Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Suede is just one of those things you don't expose to water. You can spray it down with silicon if you like, but you don't have to google very far to learn about what it does to suede. I know it sounds shitty to just say "it's hopeless", but I've to find a solid answer to this very question before and found nothing. I've kept my suedes nice by babying them and brushing them after each wear, but not too, too hard.

Don't buy suede boots,they are ugly. Any leather that requires too much babying does not belong on a boot.

^^^

Contrary to his avatar, this one sounds like he knows a thing or two.

waka waka waka. This coming from someone who's screen name is of someone who pushed his religion on people and was responsible for inciting persecution on non-Catholics.

waka waka waka. This coming from someone who's screen name is of someone who pushed his religion on people and was responsible for inciting persecution on non-Catholics.

I like the fozzie bear reference

dawson_crying.gif

Yeah, he was a pretty bad basque. In my opinion, not in most.

Francis Xavier is my middle name, though. Also, I'm not even Christian. Ironic, no?

So speak not of the goa inquisition, Mr. Compensation-Avatar.

How do you feel about the New Black Panther party!? They sure seem like such well-grounded, insightful people.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

nice 405s turntabloid, where'd you get the waxed laces?

i just received my replacements from alden they seem nicer than the other ones, but they arent waxed or anything.

a small german company in freiburg manufactures them, and I ordered them directly there. will probably not help you, hehe

nice 405s turntabloid, where'd you get the waxed laces?

i just received my replacements from alden they seem nicer than the other ones, but they arent waxed or anything.

It's very easy to wax them by yourself! Just buy some "solid" wax (beeswax, or something they use to wax clothing like Fjällräven or something you can get from there...), it costs about 5 - 10$ and will do the rest of your life. Rub it to laces, warm with hair dryer until it's absorbed, and maybe same over again. I've done it couple of times like this. Though, I've used cotton laces but it should work either way.

Funny, i do this too. I rub my laces on a piece of fjällräven wax, but instead of a hairdryer i put them in the microwave oven for a few seconds and it works like a charm, it easily doubles the life span of cotton laces!

He replied, so I replied. That's probably the end of the conversation so chill the fuck out, internet police. We'll now return to praising the wear on your Indiana Jones boots - so let it go.

Wait, let me reply to your reply and we can have a big circle jerk.

I am not too into the New Black Panther party. They rely more on brash words and less on action as the original party relied more on action than words.

I don't quite get the Mr. Compensation Avatar thing though. Huey P. was a great American who was the yang to MLK's yin. Without one nothing would be accomplished.

So this is a fairly neutral response which doesn't require any kind of reply, but when you crap on other people's avatars for no good reason it almost requires a response, especially when it is towards a great man, who in my opinion gave his life such that others could be more free.

Sorry to all who have to read this crap. No more in the shoes thread.

It's very easy to wax them by yourself! Just buy some "solid" wax (beeswax, or something they use to wax clothing like Fjällräven or something you can get from there...), it costs about 5 - 10$ and will do the rest of your life. Rub it to laces, warm with hair dryer until it's absorbed, and maybe same over again. I've done it couple of times like this. Though, I've used cotton laces but it should work either way.
Funny, i do this too. I rub my laces on a piece of fjällräven wax, but instead of a hairdryer i put them in the microwave oven for a few seconds and it works like a charm, it easily doubles the life span of cotton laces!

Great tips, i'm gonna try this.

Wait, let me reply to your reply and we can have a big circle jerk.

I am not too into the New Black Panther party. They rely more on brash words and less on action as the original party relied more on action than words.

I don't quite get the Mr. Compensation Avatar thing though. Huey P. was a great American who was the yang to MLK's yin. Without one nothing would be accomplished.

So this is a fairly neutral response which doesn't require any kind of reply, but when you crap on other people's avatars for no good reason it almost requires a response, especially when it is towards a great man, who in my opinion gave his life such that others could be more free.

Sorry to all who have to read this crap. No more in the shoes thread.

Am I speaking to you, or your father?

This feels like this:

y1WusC956-E

Am I speaking to you, or your father?

Yo, back the fuck off. And to some extent you are speaking to my father. He worked with the BPP in the late 60s and early 70s as a reporter. Much of the info I get is first hand from him. Aside from that, I posted a fairly neutral post requiring no response, just answering a dumb question you asked about the new BPP. Yet, you still come back at me with this imbecilic immature crap. Please keep it in PMs if you want to continue this... Sir Francis Xavier.

has anyone heard of lay the foundation boots? they have some cats paws on their boots engineers and work boot style ..saw them on lightning boots book anyone??

has anyone heard of lay the foundation boots? they have some cats paws on their boots engineers and work boot style ..saw them on lightning boots book anyone??

Looks kind of fashion-conscious vintage shoes. Don't tell me your interested in getting another pair of engineer boots…

Just scored some vintage Russell SnakeBoots on eBay..... Hopefully will have them by the weekend!

Any mod bored enough to rotate my pics for me would be appreciated... my old ass iMac won't do shit for me right now!

8f73_1.jpg

966e_1.jpg

BNSiSQB2kKGrHgoOKkMEjlLmVuSBJo1hMtP.jpg

I'm interested in these Yuketen boots:

laceup%20boots%20cordovan%20no8S.jpgback%20zip%20boots%20brn%20hering.JPG

But have had a lot of trouble getting simple questions answered... usually don't even get an email response. Anyone have stockist information? I know they list MEG Company on their site but I'm pretty sure that's just a distributor and not a direct line to Yuketen themselves...

Anyone here own a pair of Yuketens for that matter?

Bill,

I thought I was a bit of a shoe whore, but it seems like every week you get another great pair of something...

nice vintage boots!

back%20zip%20boots%20brn%20hering.JPG

Anyone have stockist information? I know they list MEG Company on their site but I'm pretty sure that's just a distributor and not a direct line to Yuketen themselves...

Fck those look great!

I don't own any Yuketen, but i do know Oipolloi (click) stocks them, not these though, but they might be able to help you get in contact with them or do a special order.