Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

does anyone have any suggestions for early 70's style workboots, comparable in style to indy's, though perhaps without a moc toe?

i know the red wings were popular then, but i'm looking for something with a shell toe

i like alot of what i've seen here, and will probably end up just buying the damn indy boots (has quickly gone from a nice afterthought to an itch that must be scratched, thanks guys)

the thing is i have about 8 good pairs of quality shoes/boots, if i just needed 1 new pair i would get the alden's, but it's almost excessive at this point.

was looking for something vintage

and cheaper (cmf, any other sugg. besides those gokey's? you usually have this angle covered)

does anyone have any suggestions for early 70's style workboots, comparable in style to indy's, though perhaps without a moc toe?

i know the red wings were popular then, but i'm looking for something with a shell toe

i like alot of what i've seen here, and will probably end up just buying the damn indy boots (has quickly gone from a nice afterthought to an itch that must be scratched, thanks guys)

the thing is i have about 8 good pairs of quality shoes/boots, if i just needed 1 new pair i would get the alden's, but it's almost excessive at this point.

and cheaper (cmf, any other sugg. besides those gokey's? you usually have this angle covered)

I dont know what shell toe means but if its the same as cap toe, how about these puppies.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=68277

Quality boot with a nice low profile sole. I dont take credit for finding these, someone on style forum posted these up a while ago. Im thinking about picking up a pair, and down the road some Indy's. I really love the color of the Indys. I have a newfound boots obsession dammit!

airfrog: How did you take care of your indys. I love how they have turned out and would like to care for mine the same way once I get some (ie what color polish, any leather conditioner or anything of that sort)

I dont know what shell toe means but if its the same as cap toe, how about these puppies.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=68277

Quality boot with a nice low profile sole. I dont take credit for finding these, someone on style forum posted these up a while ago. Im thinking about picking up a pair, and down the road some Indy's. I really love the color of the Indys. I have a newfound boots obsession dammit!

airfrog: How did you take care of your indys. I love how they have turned out and would like to care for mine the same way once I get some (ie what color polish, any leather conditioner or anything of that sort)

i work on wall street and i was just in the elevator with a guy wearing black shell cordovans. i asked him who makes them and he said, johnston and murphy. they looked a lot like DDML's shell cordos, with the cap toe. i could tell they were shell cordos because they had absolutely no wrinkling, just some smooth bumps and the leather wasn't overly shiney, but had a nice smooth color.

funny, though, he didn't know anything about shell cordovans, but on wall street, people tend to buy expensive stuff without really knowing what they're getting. he probably went into the store and looked for the most expensive shoes...

I'm hooked on these shoes... anyone know about the brand Trickers?

Hotness... looks like the leather will become awesome.

440542083r2ij7.jpg

funny, though, he didn't know anything about shell cordovans, but on wall street, people tend to buy expensive stuff without really knowing what they're getting. he probably went into the store and looked for the most expensive shoes...

Oh so American.