Show us your leather

aleopold

^ LC_Miey, my gf just bought me a surprise present of the no. 2 medium wallet yesterday...I should have told her about yours :P

Angelos wallets are super nice, and the going price is a massive steal!!!

^ Yeah, I guess they couldn't find a better way to translate it...

Really curious as to which tannery in France they'll getting their cordovan, and why we don't see more of this French cordovan around?

Thats true. I wish Chris could provide more info about the french cordovan.

Anyway Mike, have you ever checked out the real crocodile belt that is selling at one of the belt stalls in Vic market?

they are two layered, with the inner layer being calf skin as the seller said it protect the croc skin from wear thus the belt last longer.

while i found the finishing and stitching a bit shabby, but the croc leather itself is utterly beautiful...

^ thnx for the rep

This is an older Tanner belt bought in 2007 I believe. It got too small for me so I gave it to my brother who wears it for some time now. He's not into leather or denim at all so the belt hasn't been tanned or oiled. I like the color it has now

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Thats true. I wish Chris could provide more info about the french cordovan.

Anyway Mike, have you ever checked out the real crocodile belt that is selling at one of the belt stalls in Vic market?

they are two layered, with the inner layer being calf skin as the seller said it protect the croc skin from wear thus the belt last longer.

while i found the finishing and stitching a bit shabby, but the croc leather itself is utterly beautiful...

Yeah I have!

I was there to check out their Australian made, wattle-tanned natural skirting straps.

Agree that the craftsmanship is a bit rough...

But yeah, Aussie salt-water croc is the best croc in the world :)

I can't remember how much he was charging for a croc belt...

Australian croc at a good price - now there's a great idea for a group buy!:)

Yeah mate - salt water croc is one of the most expensive leathers in the world!

But the big fashion houses buy up most of the skin, and not much goes to small scale productions or craftsmen.

I'll see if I can find out how much it costs over the weekend - not that I need more belts though :-|

I'll try and macro it for you... but I'll have to use my less decent camera so no idea how it will turn out.

Cheers~

Not enough macros in this thread.

I hope you didn't pay full price for it

???

got this longtime ago from my trip to yogjakarta it pretty ethnic. i bet u guys never see this before. its local leather hand craft. it had stone originate from borneo in the middle of it. which is very cool, i guess.

LeatherWallet003.jpg?t=1294331016

LeatherWallet002.jpg?t=1294331016

LeatherWallet001.jpg?t=1294331418

LeatherWallet004.jpg?t=1294331136

the stone from borneo...

btw, i think this is my first post... so, yey... hi everyone :)