Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

Received today from xColdRicex. Super fast delivery as usual. I think they left Japan Friday or Monday and arrived in Pittsburgh today (Wednesday.) Pics to come soon, if interested, as I'm at work now. That didn't stop me from trying them on though of course. I ordered true to my normal size (30) and got just that in the jean. They are a tad bit snug, but I'm sure that will right itself with wear. They are one wash so I don't believe any further soaking is necessary. They are a slim fit jean that remind me a lot of my Flathead 3001's. 5 button fly with a lower rise and fitted seat and thigh. Of course the denim is top notch and begs to be touched. The inseam is probably about 33-33.5" (I will get better measurements when I post pics.) I know a few people were interested in these when they were announced about a week ago, so I thought I would send in a preliminary report.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect. I ordered those in the same size from xcoldricex yesterday. Can't wait.

how big are you? I'm about 5'10 145-150. Which is actually heavier than I've been in a few years, I think I'm on the way back down now that've been running more. Anyways, the one thing I have noticed about them is the pliability of the denim; it moves really well. The flatheads I have are raw except for one warm soak, but they definitely have less give. These are also a LITTLE more roomier than the Flatheads; not much though. I don't believe either taper below the knee, but they do have a pretty small leg opening. The inseam on the pure blues is perfect for my height and taste. Pics to come in a couple hours; work is so dumb.

how big are you? I'm about 5'10 145-150. Which is actually heavier than I've been in a few years, I think I'm on the way back down now that've been running more. Anyways, the one thing I have noticed about them is the pliability of the denim; it moves really well. The flatheads I have are raw except for one warm soak, but they definitely have less give. These are also a LITTLE more roomier than the Flatheads; not much though. I don't believe either taper below the knee, but they do have a pretty small leg opening. The inseam on the pure blues is perfect for my height and taste. Pics to come in a couple hours; work is so dumb.

I'm about 5'11, pushing 160 (due to a hiatus from running for the past few months. I'm usually closer to 150). All you've said sounds promising though. I'm definitely stoked on these arriving. Please post pics!

Guest jeffvyain

is there anywhere online that shows how these things fade? beautiful raw denim, but i wanna see what happens to that shit in a year. someone quench my thirst, please.

is there anywhere online that shows how these things fade? beautiful raw denim, but i wanna see what happens to that shit in a year. someone quench my thirst, please.

here's a pre-distressed pair: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/syouaiya-1000-2/

i imagine that natural wear would produce similar color variation, but who knows...

Guest jeffvyain

yea i don't know. i would say these two are vastly different...but yea, maybe they'd be a more contrasted version of that...who knows

ianpalermo, do these feel really snug around your thighs?

They're definitely a slimmer cut, but they aren't as fitted as my Flathead 3001's. I would say they're snug, but they aren't uncomfortable. You have to consider though, most jeans I wear are cut slimmer. The loosest jean I have are Regualr Ralf Dry Greycasts. Which are so beautiful when broken, but I just can't bring myself to wear them. I'm actually kind of putting the Pure Blue's aside for a bit to break in the Flatheads. I must just be used to a snugger fit.

Now that I look at the pictures, they don't look that snug, especially from the back.

regarding the xx-005's,

How accurate are Bears measurements, specifically for the size 29 and 30?

29inc= 74cm 24cm 85cm 24cm 19cm

30inc= 77cm 24cm 85cm 25cm 19.5cm

how much will these stretch if they were an inch too small? I'm hoping these will give 1 to 2?

They're definitely a slimmer cut, but they aren't as fitted as my Flathead 3001's. I would say they're snug, but they aren't uncomfortable. You have to consider though, most jeans I wear are cut slimmer. The loosest jean I have are Regualr Ralf Dry Greycasts. Which are so beautiful when broken, but I just can't bring myself to wear them. I'm actually kind of putting the Pure Blue's aside for a bit to break in the Flatheads. I must just be used to a snugger fit.

Now that I look at the pictures, they don't look that snug, especially from the back.

I'd just break in the Flatheads and wear the PBJ's occasinally, like my 'nice' jeans. They look so good even when new.

These jeans really do have an incredible texture and all the pictures I've seen really don't do justice to how slubby they are. That said, I'm glad that I bought my Eternals and SDAs instead because the extreme slubbiness of the Pure Blues just isn't for me. I prefer a texture that is a little more subtle (arguably, the Eternals may not be that subtle, but the fabric is certainly not as visually engrossing as the Pure Blues).

I was also suprised by how soft the particular jeans I saw were; it could have been a fluke, but they were not as stiff as any other pair of raw/rinsed denim I've handled.

Another thing I don't care for with these jeans is the very plain rivets they use. It's a very very minor criticism, but I like to see some kind of a stamp on the rivet. To me they were distracting; their 'plain-ness' drew my attention to the rivets and away from the other nice details. Just my 2 cents.

I thought that this might help some people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnarnya

I recently ordered a size 30 xx-005 and you said that they are slimmer than an NS 28? I wear a 28 in NS but I was wondering if you meant that the waist of the xx-005 or the entire jean? How are the theighs and legs of the xx-005 compared to the NS 28?

Thanks so much

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnW

Hi

on me, the thighs are slightly slimmer, but they are more straight from the knee down (I found the ns has a slight taper from the knee)

they are more fitted in the seat, and the waist is definately tighter. I did struggle a litte to button them up, but strangley when they were buttoned up, they weren't tight or uncomfortable at all - I don't think they'll stretch out much, but the fabric does have quite a bit of 'give' to it.

(edit)I've just measured them and layed them out to compare, and they don't look any tighter - weird!

my NS PBJ

waist 31" (15" across back) just under 31" (14.75 across)

rise 10" 10"

thigh 10" 10"

knee 8" 8"

hem 7" 8"

Leg 34" 32.5/33"

they do feel slightly tighter even if they don't measure it!

the denim really is in a different universe to apcs though

cheers