small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Where can I find a somewhat steezy gray tweed sports coat for $400 or less? I'm looking for something unconstructed/lined would be optimal, not stiff and stodgy, so Brooks Brothers-esque jawns are not really an option. I'm not looking for a super narrow cut or something w/ slim lapels, just a good relaxed shape a la EG but w/out all the pockets/over design.

Do Band of Outsiders shirts shrink when washed? A shirt I bought fits perfectly (albeit very slim), but I am worried that it will be retarded slim when I wash it. Is it necessary to size up 2 for a guy with really broad shoulders a a slightly bigger chest? Thanks.

Guest umhaha84

long shot. i'm looking for a short sleeved T-shirt with seashell( don't remember exactly) sewn on from lanvin SS09.

this guy is wearing it underneath. Barneys had it for around $600.

PM me if you have size small and want to sell.

00180m.jpg

J/w but anyone know where you can still get CP Black leather trainers in size 42 (the hardest size it seems to find)?

Appreciate it

Also looking for a brand (any) that carries parka's with oversize hoods:

200912132312230.701159in that shade of olive

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK that is one whole pic?? ROFL

whats the difference between Acne Hex Cash and and Max Cash? i know a lot of guys wear Hex even though it's for women's. is Max more of a straight-leg than Hex?

2523200964218611144326_L.jpg

254920098424141819102217_L.jpg

max is a better cut for guys all around, all though they could use a bit of taper below the knee. As for hex, if you're 5'8+ and 125lbs you could do it and not look like an idiot. But make sure to try them and and figure out how much to size up.

It says stretch denim but does anyone know how much stretch Acne jeans usually have? I've got the Uniqlo UJs that have like 4% elastane in them and when I sit down the thighs actually bunch up around my crotch, it's ridiculous.

edit: Actually I'll go see if they have 'Snake' at the Greene St. store and get back to you guys on this one.

UK8 usually = US9-9.5 correct?

Is it the same for dress/smart shoes or do you have to take into consideration the slimness in the profile?

More so, plan on putting insoles (Superfeet) so would it be better to size up to UK9 rather than true to size UK8?

FYI... Ordered a pair of UK8 Vans hi-tops and there is discomfort WITH the Superfeet insoles (but I didn't really give it time to break in, hurts because too tight).

Someone please let me know if dress shoes are the same (leather).

THANKS!

capa

haven't seen khaki authentics, but there are cream ones (like the converse cream color). closest thing i can think of to that color. i would go with the keds, unless you really want the authentics for the thicker sole/different silhouette/whatever your reason is

Guest umhaha84

Anyone dealt with ebay user AXMARA?

just got lanvin sneakers I bought from him. there are some minor differences between lanvin I already own. is it because they're from different season?

for example, dust bags are made from different fabrics. I'll try to take a pic and post on legit check thread.

Chances are they're legit. I remember you posting in the recent purchases thread and the stiching and the sole looked spot on. With the replica Lanvins, they usually have pretty obviously fake soles and crappy stitching. If its just the material of the dust bag, its probably fine. As long as the construction looks similar to the other sneaks you own, you're probably fine. Wouldn't hurt to get another opinion.

Guest umhaha84

so I'm selling my two month old Somet 008s cuz of its low rise. I need to find a replacement.

what should i get? Dior 19cm? APC NC or PS? or just get some cheap marc by MJ raw denims. suggestions?

It says stretch denim but does anyone know how much stretch Acne jeans usually have? I've got the Uniqlo UJs that have like 4% elastane in them and when I sit down the thighs actually bunch up around my crotch, it's ridiculous.

edit: Actually I'll go see if they have 'Snake' at the Greene St. store and get back to you guys on this one.

I've never owned uniqlo jeans but acne jeans stretch a lot.

the best thing about these jeans is that the thighs aren't dangerously skinny ala cheap mondays, superfines, and aprils.

every man needs a pair of acne max.

slightly low rise, slim, great variety of colors, blah blah

the only complaint i have is that they bleed like crazy

okay, I ran a search for thid but I'm still confused. I'm looking to cop a pair of zip up NDC ankle boots but don't know what size to get. I'm a size 8-8.5 in chucks and 41 in cp's. I'm also I think a US size 8 in paul smith timur and 8.5 in yorks. Can anyone who owns a pair of NDC boots tell me how sizing compares to their chuck, cp, paul smith size? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.