Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Jstavrin, the boots look great.

I have been eyeballing the Bounty Hunters for a long time, but they are such an investment (they are expensive, of course, but I moreso mean that in that I will have them for a long time and they'd better damn well be perfect) that I want to make sure I get it right when I buy them.

Bakers is a 6 hour drive from where I live, and also happens to be on my way to Portland, where I have been planning to go on a beer-based vacation. I figure if I visit the store in person I can get a better idea of the different leather and hardware options and get the sizing perfect. Some time in the next few months, hopefully, I will get to make this trip :)

thatsmyname; thats some crazy destruction going on there. Perhaps you could give those babys a pecard treatment. would be interesting to see how they turn out

cobbler; great collection, mre pictures of the Trickers Grasmere pls

Jstavrin; those Whites are looking sweet; is that the original semi-dress brown leather? looks lighter than the brown sd's I have

Turntabloid,as Fresco says they're calfskin, the Flex Welt version. Very comfortable and look the nuts.

I'm an Alden freak and I can't wait to get my hands on some Leather Soul #8 Cordovan Jump Boots!

rockin the moccasins lately

P1010799.jpg?t=1258068463

Some vintage remake boxing shoes I got from a street vendor in spain

P1010811.jpg?t=1258068506

These look a lot shinier than than they actually are

P1010812.jpg?t=1258068529

Beat up pair of wrestling shoes I wear except they've made me even more flat footed than I already am

P1010824.jpg?t=1258068588

Literally just saw the post on your blog. Good find man, how can you tell it was from the 50's based on the toe?

Engineer boots of the 40's and 50's were known to have a flatter/lower toe profile. Often times boots of this era were soft toed, as in, no reinforcement whatsoever. The shape would also be slightly more narrow/pointed than newer styles that were to come. The more bubble toed engineer style (like most Red Wing or Chippewa look NOW) came into being in the 60's and 70's....

For further reinforcement..... Check these links/pics

Earlier/Flatter/pointed shape:

http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com/2009/09/amazing-1940s-chippewa-engineer-boots.html

Later/Bubble toes:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2128/2073039094_f0ab3da607.jpg

Until Nike or Asics or Converse makes leather boots, don't post the evolution of your dirty ass sneakers in here. If we wanted to see them we'd go to sole forum or Nike talk.

I realize that Cheap has been around for awhile but that doesn't mean he can break the "boot" rule. Had anyone else started the sneaker posting they would have been shit on.