Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

Those knights look great. I still have a pair but I only wear them very occasionally.

I'd be happy to b.s. with anyone who wants to start a contest. The problem with a third contest at mynudies was lack of interest. So, that would be the biggest hurdle imo. From what I've read, starting bnwt could be an issue here as well.

My first advice would be to try to find a sponsor. With a sponsor in place you can just dictate terms and rules. The prize money in the second mynudies contest was funded by the contestants. When you do that, a level of democracy in the process should prevail. Don't get me wrong; it was enjoyable and i have nothing bad to say about it. It just made it more complex to give everyone a voice in how it all went down.

In case anyone is interested, I am deciding to sell my pair of 501stf in raw indigo. They were only hot soaked and worn for a few hours to a KIA dealership and a Magic the Gathering draft. Love the denim and color, but the fit isn't very flattering on me. Will try a size smaller next time, or maybe get it tapered? Tagged size 31x34. Actual measurement 32x31.5. Leg opening 8in. Willing to let go cheap.

Edited by lwkeung

Got a pair of 501 Stf selvage today, my 4th pair of raws. Shall keep them in case someone wants to start a contest! Will post photos soon.

Edit:

6594329977_9ac7cde9e6_z.jpg

6594260991_5297b3cf1d_z.jpg

6594267635_420ef88a11_z.jpg

6594280515_8580fc0a26_z.jpg

6594291881_25009ab18f_z.jpg

6594298993_2887c66716_z.jpg

6594305265_a9d4fd9894_z.jpg

6594321339_b284a69927_z.jpg

Edited by adrianghaust

What's the price of these?

There is this promotion in Singapore where you trade in any pair of jeans for a SGD$50 instant discount for purchasing a new pair of Levi's jeans. (+ $20 vouchers for tops and $30 for items $80 and above).

Original price SGD$179. Got it at SGD$129 after trading in.

Hello, my first 501 stf arrived yesterday.

I'm soak in hot water 5 hours.

Result:

Before:

After:

Dude! Beautiful slim fit for a pre-shrink. I'm surprised you fit into those!

Good luck on the shrink. Let us know how it went.

Posted · Hidden by rockon99, January 3, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by rockon99, January 3, 2012 - No reason given

^doesnt look like they shrank that much. probably because they didn't.. soak again or be surprised when you finally wash them for the first time. its your call though. lol

There is this promotion in Singapore where you trade in any pair of jeans for a SGD$50 instant discount for purchasing a new pair of Levi's jeans. (+ $20 vouchers for tops and $30 for items $80 and above).

Original price SGD$179. Got it at SGD$129 after trading in.

i thought u cannot find any STF in singapore? which branch you got it?

Edited by leyori

Ok i shall check it out. Had some old levis to trade in. Thanks anw

Trade in ANY pair of Jeans. Doesn't have to be Levi's. It's best to trade-in some cheap jeans.

But I think trade-in offer is over already!

Posted (edited) · Hidden by adrianghaust, January 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by adrianghaust, January 9, 2012 - No reason given
adrianghaust, I have 501110011 and mine don't look like yours. My 501110011 look like this: http://eu.levi.com/en_GB/shop/products/male-Bottoms-Jeans-&-Pants/501-Jeans-50111-0011.html?insearch=true

Hi,

How is it not similar? First thing I checked in ur link was the back pocket stitching, it's similar at least to me. I checked the red tab, similar as well. Colors of rivet are the same. Color of thread as well.

Am I missing out something?

:wacko:

Edited by adrianghaust
In your photos back pockets are different (shape, colors of stitching) and loops belt are different. Compare yours with websites. Are you sure you have 501110011?

Oh my, I just realized the different in stitch color. I made a terrible mistake. I was confused and I wasn't sure how I get the number 50111011. Probably wrong information I got from online. Mine is 00501-1165. Thanks for pointing that out. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...