Bookbags

vladimir

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

banana2034441nm3.jpg

Past 3+ years I've used this Banana Republic Nylon messenger bag. Fits 3 - 4 books or so, or a laptop + 2 books of average size. It took a beating during an New England winter and the only casualty was one of the plastic clips on the inside.

Someone stole it out of my car right after summer break started though :|

banana2034441nm3.jpg

Past 3+ years I've used this Banana Republic Nylon messenger bag. Fits 3 - 4 books or so, or a laptop + 2 books of average size. It took a beating during an New England winter and the only casualty was one of the plastic clips on the inside.

Someone stole it out of my car right after summer break started though :|

Tough luck on the bag but it looks good though. So the whole thing is nylon, no leather? Is it available online?

Tough luck on the bag but it looks good though. So the whole thing is nylon, no leather? Is it available online?

Yep, all nylon except the handle which was leather. There's a newer design with magnetic clips instead of the plastic ones, so I guess I wasn't the only person who had the clips break off on them. It's on the Banana Republic site and probably in stores too for $88.

I'm probably picking up a Jack Spade leather messenger bag next semester for a change, but the inevitability of carrying my bag long distances outside (no underground tunnels in New England, bah!) in horrible weather is shudder-inducing.

I was looking on ebay and various websites after you posted. Isint this pack rather big even though it is the medium sized pack? how does yours wear on you? Does it jut out a lot. I'm not a big fellow so i do not want a pack overpowering me making me look stupid like im back in the 5th grade. thanks

No, it's really not big. That was one of my concerns before I bought it as well, but it's a perfect size. It's not too tall, and doesn't bulge out much (unless you pack it to the brim).

Guest Airjamie

Thinking of picking up one of these from little brother in NZ.

Correspondent-Bag.jpg

I assume the prices on the site are in NZ dollars, anyone know for sure? Hap?

Sigh. Shit's so much cooler in the land of the rising sun. TNF and Eastpak actually put out hip designs.

the entire country is made up of hypebeasts (my parents and grandparents included)

i was thinking about picking up this in black.

Product_2067.JPG

only like $20 something from army surplus.

of course i would rather have a headporter but i can't spend 300 bucks on a bag.

DO U FIND THOSE OFF EBAY OR SOMETHING, THOSE ARE REAL NICE

Thanks eastcoast... I'm thinking of getting that and a swanky leather duffle bag (anyone got tips?). I'm off of the messenger bag deal.

DO U FIND THOSE OFF EBAY OR SOMETHING, THOSE ARE REAL NICE

I think I saw something similar to this on AMAZON of all places...

sells for 25 bucks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AB3R68/ref=wl_itt_dp/002-9671205-3702457?%5Fencoding=UTF8&colid=12GOY8TKNWOG1&coliid=I3HHJ47VA21Z9D&v=glance&n=1036592

My ex-girlfriend used to sport this for her bookbag in college, a big grey Hermés Herliner. She was Japanese and these were huge in Japan at the time, as a unisex bag. I don't think big American college texts would jive well with this bag, but if you've ever seen Japanese college books, you could see how a bag like this works well. Obviously part of the appeal of them in Japan were that they are an $800 nylon tote bag, but still, they look cool and utilitarian.

img10431042170.jpeg

I ended up buying a different version of the same bag in brown to use as a schoolbag for myself, I like it because they're light and fairly durable as far as these kinda bags go.

messenger bags are for metrosexuals and the urban outfitters crowd. Oh, and messengers. Depending on your style get a good backpack (Supreme, Arcteryx, whatever) or a leather breifcase.

Totes are another option. I might start to carry around my books in a simple black or creme small duffel style bag.

i dont see how a tote is more masculine than a messenger bag... especially one coming from a military surplus site.

for me.. although im not a messenger, i need a bag that i can wear tightly on my road bike to school. a tote does not work for this, so that leaves me with either a backpack or a messenger bag. and 33$ shipped (1st army) for that one above seems like a pretty good deal

A tote may not be more masculine, but I think its is a much more classic choice. The only guys i ever see with messenger bags are cheesey guys anyways with graphc ts balzers and faux hawks. A well dressed man with a classic bag is much more masculine than a guy in distressed jeans, limited edition nikes, a camo messenger back and some other trendy crap, or maybe that kid who post himself in a tie and a sleveless shirt.

Also perhaps totebag was the wrong word. I am suggesting something like this

buyNow06h.jpg