Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I got them from sherman brothers. $300 shipped with no tax. It's about the best price I could find on the internet. I get them wednesday.

I have a passion for boots and own over 40 pairs. Here are the pairs that are in my current rotation:

Harleys.

harleys1wk8.jpg

L.L. Bean Wellingtons (circa 1983)

llbeanwj1.jpg

Acne

acnenv8.jpg

Frye Disstresed Engineer

fryezb6.jpg

A.P.C. Black Cowboy

apcblackzl9.jpg

A.P.C Suede Cowboy (to lazy to take them off)

apcbrownji4.jpg

Barney's CO-OP Laceups

butterohz2.jpg

I'll dig some more out of the closet and post them later.

I'm jealous of a lot of the boots you guys have posted. Impeccable taste.

I just got my 405's tonight. It's late so I only tried them on. Wow, they felt fantastic right out of the tiny box they stuffed them in.

I did notice one, what I'd call a flaw in the stitching around the toe area on the actual sole of the shoe. Looks like they missed one of the holes to me. Would that make them a factory 2nd or should I just let it go and enjoy them?

i tried on some red wings 875. they felt so comfortable. i already got alden indys,but i feel like pickin those up. just two totally different worlds.

i love my 875 and 877's, got them super cheap new on ebay, $70 a pair BIN shipped! you can get them for like $120 now, still about 1/2 retail.

my samurai's are bleeding onto the leather and it is giving it a super cool darkened color in the areas where my jeans stack up against the boot.

i highly recommend coping a pair. go to the store, get your size and then hit ebay. make sure to check to see if it is a 'second quality' or whatever pair, mine were first quality. for the price difference might be worth picking up factory seconds, sometimes they just have minor flaws.

alden_405_wide.jpg

Here's my new 405's. I really, really like them. They actually fit perfect right out of the box.

maybe I'm a bit picky but this is the close up of the missed stitch on the left toe. I called Alden and they said to just sent them back and they'll fix them or give me a new pair!

But I don't want to give them up. I finally got them....

alden_405_toe_cu.jpg

Happy Hooligan

nice nice alden...

there are flaw to my redwing and danner (both first quality, not second) when i purchase it online....but i dont want to waste time to return it or so....anyway....

dont worry about the missed stitch...

that just make it unique and if someone stole your shoe,

you can prove to the cops that there are missed stitch on the left toe:)

i am sure they will turn out nicely overtime....

my thrift store has been coming through insanely lately. Last month a $7 pair of cordovan wingtips. now 3 pair of 100% deadstock pre 1980s florsheims

florsheimhaul.JPG

I'm going to Africa in the fall, so I'm looking for a stylish boot/hiking shoe type thing, that's at least semi stylish, not tooo expensive and will look good with age as well as look good outside of Africa

I've looked through every page of this thread and nothing really stood out for me..

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it ..

My Russell Moc Imperials have finally arrived. Now I can stop killing my Redwing 875s on weekend hikes.

rmi01.jpg

rmi02.jpg

These boots just reek quality. Handmade everything. I got the Vibram sole option, and you can tell its handmade by the way the right one is slightly more narrower than the left (made to measure, got to love it). I'm going to wear them in for a few weeks first before I give the leather a good oiling (and the leather is just insane. Just kills the Redwing Oro leather (I think these are from Horween) . A bit smoother than I thought it would be, the pics on the Russell Moccasin site made them look more grainer than it is). But was it worth the wait and price? Price yes, wait no. I ordered these back in mid-March. It's August the 1st. Just goes to show you how quickly the year's gone by. I'll most definitely order another pair of Russell Mocs. Probably next March.

My Russell Moc Imperials have finally arrived. Now I can stop killing my Redwing 875s on weekend hikes.

rmi01.jpg

rmi02.jpg

These boots just reek quality. Handmade everything. I got the Vibram sole option, and you can tell its handmade by the way the right one is slightly more narrower than the left (made to measure, got to love it). I'm going to wear them in for a few weeks first before I give the leather a good oiling (and the leather is just insane. Just kills the Redwing Oro leather (I think these are from Horween) . A bit smoother than I thought it would be, the pics on the Russell Moccasin site made them look more grainer than it is). But was it worth the wait and price? Price yes, wait no. I ordered these back in mid-March. It's August the 1st. Just goes to show you how quickly the year's gone by. I'll most definitely order another pair of Russell Mocs. Probably next March.

Great boots you got there, would you mind posting some more pics?

i am wearing my alden cordos w/ commando sole today in deep snow

performing well, i must say

i stepped in a puddle and dampened a sock through an eyelet

OH NO!

but no bumps on the cordovan

they are working out well as beaters

fuck! $500 beaters that leak? AF60 aren't Veldtschoen construction??

Any consensus on the best place to buy a pair of the Alden Indy boots? It seems like $300 is the price no matter where you look.

A couple of stores are listed as dealers with Alden locally, but none have any stock in my size.

Great thread and discussion by the way- I can't believe I spent so much time reading about other people's shoes and enjoying it.

Great boots you got there, would you mind posting some more pics?

Changed the nylon laces for some cotton ones. They look shitty, but they don't cut my fingers when I tie them up. I'll be shopping for some good quality boot laces when time permits.

rmi03.jpg

rmi04.jpg

rmi05.jpg

rmi06.jpg

And a comparo of the Russell Moc vs. Redwing 875.

rmi07.jpg

fuck! $500 beaters that leak? AF60 aren't Veldtschoen construction??

I believe AF60s are Goodyear welted. But to my knowledge, Veldtschoen construction has nothing to do with preventing water from getting into the shoe through an eyelet... unless you're referring to the fact that some Veldtschoen have bellows tongue protection.

I believe AF60s are Goodyear welted. But to my knowledge, Veldtschoen construction has nothing to do with preventing water from getting into the shoe through an eyelet... unless you're referring to the fact that some Veldtschoen have bellows tongue protection.

ah, i thought veldtschoen meant maximum water protection, due to being welted with the leather outward rather than inward, having very few seams, and having tongue bellows.