No more denim...

PG2G

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

OK, im out, I have my edo ais that need breaking in, as do my s5000bks - which I have hardly worn, my PBJs are coming along but have a long way to go, I also have my howies and APCs which are worn but still have life in em. Plus i have the 868s in the post (soon), so no no no no no more denim for me, I have slim jeans, black jeans, light jeans, dark jeans so I really dont need any more..... accept some slim black jeans..... really I should stop buying them, I should hang on till the summer.

I keep saying to myself- "if I can hold off the denim I deserve a redmoon"...

i may have just lied to you folk. i just fell off my longboard a little funny today and fell on my lower leg in the sams. now my shin is lighter colored, i got a very small rip in the selvage (i was rockin a cuff), and i ripped out a tiny bit of the chainstitching at the hem. i am SO PISSED at myself. i've fallen on my ass and my hips plenty of times and next to no damage, but today i feel as if i really messed up a good thing. i'm sure i can repair to an extent, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass. shit

sorry, but don't skate in expensive jeans.

Jeans I bought since January 2007. Black raw Dior's 19 cm. Iron Heart 21 Oz. S634, Rag and Bones RB11, April 77 Joey Overdrives, Levi's LVC 47 501, G-Star Elwood 10th Anniversary, 5EP one resin straight leg, 5EP Raw/Rigid bootcut, KMW Rockrr, and a pair of Cheap Monday. I think I have enough to work with till the end of the year. I don't know....I'm becoming a JUNKIE!

Jeans I bought since January 2007. Black raw Dior's 19 cm. Iron Heart 21 Oz. S634, Rag and Bones RB11, April 77 Joey Overdrives, Levi's LVC 47 501, G-Star Elwood 10th Anniversary, 5EP one resin straight leg, 5EP Raw/Rigid bootcut, KMW Rockrr, and a pair of Cheap Monday. I think I have enough to work with till the end of the year. I don't know....I'm becoming a JUNKIE!

Holy fuck. That's insane.

RRDS - July 2005

Gibaud jeans - Dec 2006 (bad purchase because I felt sorry for the shop! The detail is not bad, not dissimilar to G-star but does not campare to Japanese denim)

Pure Blue Japan - Dec 2006

Ande Whall - Jan 2006

Oni Blues - Feb 200

I figure I need to purchase more jeans to make up the gap between July 2005 & December 2006. Plus another four or five pairs for this year.

After my black pair (S5000BK), I'm done for the foreseeable future (read: at least 2 years).

Reasons?

- Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvage

- Nudie Baggy Bjorn

- 45 RPM Nando x Nando

- 5EP Low Down Boot

- SugarCane SC40400N

- Oni Shoai

Just sold my Rag & Bone RB6.b, hence the need for a new pair.

I'm in too. But I would have been regardless since I want to work on my jeans until I get them nicely faded and worn before I buy more.

Since Feb. 3rd I've bought:

1) LVC 1906 Bunkhouse 501s (already distressed so no need to work on these)

2) Sugar Cane x Begin

3) Gap Gough

4) Somet 008 Slims

Plus I'm going to get the SExIH02 next Sunday.

I figure 4 jeans to break down are enough for me for a long time.

I'm in too. But I would have been regardless since I want to work on my jeans until I get them nicely faded and worn before I buy more.

Since Feb. 3rd I've bought:

1) LVC 1906 Bunkhouse 501s (already distressed so no need to work on these)

2) Sugar Cane x Begin

3) Gap Gough

4) Somet 008 Slims

Plus I'm going to get the SExIH02 next Sunday.

I figure 4 jeans to break down are enough for me for a long time.

LOL-- you're just as insane as I am! Anyway, I'm still deciding weather to get the SExIH ----then that would be it.....no more BUYING jeans until the next year. I love them all though. You're obviously getting the black ones. What size are you getting?

LOL-- you're just as insane as I am! Anyway, I'm still deciding weather to get the SExIH ----then that would be it.....no more BUYING jeans until the next year. I love them all though. You're obviously getting the black ones. What size are you getting?

Not nearly anywhere close! You bought 10 pairs in 3 months! Honestly if I didn't have a GF who saves me from myself, I'd probably have bought 10 pairs too.

Regarding the SExIH, I'm not sure what size to get. The 634S-Bs were almost 2 sizes smaller than tagged. Not sure if the SExIH02s will be the same way. So I'll be getting whatever measures 29".

What size are you getting? Are you getting the 01 or 02?

Not nearly anywhere close! You bought 10 pairs in 3 months! Honestly if I didn't have a GF who saves me from myself, I'd probably have bought 10 pairs too.

Regarding the SExIH, I'm not sure what size to get. The 634S-Bs were almost 2 sizes smaller than tagged. Not sure if the SExIH02s will be the same way. So I'll be getting whatever measures 29".

What size are you getting? Are you getting the 01 or 02?

I'm really a size 30 but when I tried the Dior 19 cm, Icoudn't fit in the 30's. So I got the 31, which was a mistake because they did s-t-r-e-t-c-h! So when I bought my Iron Hearts S 634 ( before the Levi's lawsuit ), Kiya suggested I get a 31. Well, the Iron Hearts does stretch so I'll probably go for a 30. I've been holding off buying the Dior 21 cm because I've been anticipating the IHxSE collaboration. I may get the black one, since I already have a ton of blue indigo.:)

I'm really a size 30 but when I tried the Dior 19 cm, Icoudn't fit in the 30's. So I got the 31, which was a mistake because they did s-t-r-e-t-c-h! So when I bought my Iron Hearts S 634 ( before the Levi's lawsuit ), Kiya suggested I get a 31. Well, the Iron Hearts does stretch so I'll probably go for a 30. I've been holding off buying the Dior 21 cm because I've been anticipating the IHxSE collaboration. I may get the black one, since I already have a ton of blue indigo.:)

My waist where my 10" rise Gough (same rise as the 21cm) sit is 30" in the morning and 30.5" - 31" after lunch (depending on how big a lunch I eat). So I figure a measured 29" SExIH02 should stretch out perfectly since everyone says that IHs stretch out quite a bit.

I'm guessing that Kiya will probably only have 2 - 4 pairs of each size of the 02s.

Cool-- so you get the 29 and I'll get the 30. You're one lucky dude cuz you'll actually be there. PM me when you get it and tell me what you think.

Actually, I won't be there. I'm in Hawaii. I've managed to persuade a friend in SF to drop by and pick me up a pair.

You aren't going to wait for them to be available online are you? I toyed with that idea since I wouldn't have to pay the 8.5% sales tax or shipping but figured the $40+ I'd save wouldn't be worth it if my size got sold out.

I'm sure there are SFers in SF who'll be willing to pick you up a pair.

Actually, I won't be there. I'm in Hawaii. I've managed to persuade a friend in SF to drop by and pick me up a pair.

You aren't going to wait for them to be available online are you? I toyed with that idea since I wouldn't have to pay the 8.5% sales tax or shipping but figured the $40+ I'd save wouldn't be worth it if my size got sold out.

I'm sure there are SFers in SF who'll be willing to pick you up a pair.

I live in L.A. I may drive to the City if I have to. No way around the sale tax.

Damn I miss road trips... Driving around this small fuckin' island just isn't the same.

BTW--- if you live in Hawaii, won't the black heavy denim be too hot for you? Remember, black absorbs heat. Something to think about.

After my black pair (S5000BK), I'm done for the foreseeable future (read: at least 2 years).

Reasons?

- Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvage

- Nudie Baggy Bjorn

- 45 RPM Nando x Nando

- 5EP Low Down Boot

- SugarCane SC40400N

- Oni Shoai

Just sold my Rag & Bone RB6.b, hence the need for a new pair.

Before I lie to myself.. I might also pick up the 5EPxSF jean, just because.

BTW--- if you live in Hawaii, won't the black heavy denim be too hot for you? Remember, black absorbs heat. Something to think about.

Yeah... I'm not so much worried about the heat as I am about the humidity. It gets hot in SoCal too but it's dry heat. The thing that saves me is that I'm in an AC office all day and I already blast the AC at home. Ah... the things we do for fashion...