Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

talking about collections, I just got my 6th pair of Red wings.

Feels like I should branch out!

Which boots do you feel are "must haves"?

like:

Redwing - 875 and..

Alden - Indy and..

You should have somebody make you a pair of boots. Whether Whites or Russell or somebody else who takes two tracings and a pile of measurements and makes you a pair of boots just the way you want them. The leather you want, the soles you want, everything. Lots of options out there.

It's a process, it takes a loooonnnggg time and you get a damn nice pair of boots that really fit when you're done.

Which boots do you feel are "must haves"?

quote]

I'll return you the question...this is my boot collection...

Left right: Blundstone 500, Red Wing 3140, Red Wing 875, Red Wing 1911

s7000221zn6.jpg

Which boots do you think I need....

I'd love a pair of :

Alden 405, Alden cordovan high boots ( Thanks sufu)

Trickers Stow

Grenson Ikley

RM Williams Craftman Yearling

etc...

When I get older loosing my hair....

Damn Dave

the 1911 are looking really sexy!

and cultizm still has my size I think.

Skalogre, good call. I do have some Red wing chelseas though, and another pair in somewhat the same rugged style might not be on my top list, but your right, they seem great.

Damn Dave

the 1911 are looking really sexy!

and cultizm still has my size I think.

Skalogre, good call. I do have some Red wing chelseas though, and another pair in somewhat the same rugged style might not be on my top list, but your right, they seem great.

Then maybe a Jodphur like the RMW Stockman? :D

Are Lone Wolfs available in the US? What i´ve seen looks really nice, but i guess they don´t really come in us 12...

Chucks Vintage in LA is considering carrying the Lone Wolf boots, but there are minimum order requirements. If we all go together and agreed on which style we wanted, we might able to convince Madeline to buy a size run, if we do preorders or something like that. It could even be the makings of a boot contest. . . .My first thoughts are the carpenter boot with the crepe sole, as they show individual wear really well. . . .

Anybody interested?

Bill

Any idea what price the boots might end up with? Im interested, but sizing and price (as I have to have them shipped to sweden aswell) are issues..

My favourite of those ive seen is probably the caw paw mechanic boots, but they might be a bit "boring" compared to some of the other models.

ok, here´s my red wing "collection". Of course not as interesting as some peoples, but quite nice non the less imo.

left to right, top row:

595 chukkas (too small, got to sell them :(), 957, 2917 chelseas, 875

bottom row:

1945 clapton classics, 2901

boots001.jpg

some close ups:

boots004.jpg

boots005.jpg

boots003.jpg

boots006.jpg (for Dave)

thanks Dave!

Im thinking about possibly resoling the 2901, since the Vibram sole is a bit intense for me... would be cool with a sole such as the 2917. Ive seen them with a crepe sole aswell which was cool.

Any ideas? The vibram sole will be great for winter though...

Nice Red Wing collection. I'm thinking of getting a pair of 875's after I saw a documentary of two finnish brothers. One of them living in minnesota/michigan (don't remember right now...) and he used to work as a logger (50's and later). It was very moving and the brother from US was wearing a pair of 875's all the time... :)

Surprisingly (since it is Kevin Bacon) I actually think that those aren't the 875s, but rather Visvim's 7Hole boot (essentially a copy of the 875). The white tag on the tongue and white stitching supports this theory.

4t7nla1.jpg

I think you're correct. Thanks! I thought it was the RW 875. Heheheh.

78382513.jpg

I need I.D. on the shoes please.

Those boots look like crap with his outfit.

Thanks!

I got the 2901s from ebay, they seem to pop up.

How does the 2143 look? I couldnt find any pics. I would really like a pair of 8130s aswell..

hey bobo

nice collection!!

i only have the 8130 and 2143

where did you get that 2901??

i thought is not available in the us

i posted my 2143 on page 101 of this thread

..i look on ebay all the time for the 595 but then decide to get the trickers

from time to time, there are some european version RW showing on ebay and many of those are factory second but i think it is a great deal because the price is like half off, and i dont care about that minor scratch either...

i am looking for a dress shoe to go with a suit for interview

this is the style i like but in black....any recommendation?

my budget is no more than $180

allen edmonds....find this on ebay, but they dont have black...

95_1.jpg

this is the one i LOVE....AE Westgate

allen149592_58355_jb.jpg

testoni....$300??too much for me

2ee7_1.jpg

Can anyone tell is there any shoe laces on the testoni or is the laces hidden under the opening??find that pics on ebay

fatty it sounds like you are looking for your first dress shoe. A lot of informed noobs get AE Park Avenues off ebay to start. They can be had anywhere from $50-180 depending on condition.

thanks Tarmac

i am looking at it right now and i actually have a pair of polo dress shoe, but it is chestnut color that i dont want it to go with a black suit.

Bought that one at the polo outlet maybe 5 yrs ago for $80

i will need one by maybe august so i have plenty of time to search...

i wear size 7.5 or 8 so i guess maybe abit more difficult to find one on ebay

actually 7.5 - 8 is a great size on ebay. Every shoe is made in this size but there are plenty to be had on ebay.

I have a wedding to go to in a few months, wanted a pair of black wholecuts, got these:

brooks.jpg

Tarmac

those are really really really nice

it is exactly what i am looking for

but i would even want something more plain on the toe because my polo already has the bench made design on it.

but your is very very beautiful

did you get it on ebay? i doubt it