Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

• 2 weeks later...

501s shrink to tagged size with adequate soaking/washing.. (correct?) so if you measure at 32in where you wear your jeans, buy a 32 in 501s. size down for slim fit.

do you guys do the initial soak on your STF? I did with mine but they seem a little too soft to really set the creases. I mean I have some but they're not really that sharp if you know what I mean.

Also anyone know what the smallest size they have? I've only seen a 28

the creases and fades will happen if you just wear them. when theyre super stiff like that, the sharp creases can end up getting brittle and go threadbare quickly. its best to get a lot of the starch out before wearing. INMYHUMBLEOPINION...

• 3 weeks later...

^Still a lot of work to do, but promising beginnings!

Anyone own a pair of the 511 Raw Selvage? These:

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10952315

Just wondering about sizing and whether or not they're STF or not?

BTW. 30% off on Levis.com with the code: "FRIENDS" until 5/23

I bought those a couple of days ago.

i am in love with them, they run a size small and are not stf.

The tag said to wear as long as possible. But today i got the bottoms soaked and there was no shrink.

• 2 weeks later...

^^ wasnt there just like, a multi-page discussion about whether the made-in-usa's were STF or sanforized? i could've sworn there was a multi-page discussion just a few pages back or so.. could've sworn...

I know this isn't a direct answer but I wore the knights which are darker than the reg STF and was disappointed with how they came out after 3mos. pretty much looked brand new compared to every other pair of denim I've owned. threw them in the never wear pile and moved on.

Anyone have any evolution pics of the non-indigo STFs (grey, brown, green, khaki, etc)?

I’ve been meaning to get started on mine but it’s been way too humid here in Boston to wear jeans.

I'm traveling right now, but when I get home I'll upload some pictures of my brown stfs. They're at about 9 months. In the right light the fades look sortof cool, but I wore them to work and actually wore them fairly hard and it seems the brown dye just doesn't give as easily. Either that or it just doesn't show fade contrast very easily. Or I suck at jeans.

I know this isn't a direct answer but I wore the knights which are darker than the reg STF and was disappointed with how they came out after 3mos. pretty much looked brand new compared to every other pair of denim I've owned. threw them in the never wear pile and moved on.

I've been wearing mine for 5 months and they are fading really well :confused:

I'll put new pics up soon

• 4 weeks later...