Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Well, i do get the nickname "shot caller" around my way. I might drop

some on the cordovan indy boots #8 .How much are they? I just emailed the guy from leathersoulofhavaii. I wanted close up pictures.

they say you should size down on plaza lasts; they measure longer than standard. However, I'm 9.5 (rarely 10) and 9.5 plaza feels perfect.

i don't know what last miz & dd's boots are built on. you should go into the SF alden store.

if money were no object, greentea, you may consider placing a custom order for black cordovan indys. heat!

whoa. black indiana jones... played by mos def. directed by... spike lee.

I actually think the whiskey Indys look better than the #8 ones. Something about the indy boot lends inself to a lighter color in my eye. Leathersoulhawaii seems to do a few special runs a year, it might be worth it to see if he has anything special on the burner, I think you save a bit if you pre-order a pair through him. He might just have them drop shiped form Alden to you at a savings. If I remember correctly.

Also keep in mind that Alden raised the prices on all their shoes recently, Cordos went up $40 a pair or something. You might be seeing a difference in price depending on whether a particular seller is using an old or a new price.

I just bought these from virtual clothes horse. I am hoping they will look better with age. I think I am getting them for about 150 bucks too, but not sure.

http://www.virtualclotheshorse.com/index.php?page=shop/flypage&product_id=210942&category_id=81083253317

I hope they fit, haha. Now if somone will just buy the nudies I have up for sale on styleforum(where my name is denimaddict)....cough....then I can actually afford these boots.

how did you get them 150??

i really want those boots man

ahhh

the beeswax leather by clarks ages awesome and is cheap. the wallabees and desert treks are a great pair to get. i prefer brown to black for boots as they age better. i really like the alden cordovan #8 cap toe boots and the indy boots are dope as well, i like the moccasin toe (as i am a huge wallabee fan).

the 875 by red wings is really sweet, the brown moccasin toe boots. i'll prob. pick up a pair of them as they are relatively cheap.

i like how you described cordovans as the shoe equivalent of raw denim. that statement alone is going to get a lot of superdenim people into cordovans.

it will prob. turn into the "Jock of the Moment" here definitely but brown leather shoes wear just as well. I expected people here to be more into nice shoes/boots as they are into higher quality jeans and the shoes/boots really set them off.

once again, the beeswax leather by clarks ages amazingly. wallabees or desert treks.

He had a deal for styleforum members last week. Could get any shoes he had for 75% off original price. Bad ass. You an 11? If they don't fit I'll let em go for what I paid.

yeah i usually fit between 11-12

that would be awesome

let me know if they don't work out for you

is this deal still going

im on styleforum but dont really check it too often

Ah, yeah no luck finding those redwings, hopefully they pop up on ebay in my size. I ended up buying a suede pair. Visvim x Mastermind just released or is releasing, i'm not sure a pair of seven holes that look almost exactly like the 8165's i posted, supposedly a tribute to redwing. So if you can afford it, you can try to go for those.

Miz, and shoe owners in general. Do you plan on having a sole? grip thing placed on the soles of your new shoes? I know it helps from wearing down the sole and also improves grip, but what are the cons of doing this? I've had Prada dress shoes that I have done this to, but always felt guilty for doing it for some reason.

Over an AAAC Tom from leathersoulhawaii just mentioned that he's in the last little bit of time with an order for a cigar shell cordovan wingtip boot. That might be a boot worth making my wife really mad at me. Just thought I'd throw that bit of info into the mix.

I got my Sutor Mantellassi boots today! I am stoked that they actually fit, although they are going to take a LONG time to break it. My first pair of really high quality shoes, so I'm not sure how to take care of em. I guess I have some reading to do. The jeans in the pics are svens.

pict0142bo5.th.jpg

pict0143zy1.th.jpg

pict0150fy6.th.jpg

pict0149nd8.th.jpg