Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

quick question to anyone who may be able to answer - i'm a pretty true US 9. wear an 8.5 in the barrie last from alden. would a size US 9 from sanders/mark mcnairy run about the same as a 9 in the barrie? or do they run pretty true to size?

Hi,

I'm about to buy some Corcoran M43 roughout service shoes, which are identical to the ones wwii impressions sells if my information is correct. I want to wear them on trips around European towns, the countryside, the seaside, anywhere basically.

Some questions remain:

1.) Any advice on the sizing? I'm a EU size 43, sometimes a 44.

2.) I know they should be waterproofed, but has anyone here tried beating the sh** out of them without dubbin' them? What's the better way to go?

Thanks for your input!

Edited by J.W.

I told Juan abou those rough outs from doursoux when I bought my Boondockers from him. he was pretty surprised to see those boots on another site than his. then he said something about they might use worse leather on that product which i actually doubt.

i'm mostly a EU 43 and sometimes a 44. I bought the boondockers in 9,5 which should be a 43 afaik. go with 43 I would say

I wouldn't be surprised if Juan is a bit pi**ed off if another vendors sells "his" shoes - and is able to deliver them right away, without something like a pre-order waiting list. :)

Doursoux only offers full sizes, so I hope the 43 won't be too snug.

I got these from a buddy since they were too big for him. He thrifted them from a local store. Mint condition, my guess is late 90's, even the labels on the insert have no wear, probably worn a handful of times by someone.

Ralph Lauren - Suede pull on boots - the american collection - benchmade in the usa. probably not everyone's cup of tea but very nicely made and for free can't argue.

6825766503_bd0c78fc9f_z.jpg

6825764359_9fdb84d8e0_z.jpg

6826384655_4d9b9ce6ce_z.jpg

edited @ 4:44 pm MT - uploaded the last shot

Edited by clayton

Kelso in the snow

I am sticking with my Lennon as everyday boots on the basis it will take a few years before they look even slightly worn. But the snow and rain mean it's time for Veldtschoen, namely my Alfred Sargent Kelso. They've stayed snug and not let in a drop of water - altho it's now time for some saddlesoap and TLC to get rid of the salt stains. This is the first time I've worn anything other than jackboots in this weather.

veldtinthesnow.jpg

i'm drawing my indys for my drawing class. wonder if they should go here? depends on how they turn out :D and aj, those are lookin pretty sweet. similar to some Black Bird collabs. is that pebbled calf or kidskin or what?

edit, pebbled calf. first guess was right!

403007_10150768929684062_752404061_12687134_276198647_n.jpg

shitty iphone pic of my drawing assignment.

Edited by wgmds

you know, I don't love the faux cap-toe of the SE Alden myself, but I have to give them credit for creating a truly unique Alden boot in a market where it seems everything has already been done before. I do really like the lady calf and all eyelets they selected.

Kelso in the snow

I am sticking with my Lennon as everyday boots on the basis it will take a few years before they look even slightly worn. But the snow and rain mean it's time for Veldtschoen, namely my Alfred Sargent Kelso. They've stayed snug and not let in a drop of water - altho it's now time for some saddlesoap and TLC to get rid of the salt stains. This is the first time I've worn anything other than jackboots in this weather.

veldtinthesnow.jpg

Paul,

your leather jacket, is it a G-1?

Does anyone own a pair of RW pecos (the ones with crepe soles)? I tried them on and they fit pretty tight around my foot but when i'm walking I experience some serious heel slippage. Is this normal with pecos and/or will this go away when the leather adjusts to my feet?

It's a "baby cow"? That would be silly.... :)

Yes I know what a calf is, but they don't turn female baby cows into veal/meat. They turn boy calfs because you only need so many bulls, but you keep every heifer you can get because they can make you more calfs and more money.

So I'm thinking Lady calf is some made up term to sell leather... unless it's 12 year old dairy cows they slaughter and and call the leather "Lady Calf."