Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

im a shoemart baby!

btw tiro i said you can do the foot tracing and do it directly with them and tell me the result i didnt say you cant.

and yeah are you sure foot tracing will get you a good size? all theyll say is that " oh youll fit in a 9d sir"

They have restocked recently . The cordovan looks amazing , didnt have time to try it on. My favourite , one of many , is the scotch grain stow boot with commando sole . It is a wonderful shop , an oasis in a desert of shite , i could literally spend hours brwsing in it .

I love Trickers but from personal experience, their cordovan is not nearly as good as Aldens.

hey any knowledgable guys with big reps ever considered making a sizing questions thread where we could put in some comparative charts or something; the same questions seem to pop up over and over again. it might help to keep the thread interesting. what do u guys think?

progression seems to go clarks to redwing. redwing to whites SD or alden Indy boot, or sometimes clarks to alden indy boots.

It would be a good idea. Though shit, there could be a sizing thread about almost every thing on superdenim. Especially LVC 47's and Samurai 710's. It's a product of the fact that so much stuff is bought online from all over the world (just to state the obvious) and return shipping can be a killer. I wish more 'quality' retailers would offer free return shipping, especially on stuff like shoes that routinely over $400 a pop.

hey any knowledgable guys with big reps ever considered making a sizing questions thread where we could put in some comparative charts or something; the same questions seem to pop up over and over again. it might help to keep the thread interesting. what do u guys think?

I think this is a pretty good idea. Start up the thread! Sizing questions are tedious and repetitive. Unlike jeans/shirts/jackets sizing, most boots are just plain unwearable if you buy the wrong size, and they are heavier and, therefore, more costly to return/resell.

Do it!

If i am a size 8 in Clarks DBs, what size would i be in a RW 8114? (Iron Ranger Boots)?

I have the Clarks DB in us8 and the Iron ranger in us7.5. You should definitly go down half a size for the RW8114. And if you have narrow feet, maybe even a whole size.

Your whole post is pointless. Why even bother posting? "Wow. How did u size?", etc... So much of this absolutely useless, superfluous shit in superdenim these days. Do you really care if he can find the blemish? Of course there is a "blemish", they're fucking seconds.
I have the Clarks DB in us8 and the Iron ranger in us7.5. You should definitly go down half a size for the RW8114. And if you have narrow feet, maybe even a whole size.

why even bother answering?

My old White's semi dress.

11-2.jpg

aging perfectly... I just heard from white's that my pair is out on the production line somewhere... Maybe next week I'll have them?

Also, I just wanted to share with everyone what's gonna be happening with my semi-dress boots.

if you remember correctly, I was fitted in spokane by white's salesmen and when I got my boots, they were pretty tight. especially around the toes and ball of my foot.

I sent a foot tracing back to white's just to make sure there wasn't some discrepancy and that came out to be the same size. So I called white's customer service and told Rob the deal. He told me about how white's boots are hand lasted and the boots can be expected to be 1/8" different from each other and that they have a method for fixing this if it is a problem.

so I took a look at my right boot (the tight one) and low and behold it was visibly smaller than the left one. When measured the diff came out to right around 1/8".

Apparently the way white's fixes this is by shoving the last back in the boot with a leather fitting on it that should adjust the fit. Which works a lot better than a shoe stretcher (which was the only thing Baker's offered me). All of these non-rebuild adjustments are made by white's free of charge for the first year.

also, I was having trouble with the 5th metatarsal on my right and left foot ( mine sticks out a lot) which is a common problem with some people and the semi-dress last. they also have a fix for this that is fairly simple. All of these non-rebuild adjustments are made by white's free of charge for the first year.

Another interesting fact is they will rebuild these shoes to help you any way they can. If your feet grow, they will rebuild them on a larger last, if they shrink, rebuild on a smaller last. Pretty awesome if you ask me, seeing as how I had to sell my Redwings because my feet grew at age 22.

bottom line, if you're having trouble with your white's when you first get them, talk to someone in customer service about it and they should be able to help you. I'm still wearing mine as they are right now so I can break them in before the dead of summer sets in, but as soon as it does, I'm sending them off to white's for adjustments.

Thanks, dudes. Yes, pretty sure these are the semi-dress brown leather. They could use a good conditioning and polish...

I too ordered directly from White's and the boots came as 9.5 D. After about 6 months of wear they were still a bit tight on the pinky toe (I'm in between a D and an E width usually) so I sent them back to White's and they stretched them out in the width. Not sure of the method they used but it worked and the boots fit perfectly. I've had them for about 5 years now.

Great company, I'm toying with ordering another pair from them...

That is good advice for adjusting white's. Thanks for taking the time to post. I think I might phone them about mine, since nobody seems to want to buy them here.

I still want some semi-dress in dress brown size 9.5 though....

OK, so these don't have any real wear on them, and I know that's an issue for some, but I wanted to post a couple of pics simply to establish a baseline for down the road, when they do have more mileage.

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

Actual color is somewhere between the two, but closer to the second shot. Too bad my crappy photography skills don't do these shoes justice. They really are beautiful.

EDIT: Forgot to mention- these are Tricker's Belgrave oxfords.

My old White's semi dress.

11-2.jpg

Nice worn boots,good choice to have this awsome Sd.post some pic if you planing to wax em.cant wait to see how this boot rebirth.:)

Houston.C.yours is sexy dress shoes.Alden?