Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

My Alden trubalance size is also half down from my SD size. One thing to note about SDs is that they will actually become a little shorter when they are broken in. I don't remember where I read this but I think it was White's or Bakers advice.

really? Didn`t know they shrink. I thought they would stretch a little with age. well good thing I went with a c width as indicated by brannock. bakers sized me to B width but either I didn`t keep my pencil straight when tracing my foot, or they measured wrong based on the wrong tracings I did.

Can anyone else confirm that their sd`s did get tighter over time?

Where can I get C&J's in the US? I'm actually in the market for a pair of snowdon's.

Is this website legit by any chance?

http://www.shoesnort...countrygolf.htm

Email the NY Store direct at [email protected] or call them at 212 582 3800. This is info straight from their catalogue. The list price for a Snowdon is $745 and shipping is $20, again according to the 2011-2012 catalogue I have.

spacer.gifNot sure if it's been mentioned but LL Bean is recreating it's Maine Hunting boot for it's 100 anniversary.

Made in Maine with untreated leather and original red soles...

http://www.llbean.co...2753?feat=2-sr0

spacer.gifspacer.gifI'd get a pair if I could actually use them here in LA...

My new William Lennon waxy tan boots should be waiting for me when i get home at the end of the week, really looking forward to seeing them. They have taken a while to arrive mind you, I ordered in October.

Edward Green Gresham, antique pine

eg1.jpg

Not my style of boot, but nice to see some edward greens in here - i want to own a pair when i'm grown up, although i'd probably head for the formal shoes, first.

My new William Lennon waxy tan boots should be waiting for me when i get home at the end of the week, really looking forward to seeing them. They have taken a while to arrive mind you, I ordered in October.

those the same as paul t's model? that's one hell of a wait, hope they're everything that you expected!

no pics of tricker's for some time, so here's my eaton and a commando-soled veldtschoen boot. love the patina on the veldt...

dsc01136d.jpg

dsc01034g.jpg

I thought that the veldtschoen boot was made on the 4436s last used by the majority of tricker's country models, but it actually seems a little more streamlined than a regular country boot from tricker's...

@kansas: just my local cobbler. alpine shoe service in calgary, ab. super old-school operation, just this older bearded guy and his wife. i've actually been thinking i would've also been happy with a vibram ripple sole on there, but that would be kind of crazy...maybe next time, when they're in their golden years.

Posted · Hidden by mikedbt5, January 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by mikedbt5, January 28, 2012 - No reason given

Havent posted in a while , some pics of my Jacksons/Sanders , wore mainly trough a so far wet winter . Nice pics Ben , hope all is good with you .

2012-01-22120544.jpg

2012-01-22120615.jpg

serious case of buyer's remorse; just picked up a pair of the black RRL engineer boots on fleabay. Does anyone know what kind of leather is used for these? horween chrome excel maybe?

those the same as paul t's model? that's one hell of a wait, hope they're everything that you expected!

I just checked my order and I placed it on the 30th of October so I guess that's about two and a half months. I haven't seen any pics on here of the model I went for, I'll post some up when I get them. Jesus I hope they fit.

Nice choice knucks, leather laces for option.

my new RW2904 lace to toe monkey boots .Worn it for 1week. will post breakin pic soon ,I found out this model are deadstock ,some one who have knowledge about RW please clarify this model.(this pic is on ebay)

KGrHqJiIE3QvDzOBOCUGSTN9Q0_3.jpg

Edited by spidereye

came in today!

black chromexcel, natural sole, half commando, block heel (lowered 1/4), antique hardware.

dislike the laces that came with them, any suggestions?

call the alden store on madison ave in NYC and ask for their flat waxed laces. those should work well.

came in today!

black chromexcel, natural sole, half commando, block heel (lowered 1/4), antique hardware.

dislike the laces that came with them, any suggestions?

damn those are sweeeeeeet! where to cop? (I miss eddy)

wouldn't mind a similar pair in brown with a captoe...

call the alden store on madison ave in NYC and ask for their flat waxed laces. those should work well.

do they ship to Belgium?

I really hate the laces that came with my ultimate indies.... want something more like the 1911 beckman laces

Nice choice knucks, leather laces for option.

my new RW2904 lace to toe monkey boots .Worn it for 1week. will post breakin pic soon ,I found out this model are deadstock ,some one who have knowledge about RW please clarify this model.(this pic is on ebay)

I have a pair just like it in the 'standard' 875 leather, ordered them from Japan years ago.

don't think they are still being made in that color, used to be Japan only...

don't know much about this color u got though

Edited by Tiro