Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

After buying clothes from your shop you have to travel like a hobo? I do not know if this is the image your shop wants to portray is it? ;)

Boots look great, I just can not get myself to completely let boots go like that. Looks like they have not been cared for at all or worn even harder than I wear my work boots doing asphalt paving.

After buying clothes from your shop you have to travel like a hobo? I do not know if this is the image your shop wants to portray is it? ;)

Boots look great, I just can not get myself to completely let boots go like that. Looks like they have not been cared for at all or worn even harder than I wear my work boots doing asphalt paving.

Worn everyday on tour for about six months.... no nothin put on them ever. We gave them a good Pecards-ing when they came in for the resole, thats about it

hey bill those are some awesome shoes..

as long as with stronghold i can go hobo..well again as long i can wear their whites and jeans..

nice bill!

like, super in a superglue kind of way?

It was confusing to me because even on the Red Wing site itself, it'll refer to it as "SuperSole welt construction for durability" -- so I'm not sure how boots with this sole are constructed. Even on Goodyear welted RWs like an 875, the Vibram is just glued to the midsole, I believe. With the SuperSole, I don't see stitching, but I'm not really sure what's going on there.

^^ just like my 2143, there is no stitching on it. I ask the redwing guy one time is it resoleable and he told me that the redwing factory use a special glue and they heat the glue up and glue em together which would be more durable then regular glue the cobbler use...believe it or not, is what he said.

jh7hp5.jpg

crownzip, 60 years? ...looks very new to me, how many year did you actually worn em?

^ thanks for the pics crownzip, but why are there two cracks in the front? Imagine those with the cat paws heel...

thanks for the info, ichiran

i like j.crew clothing alot, but not on the redwing, especially i believe it is more expensive than the regular 877 that is not collab.

and with the size only medium, rather than providing C or D width...is a no no. Also, i have been deeply poison by sufu especially this thread that i no longer in love with redwing as i used to be. Is nice looking at other people redwings, but I am more interested in trickers or whites or alden nowadays...

I don't like ankle boots as much as boots I consider a "normal height", so it's always nice to see new Red Wings that are a couple inches taller. If they didn't have the moc toe I would buy them right now. I might still have to pick up a pair if I can check them out in person.

I like the jcrew redwing irish setters. They say it has vintage-style tags and labels on it. I'm thinking of buying a pair to check it out.

vintage style tags and labels...does it means the red wing word on the side rather than the redwing's "wings" logo nowadays?

I like the way the boot looks as well, but it goes counter to how I care for my boots as well... I'd be much more likely to go for the mirror shine.

However, I think that you could achieve that look without damaging the boot and up to reasonable standards of care by just using neutral polish. Using neutral polish exclusively would allow the the boot to bleach out, but also prevent it from drying out. Of course, applying some Pecards from time to time as Bill has done would help as well.

My almost sixty year old combat boots are still going strong. Nobody makes em like this anymore!

boot-1.jpg

Very cool! I've been thinking now and then of getting these Corcorans. Still in production, and same company and similar construction to what I hear they made during WWII. I have the black ones, but want the brown:

19252L.jpg

^^ just like my 2143, there is no stitching on it. I ask the redwing guy one time is it resoleable and he told me that the redwing factory use a special glue and they heat the glue up and glue em together which would be more durable then regular glue the cobbler use...believe it or not, is what he said.

That's a very long phrase to basically say, no!

Hi Greg,

The current Corcoran's do look pretty good. Not sure what year these were made but they're starting to look pretty good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260266810722&ih=016&category=156437&_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DK%252BD%26otn%3D3%26ps%3D5

Very nice! The seller says "WWII" but as we know, without a date and some evidence, it's just a genre. Liking the leather midsole!

Here's another pair that look like they've been worn very little.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-US-Army-Paratrooper-Brown-Corcoran-Jump-Boots-11D_W0QQitemZ230273559904QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230273559904

Wouldn't it be awesome if Corcoran still made them with the same quality leather and materials as they did in the 40's? I know original Corcoran boots go for silly money.

Sorry i don't have any photos of me wearing combat boots with denim but they do look great with a pair of wartime Lee, LVC repros or other workwear dungarees.

Here's another pair that look like they've been worn very little.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-US-Army-Paratrooper-Brown-Corcoran-Jump-Boots-11D_W0QQitemZ230273559904QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230273559904

Wouldn't it be awesome if Corcoran still made them with the same quality leather and materials as they did in the 40's? I know original Corcoran boots go for silly money.

Sorry i don't have any photos of me wearing combat boots with denim but they do look great with a pair of wartime Lee, LVC repros or other workwear dungarees.

you can get them new for 99.00 at most army surplus type places...

vintage style tags and labels...does it means the red wing word on the side rather than the redwing's "wings" logo nowadays?

Yeah, I believe redwing and irish setter make a moc-toe high boot very similar looking to this. And the 100th anniversary boots that were released a few years back had a similar model as well (don't know exact style #'s at the moment).

But it looks as if Jcrew had Red Wing make their unique version of this boot with the older style words "redwing" on the boot rather than the winged-logo found on the newer variations.

And the 100th anniversary boots that were released a few years back had a similar model as well (don't know exact style #'s at the moment).

nothing new here, but might as well post up my red wings again, because I think they're the model you're referencing. they're the 100 year centennial edition, 1906 model. had them for about 9 months now, but wore them mostly in the fall/winter/early spring.

redwings001Small-1.jpg