Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
is there any other rakuten shop or other online shop selling the PBJ at a pricing which is the same as Bear? Bear ran outta my size :( wonder if they will ever restock the x-005.

you can order from Blue in Green. i'm not sure what kind of stock they have right now, but their prices are pretty good. go to http://www.blueingreensoho.com and send them an email.

• 2 weeks later...
xx-005 is slimmer than xx-003 (not sure how much). i think the rb6 aren't too slim so they should be closer to the xx-003 than the xx-005.

I've tried both of them on, and I own the xx-005. The 003 is a cut you've seen from every other company making straight leg 501 repros. The 005 is (for a Japanese denim company) an uncharacteristcally low rise, with quite a slim leg, especially in the thigh.

While I like the 005's, the waist to thigh ratio is a little too unbalanced for me. Once I shrunk the jeans, the waist was way too big compared to the thighs for me. I've got an athletic build though and my waist is small and my thighs more muscular.

Props to Sphoxx who is making these jeans look very good.

the rise on the 003's are pretty damn low as well..

It is lower than some repros, but what makes them repro-like is the fact that the waist is smaller than the hips. I think the cut of the 003's is fairly plain, nothing to really make note of when compared to the 005's. The real draw of any PBJ's though is the slubby denim.

actually, yeah, that's kinda close.

the 005 is slim, the 003 is fuller cut with a higher rise.

i've seen people who look good in the 003 but not in the 005 and vice versa. also depends on your individual style.

from what you've posted, i think you'd probably be more into the look of the XX-003.

Yea. My main problem with slim jeans is the leg opening. If i don't have a 9" inch leg opening (laid out flat), i can count on my shoes looking goofy (size 10.5-11). That's the reason im wearing rescues right now. Im a month deep into my rescues, but when that's done i'll problaby check out the xx-003 at BIG.

Someone who owns the PBJs xx005 and has kinda big thighs shed some light on this.

19.5" thighs, sz 29 or sz 30? Looking for a tapered fit, but not blood constricting(read 1000% skin tight). I've been told from Gordon from BIG that the sz 29 low hip area should shrink to about 20.5" after several washes. I'm in Shanghai currently and return shipping is a b!tch, so I would be grateful if someone can answer this question.

I'm about 5'9 and 140~ pounds.

Someone who owns the PBJs xx005 and has kinda big thighs shed some light on this.

19.5" thighs, sz 29 or sz 30? Looking for a tapered fit, but not blood constricting(read 1000% skin tight). I've been told from Gordon from BIG that the sz 29 low hip area should shrink to about 20.5" after several washes. I'm in Shanghai currently and return shipping is a b!tch, so I would be grateful if someone can answer this question.

I'm about 5'9 and 140~ pounds.

I'd get a 30. My thighs are right around 19.5" while being 5'10 145-150 pounds. I have a 30 and they fit perfect. You could probably fit the 29, but based on the experience of others, they might be too slim in the thigh for you.