Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Akilae:

what happen to your alden just remind me of edmond's alden. Seems like the more recenltly (2007/08) made alden has more flaw.

Rodeo:

Really love the alden...one day i will buy me a pair.

Ichiran:

get your alden back yet?

What happened to edmond's alden? I know a few people over at indygear who had 405s with bad leather, tongues falling apart, etc...

akilae

well, you can see his about 20 or 15 page back, not sure tho...anyway...

his situation i think is loosen stitches, nothing major compare to your situation?? i really forgot...anyway, you should be able to find out if you search back a little. Yea..it seems like the recent one not as durable.

edit: page 444 akilae

akilae

well, you can see his about 20 or 15 page back, not sure tho...anyway...

his situation i think is loosen stitches, nothing major compare to your situation?? i really forgot...anyway, you should be able to find out if you search back a little. Yea..it seems like the recent one not as durable.

edit: page 444 akilae

Ah, I was just staring at those and wondering if there was something more serious about his Aldens.

Hmm.. maybe I should take the opportunity to have the Alden factory give me a pair of 405s that fit better.

Looking good, rodeo bill -- would you mind describing what you used to clean/polish them?

thanks Iciran! nothing special- I just brush them down with a clean duster, then put a bit of polish on with another duster (alden cordovan polish, or kiwi for calf leather), leave it for a few minutes, then give them a good brush and finally polish them with a clean duster again. easy :)

2953508043_f870ccf63e.jpg?v=0

i'ma gonna masturbate in your aldens, rodeo bill. fapfapfap....

...............err thanks?:D

those are beauts ?uestionmark! Calf or cordovan? I can;t really tell from the pictures...

Even if you just did a light clean out of laziness (know what you;re saying!) I think it really suits these boots not to be too shiny and fresh. nice work! what kind of apples by the way?

thank you...issue solved...

another question:

what is the difference between roughout and suede leather?

i first heard of roughout on this thread, and at first I assumed it meant boots for rough outdoor use:D

as far as i can see it;s just that the rough side of the skin (the suede) is outside, so it's rough-out. is that right?

Trickers just came in. Had to get two pair to save on shipping.

Stows in Acorn size UK 9E

trick05.jpg

trick04.jpg

trick02.jpg

Maltons in Gorse size UK 9E

trick06.jpg

trick01.jpg

trick03.jpg

The Maltons fit about a half size bigger than the Stows and they're the same size. Both fit very well. I'll probably wear the Maltons with thicker boot socks. I wear Aldens and Whites in 9E.

i dont even know man. i was stoned half the time and i dont even remember picking apples. but we had a good picnic though.

its black shell cordovan. Alden AF60 from Alden Carmel.

thanks.. the blog hasnt been updated in a while for the same reasons i didnt pick apples..

those are beauts ?uestionmark! Calf or cordovan? I can;t really tell from the pictures...

Even if you just did a light clean out of laziness (know what you;re saying!) I think it really suits these boots not to be too shiny and fresh. nice work! what kind of apples by the way?

Trickers just came in. Had to get two pair to save on shipping.

Stows in Acorn size UK 9E

The Maltons fit about a half size bigger than the Stows and they're the same size. Both fit very well. I'll probably wear the Maltons with thicker boot socks. I wear Aldens and Whites in 9E.

beautiful, but isnt the stow and malton the same last? and from the pics, is it true that the leather on the stow are shinier than the malton. I like the malton more....can u describe the texture of the leather on the malton please?

beautiful, but isnt the stow and malton the same last? and from the pics, is it true that the leather on the stow are shinier than the malton. I like the malton more....can u describe the texture of the leather on the malton please?

I think the Stow and the Malton are the same, just the Malton feature the Gorse calf, right?

the look are the same, i know malton has thicker leather. But if you look at the second pics and compare to the fifth pics. The stow are more reflective on the eyelet part. That makes me wonder the calf leather on stow is more smooth and the malton is more dull because is the gorse calf.

So, what exactly is "Gorse"?

If we could get a special makeup of a boot like that in Cigar, but with eyelets all the way up, and maybe on Trubalance or Barrie, I have a feeling people would be all over it. 3 years from now when enough Cigar was alotted for the order that is.

?uestionmark and I had a discussion offline and we thought that we would be interested in a plain toe plaza last cigar cordovan boot with natural edge dressing double leather soles and blind eyelets / speed hooks.

I approached Tom at LeatherSoul about doing a custom SuFu makeup. He said that would be happy help us do a custom SuFu makeup, but there are some conditions:

1) Cigar is so low in supply, he cannot guarantee a completion date.

2) He wouldn't require a deposit on sizes within 6-10D, but anything else, he would need a $100 non-refundable deposit.

3) I also assume that as with the StyleForum boot, Tom would have to approve of the design and then of course so would Alden. (There was a small scare regarding Alden's approval of the StyleForum boot.)

While ?uestionmark and I have already discussed some of this offline, we thought it would be good to open it up the discussion to the rest of the thread.

My major preference is to have speed hooks at the top of the boot. I've found that 1) one certainly can't see them once the boot is on and 2) much easier to get in and out of with the hooks.

This inspiration for a special SuFu boot came about from this post: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1305021&postcount=9303

Have a look at the pictures. It's a very nice boot.

nice one amlai

i'm a fan of the speed hooks as well but others complain that they catch onto pants or what not....it happens occasionally but i still prefer them

count me in if this happens and Tom is a great guy to work with...i've bought a few pairs off of him....