small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

This has probably been asked to date, but the rule of thumb for BoO is size up 1 correct? I'm a medium in Ervell and a 50 in Geller for reference, so I was thinking of going with a large.

Also is sizing this fall consistent with previous seasons? I imagine it is...

Yes, I'm usually an XS, but a S works just fine for me. Strangely enough, though, the jacket sizing is right on.

yeah thats what i figured - what abut length? i'm in between a 36 and 38 but some of them are regular lengths and they're just too long(i'm 5'6) - and should the waist on pants be easy to tailor?

EDIT: also - what about with shirts? best bet would be to find some that are also fitting in the chest/shoulders huh?

Your jacket should just cover your ass. Too short is pretty easy to tell, but sometimes folks let their jacket get too long, which looks far more sloppy. Just make sure that it doesn't pool up around you when you sit down. Some tailors know how to take a jacket up in length, but sometimes it can be tough, as it affects the button stance.

Waist alterations are usually a real bitch and it would be easier to just buy a pair of pants that fit at the waist and taper the leg/hem the cuff as necessary.

Your jacket should just cover your ass. Too short is pretty easy to tell, but sometimes folks let their jacket get too long, which looks far more sloppy. Just make sure that it doesn't pool up around you when you sit down. Some tailors know how to take a jacket up in length, but sometimes it can be tough, as it affects the button stance.

Waist alterations are usually a real bitch and it would be easier to just buy a pair of pants that fit at the waist and taper the leg/hem the cuff as necessary.

thank you for your help, its much appreciated

how the sizing on common projects court shoe lows? stay with the same size as achilles lows?

yezzir.

Just wondering how the Vans sk8-hi fits compare to Chuck Taylor Hi-top? Not in length but in bulkiness etc

Thanks

i'd say they're slightly bulkier. a little wider and more padding in the ankle. not flimsy like chucks.

Hopefully someone can point me to the right brands. I'm leaving my job that deals with the music industry so no more wearing sleeveless shirts with my tattoos out. I'm looking for slim fitting short sleeve and longsleeve dress shirts. Something thats dressy but still has a sunday afternoon look to it. thanks

Could you be more specific? There's like, a million sites.

i am obviously not going to find you an IDENTICAL bag, otherwise that wouldnt sell for $280. but there are hundreds of khaki/canvas long shoulder bags with pouches, find one that suits you