Sign in to follow this  
nattomoto

bye bye flash

I'd like to hope so.

thank god!!! click2flash has been my hero for the past few years, hopefully soon I'll be able to uninstall it

how 'difficult' was actionscript to learn for a programmer? i am guessing pretty easy, but when i studied graphic design years ago i hated that shit.

Action script is real easy as far as programming languages go. I'm pretty ambivalent towards flash, kinda bummed I learned it in the first place though. Xhmtl here I come...

flash indeed needs to die and w3c should finish their html5 spec asap

once you've learned 2 or more programming languages the rest are easy. They tend to follow really similar patterns these days. Other than rails, they all look like C to me. I remember LISP, thank GOD nobody has to do anything with that anymore

no flash means no webcam sites. just sayin'...

webcam??? i guess if yr paying to watch thai lady boys play with themselves, everyone else i know uses facetime or skype now.

webcam??? i guess if yr paying to watch thai lady boys play with themselves, everyone else i know uses facetime or skype now.

That is none-browser software. The Facebook (+ Skype) videochat function requires Flash too.

no flash means no webcam sites. just sayin'...

That should be covered by html5 in teh future, or at least that's what the on-going specs said.