Bookbags

vladimir

sounds like exactly like me, thats my problem. If you want to call it a problem, however instead of eating chicken wings on weekends I am dinning/drink at fine resturaunts/lounges and flirting with bombshell 25 year olds (im 18).

any style tips for staying yong and hip, yet still sophisitcated/50 year old mogul in the hamptons?

inherit old wealth?

hang out with kids like this?

img0182editedlarge4yr.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like exactly like me, thats my problem. If you want to call it a problem, however instead of eating chicken wings on weekends I am dinning/drink at fine resturaunts/lounges and flirting with bombshell 25 year olds (im 18).

any style tips for staying yong and hip, yet still sophisitcated/50 year old mogul in the hamptons?

haha

you should only have that kind of lifestyle once you've earned it ;)

I'm looking at picking up a head porter , this one for specifics:

http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/cb/10/70_1.JPG

Wondering if anyone has some more information on it? Size, material, general quality?

Thanks

cool, what shoes?

You should check styleforum.net they're more to your tastes... a mix of all ages and a love for bespoke suits... even the street-wear forum over there's a bit less "hypbeast" (nike wear?... ah minya has a point)

Look for Getsmart... he has some awesome wardrobe and shoes.

OH and wasn't this pic actually from someone in Styleforum??

img0182editedlarge4yr.jpg

Anyways bak to bags... anyone have any more duffle bag reccomendations?

i've used my visvim hypatex/elk backpack for about half a year and i love it. well worth the price.

my only gripe is that my thinkpad with extended battery doesn't fit nicely into the notebook compartment- i either have to just throw it in the compartment (and not put it in the sleeve- or take the battery off to put it in the built-in sleeve. i guess iw ouldn't have a problem if i used the normal battery. also it could be a bit more compartmentalized. other than that- probably best backpack i've used thus far, and i'm pretty picky about backpacks.

he also wouldnt have a headporter bag brand new with tags for 90$. that's about the price of one of their wallets+20$. headporter is very expensive. that one bag i posted a while back is sold for a little more than $400 new, coldrice said he found a used one for $350, so $90 for a smaller bag is nowhere near realistic..

here's one thats about a similar size

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ace-web/headporter-hp2611br/

cool, what shoes?

Sorry, I missed this post. As long as you stay away from dressy/preppy models you're fine. I carry a similar style and wear white jack purcells, which go well with suits or other semi-formal outfits. Any shoe that makes it clear you're NOT trying to look like a rich trusty will do.

damn it ebay

i hate you

Alright then, I still need a second bag for books as I use my Lowe Alpine for athletics.

Any suggestions that are either ebayable and/or readily accessible for around 1 bill?

To clarify, I am looking for a backpack that can easily house a laptop.

Thanks guys

I'm surprised nobody's suggested this bag.

http://www.dpmhi.com/productdisplay.php?item=860

I carry the navy one and it's great: a sturdy nylon printed with a very subtle MHI Sikh-style camo. The contrasting lining is bright orange. It has a separate compartment for a laptop and a divider inside with tons of pockets. At first I thought there were maybe too many pockets, in fact, and that it was a little geeky for that reason, but I've managed to find uses for many of them (although there isn't one that's quite right for my slide rule). My only complaint is that some of the mesh netting inside a few of the pockets is wearing out a little, after only about two months. But for roughly a benjamin, it's still a good buy, I think. I was super-sick of messenger-style bags, esp. the ubiquitous Jack Spades carried by every wonk in town.

nice dpmhi bag!! Is this in europe of america? dollars or pounds...

You can get them in the States. I live in Seattle, and GOODS has it for $120, I think. I got mine from Factory People in Austin (I used to live down there).