Bookbags

vladimir

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoes for teenagers. Extremely tacky, especially the majority of the skateboarding ones. Not classic what so ever. The Jordan I (the original dunk) is the only dunk I would wear.

And just because you are a student does not mean you have to dress like Bond to be classic. You can do it casually. See everything Ralph Lauren has ever done for reference.

Ralph Lauren does have a classic style, but every person alive has a RL polo and probably some khakis. Frankly their sizing is based on that too, so people with bodys that dont exactly fit in the norm (6'3, 160lbs ) generally will not look good in RL clothes.

i dont think this argument is going anywhere... especially in a bookbag topic

ps i like the bag you posted

That beige/brown duffle bag above (Hermes-style?) is nice but a bit much. I could see myself throwing that into the back of my Aston Martin and driving off on a weekend trip... when I'm like 40. It is a nice bag though.

I like Yoshida Porter stuff too but whenever I see it I think of the typical contracted-worker young-mid twenties salaryman in Tokyo riding the train, with a slightly too wild haircut for his job, grey suit, white shirt, and a plain mini-dot tie, plus slightly clunky black leather shoes.

When I was in college I mainly used a natural tan canvas+brown leather trimmed Prada messenger bag, looked kind of Jack Spade-ish now that I think about it. It didn't look Prada at all, I don't even know what season it is from because I bought it at a lil store.

Ralph Lauren does have a classic style, but every person alive has a RL polo and probably some khakis. Frankly their sizing is based on that too, so people with bodys that dont exactly fit in the norm (6'3, 160lbs ) generally will not look good in RL clothes.

i dont think this argument is going anywhere... especially in a bookbag topic

ps i like the bag you posted

Ok, last comment, when I mean RL i don't mena his polos and his seperate pieces. I mean the aestetic and the lifestyle the he captures and project, not the greeks with popped polos.

And dismalfututre mentioned the exact type of thing I was talking about with his prada bag. Club Monaco has some very nice canvas and leather ones. I perosnally use a black canvas and leather givenchy bag like that.

And the hermes bag in the back of the aston martin, is how i live my life (granted I dont rool with hermes in an AM). I always try and subscribe to a certain schema and dress to that way... anyways I am way of topic.

more bags here: http://men.style.com/fashion/buy_now/canvas_bags

Here's that Prada bag I mentioned earlier. I bought it like 3-4 years ago and I knew it wasn't current season then because that was around the time Prada did that really ethnic/silver motif. I bought this because I wanted a nicer bag to carry to my office job that I had at the time and sometimes to school too, and I had a hard time back then finding something between the $1000-2000 LV briefcases that belong more with the guys being handcuffed by the SEC, and the Gregory/Marmot or Porter types, and was still nice.

bag.jpg

I happened upon this bag. I'm not sure about it though; it seems to be marketed to women, but it also seems to be gender-neutral (althought I'm less and less convinced), you decide:

Edit: After a night's rest, I retract this suggestion; This bag is purely feminine. Sorry

55125_bxlrg.jpg

banana2034441nm3.jpg

Past 3+ years I've used this Banana Republic Nylon messenger bag. Fits 3 - 4 books or so, or a laptop + 2 books of average size. It took a beating during an New England winter and the only casualty was one of the plastic clips on the inside.

Someone stole it out of my car right after summer break started though :|

I have this very bag, one of the nicest bags I've ever used, super durable and extremely utilitarian(sp).

thanks minya the duma laptop bag rocks....much cooler than brooklyn industries shit. do you have any chrome bags by chance? if so how is the quality?

I currently have one, but I have owned several in the past. They are magnificent bags, made in the USA. They have a really cool warehouse store in San Francisco. Highly recommended.

I use a Supreme 15th Backpack and it has served me well since I got it when it came out.

It's raining hard as hell here in NYC the past few days and its repelling the water.

about that porter bag up there....i've been eyeing that bag for a while. too bad its like $508 plus tax here in the NYC HP Store. Gotta save up my money.

I use a Supreme 15th Backpack and it has served me well since I got it when it came out.

It's raining hard as hell here in NYC the past few days and its repelling the water.

about that porter bag up there....i've been eyeing that bag for a while. too bad its like $508 plus tax here in the NYC HP Store. Gotta save up my money.

yeah, its like 400 new in tokyo...its as big as a smaller pack to go backpacking in...

How much did you pay for this, if you don't mind sharing with us...

It's been so long that I don't remember exactly, but I guess it was something like $600-700, though I bought it in Seoul at a time when the exchange rate favored the dollar very well, and I bought it at a small independent boutique that had various brands, mainly women's purses. This was about the only male-suitable item in the shop; there's lots of these shops around where I live. I don't know what this item would go for anywhere else but I'm guessing much cheaper, though I've never seen anything else quite like it, nothing from the same line or anything.

sounds like exactly like me, thats my problem. If you want to call it a problem, however instead of eating chicken wings on weekends I am dinning/drink at fine resturaunts/lounges and flirting with bombshell 25 year olds (im 18).

any style tips for staying yong and hip, yet still sophisitcated/50 year old mogul in the hamptons?

I use supreme 19th for my daily uni stuff ive hammered it this year and it still looks pretty new i wont hear a bad word bout that pack at all.I just got a portorxtenderlion pack which in highnsight im not to sure about now just dosent quite sit right off my back if that makes sense.also for days when im just relaxin or to get papers etc i got a cdg shoulder bag which I love.

I've sworn by my Boblbee People's Burden (now Megalopolis) for the last six years.

i have that bag

it really is a neckbreaker

people around me don't really appreciate its looks though

The 15th is alright, nothing special, the padding on the straps is rather thin and the laptop compartment, well would you even class it as a laptop compartment?

I've owned the 8th edition, 10th and 15th, currently own the 20th edition duffle bag for overnight stays and weekends away. They're okay bags, nothing special, it's all about the hype :(

well looking at it now yes its nothing special. But back then it was pretty cool to me. Haven't seen another bag that's out there with the Swiss camo...maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Well the laptap compartment probably wont be good for huge laptops, its thin but it keeps it close to my back so i guess its protected. I have a laptop but I keep it at home. Lemme try sticking it in and see how it is.

Don't really know how much hype there was for Preme backpacks back then.

But!! If anyone has a 14th Raindrop lemme know!