BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got a pair of vedge reds 50% off from BiG. Totally underrated cut - most people I see on here have the blue ones. These are so comfy despite the crazy striated denim. These things feel like they have ribs!

• 2 weeks later...

Oni might have some new denims. I saw these on Hinoya: http://google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fitem.rakuten.co.jp%2Fhinoya%2Foni-0240%2F&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=ja&tl=en

Part of the description reads, "The model is NEW blue denim demons rather than the rather shallow Rise slim silhouette in the world."

I can't tell if the cut is different from the Oni Blue that we all know or if they've just removed the arcuates and put on a small fabric patch on top of the back pocket. They've also changed the leather patch so that it looks more like your standard jap denim brand patch; I don't care for it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jeffvyain

78139.jpg

78142.jpg

78146.jpg

78149.jpg

before and after wash. between 2 and 3 months. loving these jeans. the fit and denim are great, and though they're a bitch to break in, they're nothing short of very interesting to wear 5 days a week.

• 2 weeks later...

First post; I bought a pair of Oni Blue Vedge-Kabuki in Size28 (anyone know what the difference is? I think it had something to do with the dying process or something)

Here are some current overview pics:

overviewfront.jpg

overviewback.jpg

Here at the fit pics brand new, straight from the box:

Front

DSC02193.jpg

Side

DSC02186.jpg

Back

DSC02189.jpg

Angled

DSC02190.jpg

They were pretty tight in the thigh. I decided to warm soak them while wearing the jeans and stretch out the thighs while shrinking the rest. They didn't shrink very much.

(**They have been hemmed by BiG to shrink to 31 inches**)

It's only been 2 weeks so far and I didn't wear them very much. Wore them 5 days lightly and 1 day with an hour of light biking. I washed them yesterday after scraping my knee (falling off the bike) since I got dirt in the jeans.

poorknee.jpg

Anyway, there's already some discolouration near the crotch area, I guess from minimal biking.

Here at some fit pictures after 2 weeks of wear; they are slightly damp/almost dry.

Are they too small?

Front:

front201.jpg

Side:

side101.jpg

Back:

back101.jpg

Action pose:

bend101.jpg

1. I hate you, you bought the last pair from BiG when they were on sale

2. The dye process is explained on BiG's web page.

3. Resize your pictures.

Process is on page 14, awsome. (It was wiped from BiG's webpage)

I've resized the photos.

If you're unsatisified with this progress; think of this as the "before" pictures with after pictures coming later. indigo_junkie is the only other person who has posted pics of the kabuki-vedge model, don't h8. These are supposed to fade differently than the normal ones (easier).

edit:

Can anyone read this:

デニムで、防縮加工、ねじれ加工も施していない為に洗うとカラダにフィットし、キレイな天然藍

It comes out to this:

Denim, preshrunk, twisting and cutting and washing for charity KARADA not fit the natural indigo kirei

I'm just wondering what it means. My friend (not a native Japanese speaker) said it means the jeans are pre-shrunk. But how would that work with shrink to fit? That's why I'm asking.

edit: It's not going to change anything, I'm just curious to know.

My Oni's just shy of two months. I had to wash them since they were just getting too nasty from sweat. The waistband was grey when it dried, and some of the stitching was white from all of the salt built up on it...

frontdetailws1.jpg

and a standing pic because they're just so fun...

standingpl3.jpg

You have to love the texture of this denim...

texturewb4.jpg