A.P.C.

jeepster

Well, took my NC's in the other day to the Mercer st. store and traded them in with the "Butler Service" thing that they're doin. I snapped the last evo pics on Friday, turned them in on Saturday. So here my NC's are at approximately 1 year, 3 months - a whole bunch of washes, lots of walking, some construction/yard-work, and a whole lotta lovin. Color is a tad bit lighter than they were, but pretty true across the board.

3052512633_58a5b3e014.jpg

3053349144_8b51cdae5d.jpg

3052513645_825f608bf8.jpg

3052516025_bf4413e5cc.jpg

3052503437_4728a5db24.jpg

3053345182_3b017a59ea.jpg

3052501595_fc0dc3b47b.jpg

Traded them for a pair of black Petite Standards. Cheers!

^hey i resent that comment! dont be jealous because youre "bigboned" :P

(10)

Haha my arms are bigger than your legs. Trust me, Im not big boned and I would never want to have pipe cleaner legs.

What kind of fit was the APC Hipster? Is there any way to still get those?

I have a pair of the hipsters. I believe they are discontinued. They are similar to the NS but have a lower rise and are meant to be worns around the hips. Hence the name hipster. I originally went to buy the NS in the WeHo store but didn't have a small enough size so I picked up the hipster instead. I think they are a little straighter in the leg too. Not 100% on that.

Haha my arms are bigger than your legs. Trust me, Im not big boned and I would never want to have pipe cleaner legs.

I have a pair of the hipsters. I believe they are discontinued. They are similar to the NS but have a lower rise and are meant to be worns around the hips. Hence the name hipster. I originally went to buy the NS in the WeHo store but didn't have a small enough size so I picked up the hipster instead. I think they are a little straighter in the leg too. Not 100% on that.

What's the leg opening like on the hipster? Are there any other first other than the the NS, NC, Rescue and Hipster?

What's the leg opening like on the hipster? Are there any other first other than the the NS, NC, Rescue and Hipster?

They just came out with the Petite Standards. Go back a few pages and see the info and fits about people who have picked em up. I dont know off the top of my head about the leg opening. I want to say it is straight through the leg. These are from about 3 months ago. They have them at www.apc.fr under womens jeans haha.

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0007-2.jpg

I want to look at the Butler Worn APCs. I'm breaking in a new pair of Jean Shop and Sugar Canes now and I don't have time to work on some APCs. I thought I'd give a look at the Butler Worn stuff. Is the only way to look at these is to go to the store?

Yes, its an in-store only promotion. They may move it to the site if interest grows and more pairs come in than the stores can handle.

hipster's are still being sold at the mercer st. store

also, jeepster, i thought the jeans needed to be UNWASHED? if they are taking washed jeans then i am in business ..

I just didn't tell them I had washed them, they don't ask. Its not like they're denim experts or anything. Also, I had been wearing them for about a month since I had last washed them, so they were more than good as it was.

EDIT: I just picked up a pair of Petite Standards in Black. Can't tell if I like them, they seem oddly constructed and the proportions are strange compared to my NC's. I wish they had more of a taper, but I can bring them in for that. Anyone know of a good denim tailor in NYC? Besides that, they are APC denim, so quality is pretty great. Nothing special and I got them for 1/2 off, so I'm not complaining.

Yes, its an in-store only promotion. They may move it to the site if interest grows and more pairs come in than the stores can handle.

How much of a stock do they have for the Butler Worn stuff? Do they have a lot to choose from in every model? Do they have any gray and black denim?

Also, are the Hipster's a women's model? The only stuff I see says it's a women's jean. Could someone help me out with the measurements on these (rise, leg opening, knee, thigh)?

Lots of questions. Any help is appreciated.

How much of a stock do they have for the Butler Worn stuff? Do they have a lot to choose from in every model? Do they have any gray and black denim?

Also, are the Hipster's a women's model? The only stuff I see says it's a women's jean. Could someone help me out with the measurements on these (rise, leg opening, knee, thigh)?

Lots of questions. Any help is appreciated.

Depends on the store and depends on how much they've been taking in and not selling. They should have all the cuts because APC's biggest seller is always their jeans, but I'm sure you'll see more NS's and NC's than anything else.

Hipster is a bootcut model, unisex, like all APC jeans.

Depends on the store and depends on how much they've been taking in and not selling. They should have all the cuts because APC's biggest seller is always their jeans, but I'm sure you'll see more NS's and NC's than anything else.

Hipster is a bootcut model, unisex, like all APC jeans.

How does the Hipster size? I ordered a pair of Rescues a few weeks back in size 28 and fit just right out of the box. I returned them because I know how much APC stretches.

I'm about a 32" true waist, what size should I order in the Hipsters?

How does the Hipster size? I ordered a pair of Rescues a few weeks back in size 28 and fit just right out of the box. I returned them because I know how much APC stretches.

I'm about a 32" true waist, what size should I order in the Hipsters?

I have no experience with them, but in terms of APC sizing, always start two down from your actual waist. Please refer to the first post I made for more information (page 1)

I have no experience with them, but in terms of APC sizing, always start two down from your actual waist. Please refer to the first post I made for more information (page 1)

Right, but that's what I did with the Rescues and the size 30 was loose on me right out of the box. I was surprised when I sent them back for a size 28 and they fit fine, which is why I returned them. I've read how much APC stretches and I couldn't afford even a centimeter stretch on those pair.

Anyone have experience with the Hipsters that can help me out?

Right, but that's what I did with the Rescues and the size 30 was loose on me right out of the box. I was surprised when I sent them back for a size 28 and they fit fine, which is why I returned them. I've read how much APC stretches and I couldn't afford even a centimeter stretch on those pair.

Anyone have experience with the Hipsters that can help me out?

ahhh, I made a mistake. Hipsters are the same cut as NS's, but with a shorter rise, thats all.

Oh ok. From some of the pictures I've dug up they look a little bootcut, which is why I liked them. Does APC make any kind of bootcut model? What's the English model? Do they still make those?

Anyone have any scans of the APC Illustrated Denim Guide? That would help illustrate (no pun intended concept) this conversation.

(for NCs,) is Femme just anything < w28, and Homme anything 28 and up? or do both go the full size run?

both run all sizes. Like I've said in the past, APC's for the most part are unisex across the board. They sometimes indicate female based cuts and male based cuts, but you can usually ignore it because they all are cut fairly unisex.