_zps6257e76a.jpg

FHWallet3_zps3dd84709.jpg

FHWallet4_zpsbb55a163.jpg

This wallet is completely amazing. It was made at their leather workshop only five minutes away from my apartment. It's made of out harness leather lined with pigskin on the underside, a double interlocking stitch of waxed cow tendon thread, and a 925 silver concho and hook. This type of stitching is virtually indestructible and the wallet should last for many, many years. My Redmoon is nice, but this Stockburg wallet blows it away in every way.

I was skeptical about the flap coin pouch (rather than a zipper) but it's actually really good. Coins do NOT fall out as some people have speculated, and from used examples I've handled it completely flattens out over time, anyway. The flap actually makes it easier to handle coins (I can dump them out on the flap, instead of having to stick my hand inside the pouch to fumble around.)

I also got a Flat Head natural plate buckle belt; I haven't taken pictures yet, but it's even thicker than my Equus military belt and equal, if not better, in quality. I certainly think it looks better (I don't like brass buckles.)

I'll probably order a black cordovan card case, too. Fun fact: a card case in Japan isn't used for credit cards, like FH's cases are presented overseas. They're used for keeping business cards (your own, and those you receive.)

Edited by Cold Summer

I've been combing through the topic looking for iPhone wallets. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good quality natural iPhone wallet (bifold with credit card/money pockets, preferably wouldn't have to take the phone in and out of a pocket)? Thanks!

Not exactly what you're looking for, but you may want to check out Baldwin Denim's wallet. It's a denim and leather wallet and works great with an iPhone.

Not sure these have received enough love and attention to be worthy of the "shoes that look better with age" thread, but I figured I'd post my Red Wing 3140s here. Got em for christmas last year, and haven't treated them or anything since then. They're pretty beat up and indigo stained, but I still love em.

IMG_0398_zps556fdf27.jpg

IMG_0401_zps9c466653.jpg

IMG_0400_zps06ae3f35.jpg

IMG_0399_zps521e8128.jpg

IMG_0403_zps9608f055.jpg

I'm not sure how well these will go over here...but they are very high quality leather, custom made to order,(the last time I called to place an order, the guy had to shut off a stitching machine so he could hear me) and among the highest quality gun leather available today. Made by Milt Sparks in Boise, Idaho. Leather is from Hermann Oak Leather Co. in St. Louis.

The solid black is full grain cowhide, the other black is horsehide and shark trim, and the last is cordovan. Average wait is about 7-8 months.

253c78a1739be2f67e5be08e53a8b714.jpg

I know people have different feeling about guns, but I just wanted to show some quality leather goods.

Check out my Daedalus Natural American Horsehide Lanyard with Washed Copper Burr Rivet,3mm Thickness

907473_10200108392407514_290423841_n.jpg?oh=5d545c26612ba15d0923300a986479ea&oe=5161A441&__gda__=1365427827_2023bf28aab66f049a1679bb935080d7

how did you order from daedalus? i want to order a pair of boots from them but their fb looks like they havent updated it in a long time so im unsure to use their website.

OGL x Brave Mid Wallet in CXL, probably 6-7 months of everyday use, no treatment:

DSC04384_zps5ead2917.jpg

Iron Heart Arcs from the MBBs (so this has happened in literally only a couple weeks):

DSC04385_zps09ca0a97.jpg

Worn down/indigo stained edges and corners:

DSC04386_zps0cdf8911.jpg

The side that is against my ass, and gets the full indigo treatment. Note the denim imprint, and the curled in edges to conform to where it rests in my back pocket:

DSC04387_zpsae7dbff1.jpg

And the inside, with more pronounced curvature:

DSC04388_zpsebd6778a.jpg

The money slot has been worn down to become very smooth:

DSC04389_zps7ab8d121.jpg

I love the character of this wallet, and I'm definitely excited to see how the CXL continues to evolve.

I'm looking for a small scrap of interesting leather for a replacement patch on some fresh denim...anyone have any interesting ideas or sources?

Search ebay- you can find patch sized scraps in virtually every hide ever tanned, and the prices are ok, since they're leftovers.

I say go with frog hide.

I'm looking for a small scrap of interesting leather for a replacement patch on some fresh denim...anyone have any interesting ideas or sources?

Horsehide is a favorite of mine. It has a much more marbly, uneven color than the cowhide I've seen. Far more interesting to look at, in my opinion. Horsehide also picks up ink really nicely if you plan on printing on it. I have a box of horsehide scraps I got for maybe 15 bucks, I've made 8 or 9 wallets and several key fobs. I actually made a denim patch yesterday and waxed it cuir boilli style before inking it. I'll post pics tomorrow so you can see what I mean.