Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

After having my 405s for a very short time, I'm wishing i would have purchased something a little "beefier." I'm about to pull the trigger on some White's. Is this a good idea?

Also, I'm selling my barely worn Cat's Pawed 405s (10.5 D) if anyone's interested. Looking to get around 320 for them.

J-

Beefier how exactly? True, the White's will feel a little more substantial underfoot and are heavier, but the 405 is a nicely made boot.... They should be able to handle just about anything L.A. has to offer.... The White's will certainly look beefier... more of a boot profile than the shoe profile of the Indy.

Which White's model you lookin at?

I probably should have said "more rugged." Construction-wise, the Alden is fine, but I vastly prefer the look of either the Semi-Dress or the Bounty Hunter. It's too bad that I only just realized that they're pretty affordable.

maybe out of place here

IMG_5992.jpg

This is just me, but I really don't think they look good @ all, looks like a regular pair of work boots. Now I'm not saying they should be cleans cause they visvims, not at all, but those shoes look better with some scuff marks here and there and a bit of wear from treking. but not full on manual labor. A worn look that still should look nice with some very nice denim and shirt for going out in public.

9E, standard height, semi-dress brown, double leather sole, brass eyes and hooks.... I think

I'm jealous...I'm pulling the trigger on a pair of Bounty Hunters as soon as I can sell my Indys (see signature).

I got blisters when I walked in a pair of too narrow RW 877. My feet almost never blister but they had it in for me and I got blisters at the heels of both feet. I heard that the 877 can cause that because of the seam that is there. Or maybe it was because me feet was to big.

But my iron rangers is no problem at all! yay

On my left foot it was on the back of the heel, on my right there is one on my big toe, my achilles tendon and on the back of the heel as well.

One thing you might wanna try is putting some vaseline or lip balm on your heels before putting on your socks and boots, works great.

obviously you have to wait till the blisters heal first.

also try experimenting with how tight you lace up the boots.

My White's Bounty Hunter specs:

Double Leather Outsoles

Leather: Brown Smooth

Edge: Brown Edge

Hardware: Brass Eyelets & Hooks,

Celastic toe box + 6 inch roll top

I can't fucking wait for them to get here.

DSCN2459.jpg

here is a couple of pairs of boots from my collection. wesco jobmasters .

20081120114011.jpg

this is the newest boot to my collection . it will be done in about one week. whites smoke jumper black roughout . the only different from the pic here is mine will have a brown edge instead of a tan edge. what do you guys think?

My White's Bounty Hunter specs:

Double Leather Outsoles

Leather: Brown Smooth

Edge: Brown Edge

Hardware: Brass Eyelets & Hooks,

Celastic toe box + 6 inch roll top

I can't fucking wait for them to get here.

Genuinely jealous of these. Not sure how I am still managing without either Semi Dress or Bounty Hunters.

The most interesting, but still relatively standard boot to me right now, would be a straight perf cap toe...kind of a Corcoran homage. However, this is only theoretical, as I have never seen such a thing from Alden in a boot, and whether or not it would look "right" would be largely dependent on the shape of the last and how big the actual "cap" was.

However, I really think that the vintage angle is worth pursuing if we can get any information to base it off of...I am also inclined to believe (perhaps incorrectly) that we stand a greater chance of getting Alden to do something fairly unique if it is a reissue/reproduction of something they used to do than if we just came at them with a ridiculous design. Alden has been around a long time and though its pretty hard to find anything about it on the net, I have been shown and told me things that give me reason to believe there is a wide array of boots in their archive that would be very appealing to the sensibilities of this forum.

8 Months later, I am about to find out...way too excited about these!

Guest jbone45

Pictures of the new WWII Impression boots. Wore them for a few hours yesterday, I'm mainly waiting for my "Sno-Seal" to arrive in the mail so I can waterproof these bad boys.

2qny0xh.jpg

jqkzs1.jpg

2nt9zc2.jpg

Picture of the only other pair of boots I wear mostly everyday for the past three years. They're getting thrashed, and I'll wear them till they fall apart.

rj2oer.jpg