Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

Do the levis 501 stf leg opening shrink as well when you first soak it to shrink it? I just took it out of the bathtub and the length shrunk a bit but the leg opening is the same? will it continue to shrink as it dries up? length and leg opening wise?

These are a Levis Europe and Middle East model 501 around an estimated 8-10 years old...used for paining now. they are hand me downs from a friend who lives in north africa so no telling where they have been or really how old they are. All of the repairs have been done since i was given them...still got a lot of work to do on them...They seem to fall apart more every time i wear them. Hope you enjoy!

6282190674_d6cabc7676.jpg

DSC_0178 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr6282187740_2b56472913.jpg

DSC_0187 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr6282181450_bddfe9015a.jpg

DSC_0173 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr6282184698_b038a297ce.jpg

DSC_0185 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr6281666867_5a1198dd8d.jpg

DSC_0184 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

Great stuff! I absolutely love jeans in such a state. You don't, by any chance, want to get rid of them? If so, I hereby asked first! Rep + !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm having a fit issue and wanted to get as many opinions on this as possible.

I'm 5'9" 125 lbs, my waist is around 29. I just recently bought the Levi's Shrink To Fit jeans w28/l36 from Amazon. They finally came in today && holy shit the fit is super tight, like I can't button it up without my whole gut stick out! But on the label it said to size 1 up on the waist since I'ma shrink to fit em, but I decided to size down 1 thinking they might stretch alot while wearing. But I'm a little skeptical now on whether I should go forth with the shrinking process or should I just exchange the jeans for a size 29 or 30?!!

P.S. Sorry if I'm being a noob, I'm relatively new to the denim game.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by madstaxbro, November 26, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by madstaxbro, November 26, 2011 - No reason given

I'm having a fit issue

my waist is around 29. I just recently bought the Levi's Shrink To Fit jeans w28/l36

:P return them if you can silly boy.

Edited by madstaxbro
Hey guys, I'm having a fit issue and wanted to get as many opinions on this as possible. I'm 5'9" 125 lbs, my waist is around 29. I just recently bought the Levi's Shrink To Fit jeans w28/l36 from Amazon. They finally came in today && holy shit the fit is super tight, like I can't button it up without my whole gut stick out! But on the label it said to size 1 up on the waist since I'ma shrink to fit em, but I decided to size down 1 thinking they might stretch alot while wearing. But I'm a little skeptical now on whether I should go forth with the shrinking process or should I just exchange the jeans for a size 29 or 30?!! P.S. Sorry if I'm being a noob, I'm relatively new to the denim game.

eh, i size down 1 for STFs. the 501 cut can get really baggy, and the waist will stretch around 1" past tagged size. if you can't button it now though, return them and get a size bigger, because they will shrink with washing.

drunk, i'm about the same weight as you and have the same waist measurement. If you want a slim fit I'd keep those. I went w/ a 29 and it was a little painful to have them buttoned but when I soaked them I was wearing them and then let them hang dry and while they were damp I just wore em. they fit a tad loose, not to where i have to wear a belt but I've also stopped wearing them..too baggy.

I'm sure if you put some force on the waist it will stretch to fit you. you could always just not soak and stretch them out as far as possible before your first soak.

hey drunk, like i said i stopped wearing them and I only wore them for a few months and I have never owed apc's so I can't really comment on personal experience but from what I read about apc's..it seems like nothing stretches like them. Another option would to size up to the 29's and get them tapered. If i ever decide to taper them I think they would be a really great pair of jeans.

hopefully someone else can chime in and give you a little more info.

Pic above looks really good!

LckyChrmsBBoy:

I sized down two on the pair above. Measured my waist at 31 inches, they're 29s. Oh god they were tight when I bought them. Then I shrunk them in a hot bath while wearing them ... they got even smaller.

Keep the 28s. Get them tapered if you want. They will stretch.

Edited by ndat