Sneakers That Look Better With Age...

HUNCHBAK

Hey, the Wingtips, Redwings, Tricker's... -Just Boots and Shoes in general get a lot of love around these parts, but I'm still a Sneakers kind of Guy... Granted, a pair of sneakers don't last too long.. It's not like you can easily replace the soles like a good pair of boots, it's more about the comfort, the ease of rocking them with whatever, just everyday wear, like your favorite denim.

So lets see what you got. Do you chuck them as soon as they start leaning? -Are they so bad that everyone can see what colored socks you're wearing? Do they have Denim stains -Or, do you like them clean?

Oh, NO SHOES/BOOTS ALLOWED!!

vans.. ill go w/ them all day.. not only do they look better with the more wear- we say it reflects how much work you put in on the streets (which could mean anything, really.. from skateboarding, riding, or just walking around, being out).. i know theyre popular.. but a beat up pair is not and never will be played out..

more so w/ canvas or hemp pair.. leather/suede shoes crease and crumple up and just look dumb after awhile.. pretty much any pair ive had atleast..

my mini pinscher just bit off the back top part of my brand new pair of lows.. love it, she did the work for me..

*agree w/ brown.. they dont "evolve".. they just wear down.. but gimmie a pair of van lows.. ill wear the same pair for a whole year, if they dont fall apart of me..*

Edited by jus schilling

sorry, but shoes made of rubber, plastic, nylon, canvass, etc get old & used__ they don't evolve.

... hence, they don't get better with age, imo.

You have you're opinion, but you're "trying" to tell me that a pair of Chucks or Vans don't get/look better with age? -Sorry, but I disagree.

But hey, again that's your opinion. Sneakers and denim have been a staple casual hook-up for a while now. I just want to acknowledge that. You want to contribute, go ahead. You don't, but want to debate why, I'm not here for that.

And who mentioned anything about Evolving??? What does that have to do with this Post?

Edited by HUNCHBAK

those sneakers look like true religion jeans...

"...look better with AGE".... nevermind.

Exactly. Age and Evolve have 2 different meanings. Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about.. Again, if you wish to contribute to the POST about "SNEAKERS", then please, do so. If you're here just to try and act "Smart", Go That Way...

brownmetallic, you're ignorant and posters like you are why quality posters have left superdenim in droves.

actually, it's purblinded, know-it-all, hate-mongering, belligerent, e-rager like you that makes forums like this toxic & hostile.

why do you even give a flying fcuk what i think. if ever there's an issue, it's with between me & the op.

i dint even neg him__ you did.

get a life, xchen!!!.

Edited by BrownMetallic

I think brownmetallic is one of the more informed and interesting posters on here and has an array of denim that backs up many of his comments with concrete examples.

How you can use him as an example of other posters deserting this forum is absurd. I do find his creative usage of fonts somewhat challenging though!

I suggest you consider editing your post once you're thinking straight.

I don't particularly like this thread but it's perfectly valid in my opinion. I will, however, draw the line when "flip flops that look better with age" makes an appearance...

I've got 100+ pairs of sneakers and fight like hell to keep them looking box fresh. I suppose Chucks might look better worn in, but I've got no love for a pair of white lows that look like they've gone a few rounds with a dog in a mud puddle.

Zwer, I can totally understand that you don't want them looking knackered and with 100+ pairs that shouldn't be too difficult as I'd be surprised if some actually leave the box!

You're not a centipede are you?

tnx maynard_ not that i needed any sort of validation from any1 here. as for my comment to the op, i'd like to believe we're all free thinkers here expressing individual opinions. i mean, can't we just agree to disagree w/o the snarks & rudeness?

... oh, & apologies for the ever-changing fonts, underscores, brackets, slashes, etc., that might be unnervingly distracting for some. a habit/form of expression i picked up on the net.... all [these] options_ 'cept for the upper case, ie.

Edited by BrownMetallic