BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

Blue in Green is now doing a pre-order for 19oz Natural Indigo Onis. Just like the last time but with heavier, slubbier denim. Dyed by the same dude.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2297&category_id=&manufacturer_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Alright, I'm thinking about the Shoais. Ignore my sig, I'm fucking HOPELESS.

My worry is that there won't be one that fits me. I'm a 35 in Samurai, a 36 in SDA, a 34 in Iron Heart. The Shoais will stretch a fair bit, being 19 oz, so on the waist I can probably do a 34 and start with a cold/warm instead of hot soak.

But the thing is, I've got PBJ 007s in a 36, the bottom half of the thighs are as tight as they can comfortably be. Is the 34 gonna fit me, will the 36 be baggy as fuck after it stretches out? Should I save the credit card debt for something better fitting? Augh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yay received my Oni Vedge Blues today!

surprisingly, the back pocket selvage acrtutate actually dont look as bad as I though tit would. Was planning on taking off the selvage arctuate but ill be keeping it.

Pre-soak fit seems very nice. fits my waist perfectly which means post-soak itll be tight but hopefully will stretch.

Denim...jesus christ the denim is a whole omething else. I love the slubbiness of these things. grade cheese on my knees if i wanted to.

Anyway, I'll take some pre and post soak pics when i get off work.

yay received my Oni Vedge Blues today!

surprisingly, the back pocket selvage acrtutate actually dont look as bad as I though tit would. Was planning on taking off the selvage arctuate but ill be keeping it.

Pre-soak fit seems very nice. fits my waist perfectly which means post-soak itll be tight but hopefully will stretch.

Denim...jesus christ the denim is a whole omething else. I love the slubbiness of these things. grade cheese on my knees if i wanted to.

Anyway, I'll take some pre and post soak pics when i get off work.

You buy too many jeans. But thats ok because most of us do haha.

what. i buy too many jeans? last pair of jeans i bought is the Sufu Warehouse denim which i sold due to bad fit. before that is a pair of Diors i bought a year and half ago.

Wow really? My bad bro I could've sworn I saw you post a bunch of denim pickups recently on latest pickups thread. Mistaken identity.

Nice pickup on those Oni's though, I'm undecided if I wana pull the trigger on the natural indigo 'vage's. Feels like I'm spending too much but its hard when you see the word "SALE".

after a 2 hour soak in hottest tap water, changed out twice. i am very satisfied with the fit. Stuck a hanger in the waistband so it would not shrink too much. Fortunately, waist band shrunk very minimally. Sat around for an hour with the top button undone and finally was able to button it. So here are the fit pics post-soak (didnt take pre-soak unfortunately).

DSC_1527s.jpg

DSC_1541s.jpg

DSC_1537s.jpg

Sorry the pictures are blurry.

not nearly sagged as i would be normally wearing it. just cant get the pants down even an inch...waist is tight as hell

Still tryign to decide if i should take the back pocket arctuate off...probably should've just gone with the Oni Blue instead of Oni-Vedge Blue but it was still 25$ cheaper on sale so used that money towards 2nd day shipping. What do you guy sthink? take off acrtuate?

after a 2 hour soak in hottest tap water, changed out twice. i am very satisfied with the fit. Stuck a hanger in the waistband so it would not shrink too much. Fortunately, waist band shrunk very minimally. Sat around for an hour with the top button undone and finally was able to button it. So here are the fit pics post-soak (didnt take pre-soak unfortunately).

i gave my blues a 2 hour hot soak as well. just to be sure i got the shrinkage out of the way i gave them a hot wash and dry and they shrank up at least half again as much, so beware if they are that tight after only a soak. they do stretch out a lot though.

yeah im letting them completely dry, then ill check measurments and see if i need another soak. for now, it looks like they shrunk quite a bit. knee was measuring around 8.5, leg opening rougly below 8, thigh 11.5. perfect slim fit that i've been looking for. owuldnt hurt if it shrunk a tiny bit more but we'll see after it drys up

yeah im letting them completely dry, then ill check measurments and see if i need another soak. for now, it looks like they shrunk quite a bit. knee was measuring around 8.5, leg opening rougly below 8, thigh 11.5. perfect slim fit that i've been looking for. owuldnt hurt if it shrunk a tiny bit more but we'll see after it drys up

Keep the arcuate. Looks good!

Guest jeffvyain

fmbh, those look great. and very nice fit. i just ordered the regular blues from BIG and hopefully will be getting them tomorrow. I'm wearing them almost 100% for work only and continuing to wear my s5000vx for leisure, but the pics are definitely getting me excited to receive my pair. what a great looking pair of jeans, even when brand new.