BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

Where the hell are all the worn pic's of the Oni Shoai's 19oz Natural Indigos that everyone went crazy about???

It's nearly impossible to get wear on them. They shrink so much in the first wash that the material becomes hard like sandpaper. They're also full of that weird starch when you first get them. Mine are fairly tight-fitting and sometimes when I leave my keys in them they leave angry red marks on my leg from the roughness, so no real wear. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, don't mind me resurrecting an old thread as I am wearing my Oni Shoais to welcome the New Year. I've forgotten how NICE these jeans are. Kiss fading report goodbye. I think the dyeing process will make them really really hard to break in. Nevertheless, I LIKE!

Just did my first wash in the washing machine with Dr Bronner at the 9 month mark. Before then i did a couple of washes in cold water with woolite. I was hoping there be more fading. Think from this point I'm gonna wash my jeans every month with to get more over fading. Will post pics up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

chan, I think those look pretty good on you, but they seem quite a bit slimmer than the other jeans I remember you wearing. They'll look great post-soak, as long as you're shooting for a slim-straight look. They'll shrink a good amount everywhere, too. My w32 Blues shrunk 1.5" in the thigh, 3/4" in the knee and 1/2" at the hem.

Good luck with soak (if you're going to) and let's seem them afterward.