Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Greg NYC - Whoa I just saw your collection pic for the first time. Those are sweet. I want some conistons real bad but I have a suspicion I will cheap out and get something like cheaneys or barkers.

I like how the edges of the brogueing have a lighter color. Could you by any chance photograph the sole?

Sure, do you mean a pic of the bottom of the sole? its a standard dainite.

VERY NICE!!! :)

i actually receive mine today, but i get it the acorn antique color

i didnt get the espresso because i already have too many pairs of brown shoe/boot

i wouldnt put lexol on mine because it will darken my boot, but your wont change since the color so dark already. How long have you have those?I'll guess about a year and half?? It look much nicer compare to the left after you condition them!!!:D :D

Tricker Stow Espresso, halfway through lexolx2/lincoln/urad treatment. I'm doing one shoe a time so I know for certain what effect each stage has.

dsc04129small.jpg

Greg - Amazing collection. You need more brogues though. :)

Waiting for the Skye to come in..... I was thinking I'd like a brogue in a wholecut. Here's a nice one from Allen Edmonds - this year's smooth one. They had a brogue version of this last year, but it's discontinued and hard to find. Whaddya all think?

Westgate.jpg

Going to give Lobb a visit on Madison Ave. They have the Brooklands I'd like to try on, but it's like $1300 - like Synthi said, they are truly ethereal-

AH1_JOH02_CH_BO_NORMAL.jpg

BG- there's gotta be at least one Clarks store in DFW. I bought a pair of black pebble and brown pebble Desert Boots no too long ago for 2/$99 at a Clarks store here in Houston. The pebble texture smooths out on most of the shoe. They broke in quick, and were a steal at that price. Good luck!

the 'desert boot' design isnt exclusive of clarks. practically every old time shoemaker, esp british, has a version in both suede and smooth leather.

But if the crepe sole is important to you then yeah clarks is the one you want.

Waiting for the Skye to come in..... I was thinking I'd like a brogue in a wholecut. Here's a nice one from Allen Edmonds - this year's smooth one. They had a brogue version of this last year, but it's discontinued and hard to find. Whaddya all think?

Westgate.jpg

You may be able to find the AE medallion wholecut, the Fairfax, at some discount places or on eBay. Admittedly it is not as sleek as the ones made by various English & Italian marques but they look much better than the awful pics that AE posts.

Those are way worn - and still trees, cool! One well-loved pair of Indies. What are you gonna get them re-soled with? The Indygear folks ought to come over here!

minas thinks i either walk a lot or the indy soles are not as tough as they used to be. (he knows 405s from decades ago.) i've been wearing them pretty much every day. they fit my feet like gloves. the only problems i've had with them is that they are awful in snow and ice. which is surprising, considering they're supposed to be what indiana jones would wear in his adventures.

it looks like it might be worth resoling my indys with some hardcore vibram stuff. minas is looking into finding a honey colored one right now. i'm quite excited about going a little unconventional with them. whatever the outcome, i'm sure i'll post them here pretty soon.

I well and truly love punched whole cuts, especially the english ones. :)

I've seen the AE's on ebay in my size but I honestly can't figure out what to wear them with. I'm not a huge stickler for the rules but I really can't figure out what I'd do with a pair other than look at them. They wouldn't work very well with my otherwise trad wardrobe.

Ugh thanks a lot chicken, I have my pair of Alden brouged boots on reserve, for when they come out this September, and you just reminded me. And now my stomach is churning with shell-cordesire.

ha ha haaa. well fortunately (or unfortunately), five months is a plenty of time to break into a pair of cordo 405s. and i don't think you'll be sorry if you do.

and thanks for kind words, people. without you guys i wouldn't be here with these aldens. :)