Kanye West S/S 12 - Paris

akuma no uta

dont start a thread for this. it'll be deleted and you'll get an infraction.

(0)

edit: fuck it

this is why I love will. Fuck the hype, let's keep the good taste of superfuture going.

I mean, at first I thought it wasn't all that bad, but upon further inspection so much of it looks like shit you could find at most "mall-type" Womens stores.

Boring.

The first two or four looks are actually something. After that it floats between boring and terrible. The fits and the styling is off and unlike several of the girls I do not like the shoes at all. Better than what Beyonce puts out but this is no The Row yet.

This is what you'd get if you sat a first or second year student down, gave them dossiers on Balmain, Marant, Ackermann, and Wang, and then told them to come up with a super contemporary, on-trend collection.

Not bad, but not good and I think that it's clearly a sign that Kanye, for all his self-promotion, is still a dude who is just starting to learn about fashion.

im just wondering what makes you guys think its terrible? I'm not defending it since i dont know a lot about womenswear so i can't really judge it but it has elements of other brands. (ie celine and balmain)

right? it's seriously not that bad, its your average runway stuff. he's doin a better job than most of the users on here would probably do. But apparently all the dudes on here are womens' fashion experts in their spare time

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 8, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 8, 2012 - No reason given
This is what you'd get if you sat a first or second year student down, gave them dossiers on Balmain, Marant, Ackermann, and Wang, and then told them to come up with a super contemporary, on-trend collection.

Not bad, but not good and I think that it's clearly a sign that Kanye, for all his self-promotion, is still a dude who is just starting to learn about fashion.

The summary is completely on point but I don't know how you reconcile the first paragraph with the second when you say "not bad." If you said "it's not horrible" then it makes sense. The word that is most comprehensive to me is amateurish. Definitely early FIT status.

I just think it's funny/awesome that this happened.

Clipse do the ignorant fashion thing better, but Kanye is a funnier personality.

versase and shit

yeah i agree

its an unnecessary collection but what isn't hese days. still better than most of the shit that clogs up NYFW