Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

Guest DCDenim

you must be referring to the limited edition graphic levis

http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2009/03/limitededition.php

I have to check out macy's now for the greencast, have been trying to see what they look like forever.

My kohl's has a ton of 501s including black 501s always marked at $36.99. Also my levis store has a few $98 selvedge raw models on clearance for $40.

Guest DCDenim

@abattoir, are those the greencast?

I checked out the greencast today at Macy's they were $38 from $48 retail. The website, oddly, lists them at $59.

Also noticed a light grey/blue stf I have never seen before.

@abattoir, are those the greencast?

I checked out the greencast today at Macy's they were $38 from $48 retail. The website, oddly, lists them at $59.

Also noticed a light grey/blue stf I have never seen before.

anyone have experience with the light grey/blue ones?? ive also seen them lurking around, but never seen anyone with em..

Guest jakejake

I prefer the current fit of the 501 STF over the '47 501 (skinnier fit). What other higher quality jeans have similar fit to the 501 STF? My 32x32 pair have the following measurements: W32, Rise:12, Thigh:12, Knee:9, Hem:8.

Guest jakejake
FYI, the "current" fit of 501 STFs (the ones with the white "501" tag on the inner waist band) are "loosely" based off the 1947 cut. Or so the rumor goes..

The STFs (with the white 501 tag) are still not based off of the 47 cut from what I heard. They're still the same looser version. The new distressed 501 ones do have a higher rise though.

For comparison between a 501 STF vs. predistressed 501 in the same 32x34 size:

**STF (post-soaked and worn): 32W, Thigh=12, Rise=12, Knee=9, Hem=8

**Distressed: 32-33W, Thigh=12, Rise=11, Knee=9, Hem=8

3 months wear, 1 wash, probably should have tweaked the contrast a bit, the photos not that accurate, but I guess Ill take better pics whenever I can.

Got these back in June, but haven't worn them as much as I'd like, I think i will start to a bit more.

levispic.jpg

the hems are already starting to go

edit: whoops forgot to mention, these are the old model, not the ones with the new middle tag.

baaaaaaaah fuck, i just got hooked up with a pair of 34x36 for free, brand new. i dunno if i should switch over to get some good stack or stick it out with the pair i'm rocking right now for at least another 2 or 3 months.

Just rotate them and see which one you end up wanting to wear more.

it seems like the countries they're being made in keep becoming more exotic. Good job Levi's bring it on home, you're doing well.

o_rly.jpg

This has been happening for close to 2 decades now.

I bet half of you have gone into a levi's store and some middle eastern fuck is working who knows absolutely nothing about levi's only how to sell as many as they can.

Not from my experience. I've worked at levi's and while its true that the average/most levi's sales associates don't geek over denim like I do, they are knowledgeable about THE PRODUCT they are selling. Theres a difference. They know how the cut fits but they may not know or care what weight the denim is. And from a selling/sales objective point thats fine. Their job isn't to educate the shoppers about Levi's history or wtf selvage is. Shoppers don't give a fuck either. Take your racist bullshit rant elsewhere. I'm surprised a bitter fuck like you even got hired by levi's.

Also if you're gonna bitch about the "hand that feeds" you, tell us where you work. Or stfu and keep your bitching to yourself.

First up is the 501 with white tag in size 32x34. Made in Mexico This is sized one up for me.

100_0531.jpg

100_0533.jpg

Here comes 501 with no white tag in 32x34 made in Dominican Republic.

100_0517.jpg

100_0527.jpg

The only thing I see is the seat is a tad bigger in the non white tag but when I saw this I took them both and measured across seat at top and bottom of pockets and both are the same, like within two marks on tape measure. So if there is a difference it's extremely subtle. Also in these pics the non white tag ones have had more sitting down wear and where worn while damp while the white tag ones were not. Also the white tags saw a hot soak, washer, and dryer while the non white tag ones got a hot soak and run through washer.

Oh, I agree. Plenty of other places to spew the racial shit.

Crosspost of my contest update. Far less progress than I would like. I guess that's how it goes when things are slow.

stfcontestfebf3.jpg

stfcontestfebb2.jpg

extreme saturday night boredom

pic says it all

contrast and fades are pretty accurate, the lighting in my room is pretty warm which is why they are a little yellowed over

totalfront.jpg

totalback.jpg

Guest DCDenim

you're a shoe in for the contest

sayocean is peeing in his pants right about now

better do something about that crotch, only 60 wears and it's paper thin already.

you're a shoe in for the contest

sayocean is peeing in his pants right about now

better do something about that crotch, only 60 wears and it's paper thin already.

But dude he wont let me! I asked him kindly over at mynudies and nothin. I actually bought these right after christmas while shopping with my relatives, so by coincidence i started exactly when the contest did. I didn't know about the contest till around january 15th or there abouts.

I even have pictures of them around 3 days old, with exif data backing up the date.

If i could be entered i would wear these things to tatters instead of ditching them in a few months for something else.

Guest DCDenim

I know it's retarded. Nobody will even need a year of wear to showcase their pair, simply because 501s won't last a year and even if they do, they will look horrible because they will be falling apart at every seam.

I guarantee the winner of the contest will only have 4-6 months of hard wear on them because that's when they'll look their best. 1 year is overkill.

I know it's retarded. Nobody will even need a year of wear to showcase their pair, simply because 501s won't last a year and even if they do, they will look horrible because they will be falling apart at every seam.

I guarantee the winner of the contest will only have 4-6 months of hard wear on them because that's when they'll look their best. 1 year is overkill.

Alright, so I tried to ignore you're worthless rantings but this one is just hard to resist. If you had half the brains that normal morons do, you would (yes even you) find it obvious that over at mynudies, some members are approaching 4 months on their contest pairs and not ONE have seams coming undone, crotches busting and in fact its apparent that these 501s are holding their indigo pretty well. So HOW on earth are you coming up with these assertions that they won't make it past 6 months? NO ONE is touting these 501s are the next flatheads yet you seem to enjoy shit talking every chance you get. Now show us a pair of 501s that you've personally beaten to hell in 6 months or stfu. Better yet, here's an advice for you. Think before you speak.

Once again, your stupidity is acting up. Keep that in check ass hat. I don't know if they have medication for that type of shit but please, the best thing to do is just stfu and not say another got dam word on here.

bild_002.jpg

Thats a pair of 501s from a member of mynudies. I don't see ANY seams falling apart. These look MUCH better than your RRLs. You seem to think you are some 501 expert, touting the "4-6 months of hard wear" bullshit. Once again, you're not ready for sufu, go back to honest forum.

Once again, your stupidity is acting up. Keep that in check ass hat. I don't know if they have medication for that type of shit but please, the best thing to do is just stfu and not say another got dam word on here.

bild_002.jpg

Thats a pair of 501s from a member of mynudies. I don't see ANY seams falling apart. These look MUCH better than your RRLs. You seem to think you are some 501 expert, touting the "4-6 months of hard wear" bullshit. Once again, you're not ready for sufu, go back to honest forum.

word. Those are some awesome 501 btw.

Im pretty sure Seatiger's pair (in this thread somewhere) was worn for a good long time, and they sure weren't falling apart either.

Not everything has to be selvage japanese denim, even kmart rustlers hold up rather well for 15 dollar pants.

Guest DCDenim

^^^

yep, that's why TTM's pair is falling apart after 2 months...

yeah, the guys at mynudies are wearing their jeans REAL hard

Trip-Jeans071.jpg

lmao, even your fugly pair is already light blue with no contrast anywhere. (even after bumping up the contrast)

ps. 501s aren't 1/1000th the quality of RRLs but it doesn't surprise me you don't know anything about that either.. You're nothing but a hater and a hypocrite but it's alright, you don't matter...

TTM, how are you wearing yours? I have some distressed combs on an older pair, but they're at their limits as far as funk/smell. I used them for work til they felt kind of like wearing cold butter.

Also, is the crotch as bad as it looks? With the scant dye job on these, it's hard to tell if the fabric is all that worn.

TTM, how are you wearing yours? I have some distressed combs on an older pair, but they're at their limits as far as funk/smell. I used them for work til they felt kind of like wearing cold butter.

Also, is the crotch as bad as it looks? With the scant dye job on these, it's hard to tell if the fabric is all that worn.

Well mainly I am a student which means long days and plenty of walking and sitting. I do enjoy curling (the winter sport) which definitely has lead to some weird fade and accelerated wear. Ive got a big white patch (not very visible in the pics) on my right knee due to throwing the curling stone over and over.

And yes the crotch is as bad as it looks. These pictures do the wear justice in that region. Feeling it now I could probably force my finger to tear through the big white streak.

The combs are a mystery to me, i had just spent a week in portland and after a few days of lots of walking i noticed it. When i turn the leg inside out it looks like the combs wore from the inside - probably from thousands of rubs against my right calf (which no longer has any hair at that spot :D)

Curling is awesome :D

Well, tough break about the contest date. If you want a patch of denim, pm me over at mynudies. I have a pair that got tore to hell when I fell through some stairwork.