Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

itching like a mother fucker to get my whites. it's been 5 weeks since my order. DAMN BACK UPS!

Mine are inbound, shipped 7 weeks after my order. You guys should be getting yours soon.

I'm suprised White's is this quick right now, my resole from them took 3 months.

Russell takes 5 months to build, but 4 weeks to resole.

Ordered these, but with a rubber dress sole, today for my summer shoes.

qs38jl.jpg

So I've come across some found saved money I was putting away for beer and trip that I never went on when I was in college. It actually totals out to ~$325. I'm considering getting a new pair of boots. I've got a pair of the Wolverine 1000 miles in rust, so I was thinking maybe something black and with a moc toe or different then a normal toe, maybe some engineer boots or something. I'm going to throw in a little money, so any suggestions if I've got ~$425-450 to spend?

So I've come across some found saved money I was putting away for beer and trip that I never went on when I was in college. It actually totals out to ~$325. I'm considering getting a new pair of boots. I've got a pair of the Wolverine 1000 miles in rust, so I was thinking maybe something black and with a moc toe or different then a normal toe, maybe some engineer boots or something. I'm going to throw in a little money, so any suggestions if I've got ~$425-450 to spend?

Two pairs of Red Wings :)

If you follow White's on facebook they post their wait times from time to time. Here's the latest:

Production Lead-Time: 02/02/12

New Boots- 4-6 Weeks Caulks/ Dri-Foot- 8 Weeks

Relast Boots- 10 Weeks

Resole- 1-2 Weeks

General Repairs- 2 Weeks

itching like a mother fucker to get my whites. it's been 5 weeks since my order. DAMN BACK UPS!

I know the feeling too. I ordered some Alfred Sargent Montagues in December and have been told they'll be finished in 2 weeks!

Is it possible for a cobbler to take off a lug sole and lay down a leather sole? I have this pair of TBC boots that I picked up at a thrift store brand new that I never wear because of the massive lug sole. The lug is sitting on top of stacked leather so I thought it could be taken off and maybe and replaced with like a leather sole or something a little flatter.

Digging those Whites

i love that whites basically require the shit to be kicked out of them. it's so great and they truly look better when you give em hell. i hope that since mine are unlined that it will be ok for me to wear them in the summer.

So what configs did yall order?

Quantity Price Total Classic Semi Dress by White's Boots

Hardware Black Eyes & Hooks, Edge Brown, Upper (Shaft) Leather Black Chrome Excel by Horween, Midsole Single, Size - Length 9, Toe Vamp Leather Black Chrome Excel by Horween, Size - Width D (medium), Pull Loops No Thanks, Sole Vibram Composition Half Sole

simple and sweet. i didn't want a leather lining, so i bailed on the exotic leathers. didn't use build a boot because they didn't have a half sole. but yeah, pumped and pissed all at the same time. order processed on 1/12. i never thought that it would be this rough to wait for a pair of shoes. complaining is probably the easiest thing to do about it :D

edit!!!!!!!! shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one week! pumped.

Edited by wgmds

What is the opinion about Horween Predator leather? Any good? I saw the Wolverine Stockton engineers use it.

and while i did a brief research, i found this article from horween about their cxl leather (most likely already known but whatever)

http://horween.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/chromexcel%C2%AE-2/