Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they kinda jut out at the hips. dont like that. theyre still plenty wearable but i'd just prefer to try somethig else.

jut out at the hips? what are you talking about? You won't get a better fit than that unless you want leggings.

Funny the things we see ourselves that others dont.

jut out at the hips? what are you talking about? You won't get a better fit than that unless you want leggings.

Funny the things we see ourselves that others dont.

Didn't you do the same thing... with multiple brands too? Learn from braidkid's experience. :D

does anyone have experience with these stretching?

ive read through this thread and there are mixed responses

Slight knee buldge. Not much stretching in the thigh. The waist on mine stretched to half inch less than BIGs raw measurements. I didn't measure them when I got them so can't say if mine came half inch narrower anyway.

The waist on mine stretched to half inch less than BIGs raw measurements.

This has been my experience too.

My first pair started out at a size 30 and, a few months down the line, are now a true 32. They’re too big for me, so I’m selling them here.

I sized down with my indigo pair based on how much the black pair had stretched. They were very tight at first, so I ended up having to wet the waist and wear them until they were dry in order to stretch them out. As a result of this, and about a fortnight's worth of fairly hard wear, they’ve gone from a 28 to a 30 waist.

can somebody give the inseam length after washing for a pair of pbj 005??

i'm a little confused because i always thought they would be around 33 " after washing, but this one guy whos selling them measured 35" after hot-soak + machine dry....

thanks in advance...

can somebody give the inseam length after washing for a pair of pbj 005??

i'm a little confused because i always thought they would be around 33 " after washing, but this one guy whos selling them measured 35" after hot-soak + machine dry....

thanks in advance...

Most of them should end up around 33" inseam, give or take a 1/4-1/2 inch.

I'm not sure about the 35" inseam post hot soak/dry. Maybe they were an oddball pair or s/t; that or they still have a bit of shrinking to go still. Probably the latter.

Most of them should end up around 33" inseam, give or take a 1/4-1/2 inch.

I'm not sure about the 35" inseam post hot soak/dry. Maybe they were an oddball pair or s/t; that or they still have a bit of shrinking to go still. Probably the latter.

thanks,

going keep my hands from the xx005 then...

• 3 weeks later...

those look really good. why do you want a bigger size? i just saw the fit pics on your ebay page and they don't look overly tight. they don't look like slim fitting jeans, but more like a straight cut.

but yeh anyway .. what pair do you plan on working on next? cause these turned out pretty nice

btw does anyone know wat type of leather the patch is made of?

those look really good. why do you want a bigger size? i just saw the fit pics on your ebay page and they don't look overly tight. they don't look like slim fitting jeans, but more like a straight cut.

but yeh anyway .. what pair do you plan on working on next? cause these turned out pretty nice

btw does anyone know wat type of leather the patch is made of?

I had my super thin roommate model for those pictures. Way tighter on me.

Currently working on Eternal 811s and Samurai S5000BKs.

As for keeping for sentimental purposes, that's not really my thing. If it's not something I'm going to be using with some regularity, it may as well go to someone who will.

• 1 month later...

hmm

When I got mine they were a perfect fit. After a warm soak they were pretty snug but stretched out to good but slim fit. I washed them for the first time in warm a couple weeks ago and now theyre waaaaaaaaaaay too tight and dont seem to be stretching out at all. They look like girl jeans on me and Im pissed because I worked on these for a year!!! The rise is just too low to be able to sit down in public. Is there any way in hell to bring my jeans back to the way they were???

^ haha, Jesse, that's the exact same thing that happened to me. I wore mine for about 6 months, did a wash and could hardly move around in them. What's worse, i was out of town in a hotel when I washed them and they were the only jeans i had with me. I had to do 100 squats in my hotel room before I could even walk in them. I looked like a girl in my jeans rest of the trip. I sold them shortly after.

Based on your experience I would guess you sized down too much.

I've learned since then to initially hot soak all my un-sanforized denim, then dry in the dryer to avoid any surprises months later.

gahh yeah. I guess Ill have to sell them before I blow out the crotch. I already reinforced it just in case. Sucks because I really like how they turned out! I bought true to size too but I have athletic thighs sooo...SIZE UP IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUPERFUTURE THIGHS. the end.

That sucks jesse. The thighs on my 008 are pretty tiny. The waist is also like an inch smaller than on my 007's. I really like them though. Just so people know, sizing up one from your 005 or 007 size for a 008 could be a good idea. Also, is there an overall pbj thread as well? I don't remember seeing one. Would you guys like make one if there isn't?

gahh yeah. I guess Ill have to sell them before I blow out the crotch. I already reinforced it just in case. Sucks because I really like how they turned out! I bought true to size too but I have athletic thighs sooo...SIZE UP IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUPERFUTURE THIGHS. the end.

damn that sucks :( what size are you? and what other jeans do you own that you can compare them to? i think i'd need a 35 to be *safe* but i guess it's either 34 or 36.

I have Nudie RRDG in 33" that fit fairly spot on.

I have Julian Red Calis in 32" that fit pretty snug but good.

and I have APC Rescues in 31" that fit loose.

and the PBJ xx-005's are skiiiin tight after a wash.

hope that helps...

I think I just need to play it safe with different styles and fits from now on since I dont have any go-to straight leg jeans now. I might just go back to basics and get a pair of APC NS just so Ill always have a nice fitting straight leg that I can count on before jumping into more Japanese stuff.

• 1 month later...
JesseJB, what's your actual waist size and your thigh measurements? i'm planning on getting these soon but i really don't want that to happen to me too...

My exact waist is about 33". Thighs..Im not sure. But theyre "athletic" Id say but not skinny. The PBJs actually stretched out to tolerability but I need to reinforce the crotch..theyre developing holes like crazy.