Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Gentleman, I need your help...

I have some Red Wings Style 8133 ( see link: http://www.redwings.de/pages/shoes2005/large/newpages/8133.html)

Now the sole is worn out and I want to replace it. As I would like to get rid of the supersole thats on the shoes. I asked my cobbler in Berlin for an Vibram 700, but he never heard of it before...we even checked the importers website and catalogue....nothing. Obviously it is only made for Northamerica by Vibram...

Does anybody of you has an idea how to get one of those, without paying ++++ Euros for the import of the 700 or 705 to Germany. Or would you rather put an Commando style Vibram on the botts, they are readily available here....

thanks in advance...

I have some Red Wings Style 8133 ( see link: http://www.redwings.de/pages/shoes2005/large/newpages/8133.html)

Now the sole is worn out and I want to replace it. As I would like to get rid of the supersole thats on the shoes. I asked my cobbler in Berlin for an Vibram 700, but he never heard of it before...we even checked the importers website and catalogue....nothing. Obviously it is only made for Northamerica by Vibram...

Does anybody of you has an idea how to get one of those, without paying ++++ Euros for the import of the 700 or 705 to Germany. Or would you rather put an Commando style Vibram on the botts, they are readily available here....

thanks in advance...

I know this is heresy to a lot of people on here;), but I'm really not that bothered about the brand of sole. Some have nice pictures/writing on them (like Cat's Paw or Dainite), and of course if you;re into it there;s the historical background of each type, but personally i'd say if you can find a sole you like from a local manufacturer then use that. If you think about it, there;s nothing more authentic than the fact that as the shoe has been round the worl, and as it's aged it's been worked on by different people:)

but to answer your other question, no I dont; know where you can get that sole...

I know this is heresy to a lot of people on here;), but I'm really not that bothered about the brand of sole. Some have nice pictures/writing on them (like Cat's Paw or Dainite), and of course if you;re into it there;s the historical background of each type, but personally i'd say if you can find a sole you like from a local manufacturer then use that. If you think about it, there;s nothing more authentic than the fact that as the shoe has been round the worl, and as it's aged it's been worked on by different people:)

but to answer your other question, no I dont; know where you can get that sole...

I'm not bothered either, but unfortunately I like the style of the 700/705 from Vibram. Vibram is an Italian Company, I don't understand why they don't sell the sole to Europe. I would use any sole which looks the same and will be as durable as a Vibram, but after searching for a while now, no luck with this...

He mentioned once that he's had several problems with fraud through paypal/ebay when shipping to Europe.

I'm assuming that this only counts for his Ebay auctions and not for store orders?

Else i'm fearing that i won't be able to get my hands on a pair of the Sufu x Alden's.

Another one of his auctions, these obviously haven't been treed...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n115/leathersoul/mi1.jpg

reminds me..i put in an order for those suede indys when he reordered but i never heard from him.....

hope it'll not go down like that with my ultimate indies...

bumping my question up once more:

I have some Red Wings Style 8133 ( see link: http://www.redwings.de/pages/shoes20...ages/8133.html)

thanks in advance...

did anybody buy shoes at this place?

http://www.chukai.ne.jp/~motos/leather&silver/index2.html

damn, these are sick! :eek:

monkey01.jpg

currently trying to get a secret agent on MOTOs trail!

Please keep us posted if your P.I. finds anything usefull ;)

There are some models on the site that have my liking, i do have a feeling these are gonna be m*****f****** expensive though.

Please keep us posted if your P.I. finds anything usefull ;)

There are some models on the site that have my liking, i do have a feeling these are gonna be m*****f****** expensive though.

shoes are usually 45.000 to 60.000 yen.

i will try to find out whatever I can ...