Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

i went a .5 down. probably could have pulled off a full size.

More importantly where did you get them? I don't think those are sold in the states. Are they the 2269s?

I don't think you get it cheep. Everything must be selvedge. Exposed selvedge coin pocket, selvedge accents wherever possible. IT MUST BE SELVEDGE!!!!! There is no "ifs," "ands" or, "buts" about it.

Chanting

Sel-vedge!!!!, sel-vedge!!!!!, Sel-vedge!!!!!

Just like "USA!!!, USA!!!! USA!!!!" Don't question it. Just fall in lock step.

Heh, I like this guy.

Thanks to sixsixtie for the heads up on these boots. They have broken in to be very comfortable. I don't know why the roughout on the left is so much "hairier" than the right, but I don't really care.

cool, where'd they come from?

I will post some pics of these boots this weekend... hopefully. Maybe by then I will have cleaned up the leather sole to have a raw edge.

they're actually 2970s that were resoled with a 2268 from the Redwing repair center. it cost 51.50

Look at that. Gettin all creative. I like that.

Thanks to sixsixtie for the heads up on these boots. They have broken in to be very comfortable. I don't know why the roughout on the left is so much "hairier" than the right, but I don't really care.

Nice man those look really good. If I didn't have the wwII impression roughouts I woulda snapped up a pair myself.

I didn't want my first post to be a listing but I need to rid my closet of my sizing issues before my other orders come in. As you will see I have been following this thread for quite awhile and it has done my wallet extensive damage. For sale:

RRL Bowery 12D Dark Brown

RRL Bowery 12D Light Brown

Mister Freedom Road Champ Boot 12D*

Alden #8 NST boot from Leather Soul 11D*

Alden Indy Whiskey Shell from Leathersoul 11D

Alden Indy 405 Leather Lined 12C

Alden Indy 405 standard 12B

Alden NST shoe Cigar Shell from The Shoemart 11D

Alden 4030 Ravello Shell from the Shoemart 12D*

Alden Indy Cigar shell from Leffot 12B**

Alden Indy 403 Chromexcel 12C**

*As New

** Not even tried on

The others have been worn but not extensively (the 12B & 12C standard 405's have been worn the most--all but 4 are in original boxes)

If I am not suppose to post like this, my apologies. I have pictures of some today but hope to take a group photo to post later. Thank you.

I didn't want my first post to be a listing but I need to rid my closet of my sizing issues before my other orders come in. As you will see I have been following this thread for quite awhile and it has done my wallet extensive damage. For sale:

RRL Bowery 12D Dark Brown

RRL Bowery 12D Light Brown

Mister Freedom Road Champ Boot 12D*

Alden #8 NST boot from Leather Soul 11D*

Alden Indy Whiskey Shell from Leathersoul 11D

Alden Indy 405 Leather Lined 12C

Alden Indy 405 standard 12B

Alden NST shoe Cigar Shell from The Shoemart 11D

Alden 4030 Ravello Shell from the Shoemart 12D*

Alden Indy Cigar shell from Leffot 12B**

Alden Indy 403 Chromexcel 12C**

*As New

** Not even tried on

The others have been worn but not extensively (the 12B & 12C standard 405's have been worn the most--all but 4 are in original boxes)

If I am not suppose to post like this, my apologies. I have pictures of some today but hope to take a group photo to post later. Thank you.

1. jesus, how many "sizing issues" do you have?

2. do these all not fit you, or are you just sick of a lot of them?

3. how can you receive an awesome pair of shoes in the mail and NOT try them on...twice?

hurry up with those pictures.

They do not fit me well enough to hang onto them because some I have special ordered in the correct size. The seduction of receiving some of these awesome shoes can convince you that they fit "good enough" because the wait to try the next size on will not do. I am certainly not tired of them. The MF boot has wonderful leather scent and I will hate to see them go.

Dude I would not flood the market with these boots. You are gonna bring the value down a bit.

Anyways, for god sakes, what were you thinking? And if these are the boots you plan on selling, what boots do you have that you don't plan on selling?

And most of all, why the fuck could you not be an 8 or 8.5 D.

Dude I would not flood the market with these boots. You are gonna bring the value down a bit.

Anyways, for god sakes, what were you thinking? And if these are the boots you plan on selling, what boots do you have that you don't plan on selling?

Hold up there.... I usually wear an 11 C in Aldens and with some thicker socks I could use some more "cheaper" boots in my collection....

You just keep posting all the boots you want.... Cheaply...

Thank you for the advice. I hadn't thought about it that way.

My wife would say that I wasn't thinking, and taht I have a very addictive personality.

If these all were sold I would not be without. Once I figure out the loading of pictures I will take pictures of the ones I still have as I don't want to get a post "without a picture" it's a lie. :)

make sure you picture ends with .jpg and not a bunch of other stuff. Plus you must post pictures to a posting site and not directly from your computer

11wehwg.jpg

Here's another of my Roys that I never got around to posting. The second run was a pretty big preorder, I know there's got to be more than a few roy boot owners on here that got em' by now!

thanks for that pic...not so big, if I remember correctly about 20 pairs ?

From what I gather the Roy boot is actually on the trubalance last. i thought this preorder was on the barrie last, but Sam at context told me that my boots are on the trubalance last.