Kanye West S/S 12 - Paris

akuma no uta

Kanye's speech

Thank you for anybody that didn’t believe, because they motivated us to break our boundaries. We don’t know what the reviews will be, we don’t know what they will say, but I got a chance to go to Italy and feel those fabrics. I begged Louis Vuitton to let me do more shoes after my shoes sold out in two weeks, and they did not. I begged Nike, I begged this company to let me do it. And I took out motherf—ing loans to get the best models, to get the best designers, to get the best venue. I gave you everything that I had.

This is my first collection. Please be easy. Please give me a chance to grow. This is not some celebrity s—. I don’t f— with celebrities. I f— with the creatives in this room, the amazing people who spend every day of their life trying to make the world a more beautiful place.

The amount of people that tried to get me a celebrity f—ing deal. They said, ‘You need to do boot-cut jeans, or you won’t sell.’ Shut the f— up ! Or Hedi Slimane in the motherf—ing Mercer, sitting with me, saying, ‘Stop giving them your ideas, Kanye. Do your own thing.’ Hedi Slimane! To feel so frustrated. And I thank anybody who came to this party, everybody who supported, everybody who believed, because people thought it was a joke, and maybe people still do, but I can only grow from this point.

right? it's seriously not that bad, its your average runway stuff. he's doin a better job than most of the users on here would probably do. But apparently all the dudes on here are womens' fashion experts in their spare time

Co-Sign This

Just realised it was a SS line. With all that fur I seriously thought it was FW? Just wondering, why did he start with a womens line? Is it some sort of rule that your first collection can't be mens?

right? it's seriously not that bad, its your average runway stuff.

"average runway stuff"? what great insight into the world of fashion shows. if someone else makes shit, do we need a celebrity to mimic that?

he's doin a better job than most of the users on here would probably do.

are you seriously using the "you couldn't do better yourself" argument? none of us here is showing a collection at Paris fashion week. neither should Kanye, because he is not a fashion designer.

But apparently all the dudes on here are womens' fashion experts in their spare time

you don't have to be an expert to tell this is garbage. its basically knock off's of a number of other designers, put together poorly with zero coherence or personality by designers that Kanye hired to do the collection for him. he is doing this to be cool, and high fashion seems to be popular now. thats why rappers are name dropping Dior or Margiela and wearing Givenchy.

• 1 month later...