small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Vael Project Brogue boots - how do they fit?

My half size isn't available - would you go up or down in this case?

Well, since nobody knows, I'll relate my experience.

I went ahead and ordered a half size up - I have a slightly wide foot. They fit very well. If I got my correct size they would have just fit me, but they seem like they'll stretch a bit. I like to wear thicker socks, so these fit great.

These brogues boots are SUPER lightweight - like sneakers. Comfortable right out of the box.

Hope this helps someone else.

You meant the bowery ones or the what-seems-like-insane-markuped belstaff bags?

So how are supreme duffels?

I want a bag with tons of compartments...duffel bags tend to mess things up and I have to rummage around forever, especially when Im looking for small stuff.

Look like monocle x porter seems the most useful, they even got a compartment for dirty shoooos.

I'm looking around as well.

Here are some

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/06/26/the-10-best-duffle-bags-for-summer-2009/

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/11/25/the-10-best-weekender-bags-for-holiday-2009/

I know they are mostly ugly but it gives you and idea. I like y-3 but this season they are pretty ugly. Filson is an option but they don't have compartments.

can anyone compare the Alden Roy boots to something like say, chucks or vans sizing? never had a shoe like this before (have owned only 1 pair of dress shoes all my life since i was a freshman in high school, and even those were from some wholesale shop in downtown LA.) any help would be appreciated. for reference: the shoe is done on the barrie last

I found these boots I really dig on a sale on Gilt.. only problem is they're just a prop (not for sale) and I can't get any info on the designer, model, etc.. I figured you all are pretty well-versed on this stuff so I'd give it up for you to try to take a stab.. any one have any idea what these could be.. or, alternatively, the closest thing that's on the market today?

2vjvh2r.jpg

Thanks!

Ryan

so i bought some LVC's that were tagged 31, but i found out they run 1" smaller in the waist than tagged. so i'm about an inch too snug around the waist. should i go for some stretch? maybe soak the waist and wear them while wet to get more stretch? or would you advise to leave the jeans in the condition i purchased them in and try to sell for the same price.

You'd probably have better luck just stretching them. Soak them and then put them on while they're still damp and stretching won't be as hard. Sizing down one isn't uncommon at all, so they'll probably be perfectly fine.

I don't have any experience with LVC, though, so I can't tell you with any high degree of certainty.