Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I had a friend who got a pair of big thick 20 eye boots, fuckers went nearly to his knee, and they were so stiff and brutal that he tied them to the back of his car and drug them around thr block a few times, beat the fuck outta them, they were soft at that point haha

I hope he took them off before he did that...

soaking in water is a more aggressive method. I've never done it cause it scares me, but maybe it'd be worth it. I think akilae did it on his wwII impressions russet service boots.

edit: have to tried treating them with anything? a good 2 coats of Obenauf's LP hairdried into the leather might give you some extra give in the leather.

I'm really thinking of doing the water soaking method.

I don't have any conditioner or anything handy.

I broke in a pair of raw combat boots but they were lace ups and was able to adjust the give of them directly.

These fuckers...

I'm really thinking of doing the water soaking method.

I don't have any conditioner or anything handy.

I broke in a pair of raw combat boots but they were lace ups and was able to adjust the give of them directly.

These fuckers...

dont water soak ... i suggest not!

just use lexol conditioner or some obenaufs just order some onlibe or something

use lexol actually it works or try to call up big and ask them if they have one of those mustang paste just rub some in and use the low dryer to heat them up a bit to sink in

try to squat with them too sweat actually works fastest

DSCN1484.JPG

Those are my GT's, soon they'll be getting me through another fall. Want to cop a pair of Iron Rangers to complement these.

-Jake

I have handled the leather swatch for the Cigar colored featherstone. Make no mistake, it IS the best color they've offered so far. Lots more depth than the chestnut. I was pissed when I saw the swatch and was told it wouldnt be avail. for another 9 months. If you like the GT boot, this is a real tough one to pass up.

Fuck..... Red Wing should pay me for that review.......Anybody up in Minnesota reading this?

yes b nelson can do something like that but i dont think hey a rapid e machine.. you would want someone who has that so they can stitch the "8" for any half sole you want in there but for whole sole youll be fine

soaking in water is a more aggressive method. I've never done it cause it scares me, but maybe it'd be worth it. I think akilae did it on his wwII impressions russet service boots.

edit: have to tried treating them with anything? a good 2 coats of Obenauf's LP hairdried into the leather might give you some extra give in the leather.

Somebody has uttered that which should not have been named and summoned me back from the undeath! I actually never went with the water soaking. I went with the brutal old fashioned method of just wearing the service shoes till submission. That and liberal coatings of Obenauf's outside AND inside the shoes. Whether it's my shoes or my feet in submission I cannot tell though...

However, having now worn DD width jump boots, I'm beginning to wonder if all my woes were from shoes too narrow. The jump boots were comfortable from the get go, with no pinching whatsoever. These days I go with what Alden told me: There should be no pinching whatsoever when you put a shoe on, i.e. there should be bare feet freedom in terms of toe movement. For me that means going as wide as I can on my shoes. Maybe Leonard just has boots that aren't sized right?

Also, cobblers in NYC: Give Midas down at Wall St. a try. That old man is really good.

Big fall purchase is going to be a pair of White's Bounty Hunters or Semi-Dress - curious if anyone has opted for their measuring service.

By the Red Wing measuring device I'm a 13E, but my left foot is narrower than my right (13C left, 13E right - almost a D on the left). In Alden Indys they measured and gave me a 12.5EE.

So I could either get a 13E in the White's - a very comfortable size in my Red Wing workboots (regular line, not heritage). Or I could go MTM for an extra hundred plus however long it takes to make them. Hmm...