Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

got any aberdeen boot examples?

plaza last would be more democratic and it would mean a slightly larger stage on which the cigar shell can showboat (i prefer the aberdeen last but the narrower toebox may alienate some interested parties)

does anyone know the last on these for sure?

45611b.jpg

alright so far we agree on a cigar cordovan plain toe. im glad because LS does not usually do mail orders on cigar. here is our chance. turns out we don't have to fly to hawaii.

lets talk about the last. i believe plaza would compliment the cigar's qualities. cigar cordovan is extravagant. a rare commodity even. plaza has almost the same properties. it can hold it up and compliment it at the same time. any sleeker would be obnoxious and any blunter would be wrong in my opinion. besides when is the last time you saw the cigar on a plaza last? that would be a plus for LS.

thoughts?

Plaza last would be nice.... I also think that you mentioned it earlier but a natural color edge would add a nice touch as well.

got any aberdeen boot examples?

does anyone know the last on these for sure?

45611b.jpg

god, these are BEAUTIFUL! exactly my style!

any estimates on the buy-in for the sufu x alden version yet?

ordering will be done over tom?

i wanted to call him anyway on the new batch of #8 and brown ultimate indys.

will just pre-order that boot and you guys continue figuring out the details! :D

ignore this post since i am not going to be ordering but i dislike the barrie last

inelegant shape and confusing to size them right

i have suede alden chukkas on the barrie last and you are right it does give it a more rough and tumble feel but i wouldn't think you would want a cordo boot on that last-----like putting monster truck tires on a ferrari

I see where you are coming from, but I personally think the plaza is a bit chisel toed and dressy to look good with repro denim. I guess it all depends on what angle you are coming from. Don't forget a lot of old 'real' work boots were cordo.

The information I got from Tom was that for sizes 6-10D, no deposit necessary. Outside of that, it would be a $100 non-refundable deposit. And of course, there would be no guaranteed completion date. Keep in mind that the LSxSF boot took about 8 months to arrive. Cigar is likely to take much longer. Yes, ordering would be through Tom. I assume he will weigh in on the thread at some point.

Don't forget a lot of old 'real' work boots were cordo.

That I would dispute. In my research of the use of shell cordovan, they were mostly used for dress shoes and at one point army officer boots. I could not find any references to work boots made of shell cordovan.

I wear my #8 plaza last captoe boots with denim frequently. I could see how maybe the Trubalance or Barrie last would be nice for a work boot. However, I do like the idea of a Cigar shell plain toe boot on the plaza last.

The Leydon fits pretty true to size. It is a similar shape to the Barrie, but a touch less round with less room in the toe box. I wear an 8E or 8.5D in the Barrie and a 9D in the Leydon.

Cigar shell sounds good to me :)! I typically prefer a more rounded toe, but the Plaza could be nice as well.

does anybody know more about the leydon last?

here a boot with leydon last by carmel ...

AF89-6.JPG

EDIT: from carmel webpage - 'Leydon last - fits approximately like a standard US size'

looks like people are looking at the Plaza at this point, but not everyone. we can discuss this further.

but lets talk sole and welt. natural edge dressing double leather soles come to mind first. but we can at least agree on ruling out any commando rubber sole deal right?

as for the welt. i like the close heel regular welt. the 360 sticks out too far back on the heel for a formal shoe.

I'm sticking with the plaza last, natural double leather sole preferably, speedhooks: Yes!

Most here seem to agree on both the cigar shell colour and the plain toe, so i assume that's a done fact?

No commando sole at least, it would not look good with the cigar shell i think.

I think that in terms of versatility and uniform appeal, square toes and 360 welts should be avoided. I would also be fan of using any round toe last besides Barrie/Trubalance, as those two lasts, and the Plaza last as cigar boots have been available on those lasts recently.

Of course, if I had my way, it would also be a captoe.

Wow - some nice foot boxes round here.

Id like a carpe diem x trickers stow shape ( rounded bulbous toe but with a curve to the sole ) on alden colour 8 or black shell cordovan, double leather sole. I want a pauper worker dickensian scamp silhouette.....

Have been searching for more pics of C & J's new cordovan boots for a while now. Id love to see some black trickers burfords or C & J connistons from different angles once they have been beat up. ANY pics of the harlech would receive be copious rep.

I may post some pics of my Mui Mui shoes, great clumpy things. Double leather sole, awesome construction ( possibly churches as prada group bought em ?? ) Really starting to crease and curve.

Checking out the captoe boots on theshoemart.com makes the grant last look like a good option. Of course, those boots: Grant Last, Closed-Heel, Cap-toe, Eyelets, Double Leather would be ideal for me, just in cigar with natural edgetrim.