Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

id say return those, they won't shrink to the way that you'll like it enough to wear them. It just might not be worth your time. Pay 20 bucks more and get the right size and I promise you, you'll like the way they turn out.

id say return those, they won't shrink to the way that you'll like it enough to wear them. It just might not be worth your time. Pay 20 bucks more and get the right size and I promise you, you'll like the way they turn out.

Back! Sized down 2 sizes, only payed 5 more bucks for it, I love going out of business sales! I also picked up 2 pounds of Pico de Gallo. I am glad you convinced me to go size down. I also switched to blue instead of the really dark whatever color the last pair was.

IMG_0096.jpg

yep its been done before, check out the denim wiki or browse the mynudies.com 501 contest thread, one contestant got his to fit very nice and slim. I think the longest inseam you're going to find for a 29 is a 34.

LOL i was talkin to my dad about jeans today and selvage denim and he was like " that?? i had some levis 501's with that back in the day" :eek:

yep its been done before, check out the denim wiki or browse the mynudies.com 501 contest thread, one contestant got his to fit very nice and slim. I think the longest inseam you're going to find for a 29 is a 34.

Fuck, I'll never be able to wash them then.......

Is there any way to get these bad boys to have a nice slim fit? Or will they always be a bit looser? Also what's the longest inseam they come in for a 29?

gonna post these up. my 501 STF, 28x34. true to waist, one really hot soak when i got them for like ~20mins. waist stretched out perfectly to the point where i can sag them a little. they're fairly slim for 501s.

fdaetd.jpg

1znmudh.jpg

Guest DCDenim
fit looks great, and don't take the tab out, thats what makes it a 501 !

oh I didn't realize levis only put a tab on their five hundred and ones..

Stopped wearing these ages ago, but figured I should post some pics.

Wear time about 4 months....no initial soak (wanted to see what would happen) then I went to the beach about 2.5 months in so I got them all sandy and wet. Washed them about 3.5 months in. They actually for whatever reason, barely shrunk at the beach or being washed. Took out the arcs and colored the tab black.

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

See the rest of the images @ http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t169/Dioxic/Levi%20501%20STF/

Hey, do any of you guys know of a size chart online that has the dimensions of the standard pre-soak STF laid out? Everything like thigh, rise, leg opening etc.

Hey, do any of you guys know of a size chart online that has the dimensions of the standard pre-soak STF laid out? Everything like thigh, rise, leg opening etc.

Several people in the contest listed this info (pre- and post-shrink) for various sizes. Check the thread around the start date, you might find your size cataloged.

Here is my May update, Cinco de Mayo edition. Was gonna hold up a few more days after my first wash but figured I'd do another picture heavy update then. Enjoy. 104 Days of total wear.

3506092714_ff65b100a1.jpg

3506081382_a7de3250d6.jpg3505272155_15753d290e.jpg

3506080276_e9ecdd5e27.jpg3505270673_3079a98e2f.jpg

3505270519_80415719cc.jpg

3505270369_53c36838e8.jpg

3505270225_bdcbd45f98.jpg

3505270897_6aa8c5816e.jpg

My STFs are a tad looser, they have a higher rise, and I think they have a slightly wider leg opening. I bought my STFs true to waist and went for a 36 length. They were huge and loose when I got them, but I put them in the washer with no soap with warm water, and they shrunk a lot.