Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

thank you fre$co

try again

Hi there,

wanted to share my collection of Red Wings,

from left to right 2268, 9027, 877, 8131, 1909 (limited anniversary edition), 9124

2178.jpg

Damn, I love the color and style on the 1909's. The detail shots are even better. What price range would those normally run both new and used?

Could I be referred to any good online stores to browse boots? Also, feel free to throw a few names around to get this rant like search kicked off.

-JF

Red winger those 1909 are very nice indeed. Seeing those pictures make my credit card nervous.....

Re: waxing.

I normally oil my 875s, but all I have is liquid neatsfoot oil which can't really be used to get any sort of shine. It's a very matte finish. I wanted to use some kiwi wax polish over that to give them a bit of a sheen, but I wondered if it will go on ok on the oily leather. If you chaps say it'll be ok I will have a go of it tonight.

Thanks chaps +rep all around.

eddie eddie eddie....

You are getting a little confused here.

The 1911 are the round toed black cherry

The 1910 are the mocc toed black cherry (yours)

The 1909 are the round toed dark brown (as pictured above)

The 1908 are the mocc toed dark brown

I dont have any but I want some round toed, probably 1911 as it seems the 1909 is noot so easy to come by. Cultizm have 1911.

hi coleslaw... how much are those? hows the sizing? wow fantastic boots!!! what leather??

Thanks. They are about 300$ from the Wesco web site. I'll say the sizing is true to size. They are quite comfortable at first, but they really need a lot of time breaking in due to to extreme stiffness of the thick ass leather. Leather is oiled, tanned full grain.

Wesco are fucking hardcore. I looked into those a little while ago but they are too heavy duty for me.

Word, they are really heavy, but I think that worn over time, they can be quite comfortable. I hear people say this about Red Wings too, though I never owned a pair.

Red Winger- Those 1909s are looking great, hope my 1911s wear that well. How long have you been wearing them?

Coleslawyum- Wow, the Wescos are pretty hardcore. Are they actually comfortable for casual wear? They seem like they would be pretty stiff and heavy. Redwings aren't light by any means but the must seem like slippers compared to those.

Coleslawyum- Wow, the Wescos are pretty hardcore. Are they actually comfortable for casual wear? They seem like they would be pretty stiff and heavy. Redwings aren't light by any means but the must seem like slippers compared to those.

They are stiff but there's definitely a following out there that wear it for casual purposes. I think partytaco has a pair that looks pretty worn in. Here is the link:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=332630

There's also a lot of Japanese sites that showcase Wesco's.

one more q guys.. i wear a size 9d on rw 1910's what size alden corodvan wingtip boots should i get? thanks!!

if it's a trubalance last i would go down 1/2 size on your alden's.

They are stiff but there's definitely a following out there that wear it for casual purposes. I think partytaco has a pair that looks pretty worn in. Here is the link:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=332630

There's also a lot of Japanese sites that showcase Wesco's.

I've seen a lot in my construction worker days. They are pretty popular with concrete workers, it seems, as well as loggers (obviously). I know they are awesome boots, but much more than I would ever need.

Oh and Edmond- Where did you pick up those 8815s? I didn't know redwing made that style.

the new marc jacobs authentic vans, the white ones with the rubber toe. I can guarentee those things will look amazing after a year.

Same with the all white Jack Purcells. My dad has a pair that he has had ever since i can remember and they look awesome

Red Winger- Those 1909s are looking great, hope my 1911s wear that well. How long have you been wearing them?

Hi Torn

I have been wearing them for 2 years, about every second day, mostly with raw denim, they took some of the colour of the jeans as well and yes yours will look just as nice.